Zinc toxicity?

Beast80

Reaction score
I've been having amazing success with the following regimen in terms of regrowth of miniature hair follicles:

- Aloe Vera Gel mixed with Zinc and B6.
- Azelaic Acid (Skinoren cream applied 3 times daily)
- Nizoral shampoo (Every day)

However I have been feeling extremely fatigued and nauseous as a result, a slight bit of breathing difficulty. As far as I have read, Azelaic acid is not toxic to the body, Nizoral shampoo has not given me any bad reactions in the past. The only culprit I can think of is Zinc. I think I may have added too many capsules to the Aloe Vera gel. Is it possible that too much zinc is being absorbed through my scalp causing these symptoms? I read that too much can be toxic to the body. Even though the gel dries up pretty quickly, I'm a bit worried that I could be poisoning myself. In the past I've had problems with systemic absorption of Minoxidil so I'm aware that my scalp may absorb more than average.

Please let me know, because if this is the case I will reduce the zinc in the formula.

Beast80

Reaction score
I think you're taking it orally. My main concern is applying it topically. Would it be a problem applying it once everyday? I'm worried I may have added too much to the aloe vera gel.