Zinc To Aleviate finasteride Sides, Overall Libido

smitylax1111

Reaction score
Hello,

I have been toying with the idea of Zinc in my regimen. I already take finasteride 1mg with moderate success. Going through a shed right now which isn't fun. I want to introduce Zinc to aid in the side reduction. Mine are not too bad, but I would like to be a bit sharper in the bedroom and just be more horny.

I have seen reports of Zinc in fact inhibiting 5ar. I have seen reports of people benefiting form Zinc. But, I have also seen reports (though significantly less of them) of shedding.

My question is this. If I am already taking finasteride. Would the addition of low dose zinc harm my hair?

Anyone out there with any experiences with the two?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,

I have been toying with the idea of Zinc in my regimen. I already take finasteride 1mg with moderate success. Going through a shed right now which isn't fun. I want to introduce Zinc to aid in the side reduction. Mine are not too bad, but I would like to be a bit sharper in the bedroom and just be more horny.

I have seen reports of Zinc in fact inhibiting 5ar. I have seen reports of people benefiting form Zinc. But, I have also seen reports (though significantly less of them) of shedding.

My question is this. If I am already taking finasteride. Would the addition of low dose zinc harm my hair?

Anyone out there with any experiences with the two?

https://examine.com/supplements/zinc/

Zinc is one of the 24 micronutrients needed for survival. It is found in meat, egg, and legume products. Oysters are particularly good sources of zinc.

Zinc is an aphrodisiac and Testosterone Booster, but it will only raise testosterone levels if the user is deficient in zinc. Zinc is also very important for the functioning of the enzyme, hormone, and immune systems.

In very high doses, zinc can act as an aromatase inhibitor and reduce estrogen levels. It is also a potent antioxidant and can provide benefits for prostate issues. Zinc also plays a role in the repair of intestinal mucosa, when supplemented in high doses.

Zinc is lost through sweat, making supplementation very important for athletes that don’t get a lot of zinc through food.

Hangin'on Hair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just started to take pumpkin seed oil. It's very high in zinc and is also said to inhibit dht.

smitylax1111

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. I think I am going to go for it and see how it goes. Anyone else out there with Zinc experience?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think there's some effect if you take zinc in the morning or just before bed. My memory says just before bed with a bit of food and nothing else after, but I can't remember the reason.

g.i joey

Reaction score
Doesn't zinc on an empty stomach make you nauseous? OP make sure you're taking the right form of zinc, inthink the variations are piconate and gluconate... don't really feel like looking them up lol but check it out

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been taking zinc over the years in addition to Minoxidil.It is difficult to isolate whether it has been particularly beneficial in halting my hairloss. It was only months since I added Finasteride to the regimen when I began to see any mildly visible success.
Like all natural supplements, there are little side effects but provides other health benefits; due to its affordability I may as well continue.

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
I sweat a huge amount and also work out often. After I started supplementing zinc I noticed an increased libido and definitely feel like my testosterone is higher.

Also 2 warts that I had for years cleared up in a month.

No idea if it's any helpful to my hair.

Massive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I sweat a huge amount and also work out often. After I started supplementing zinc I noticed an increased libido and definitely feel like my testosterone is higher.

Also 2 warts that I had for years cleared up in a month.

No idea if it's any helpful to my hair.

Warts cleared up, for real ?
Which zinc form and dosage you on ?
I'm currently on 30mg L-OptiZinc almost everyday unless I get lazy. What I love about zinc is the vivid dreams it gives me, I usually take it before bed. I get those insane ludicrous vivid dreams and I just wanna keep sleeping for the dreams.

I've tried zinc mega dosing in the past, did this to try and clear up my acne and also to see if it could improve my gym workouts, I don't think I saw anything significant.

For improving erections, I think zinc picolinate did a good job. Something like 1 or 2 pills of 50mg zinc picolinate would get the job done.

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
Warts cleared up, for real ?
Which zinc form and dosage you on ?
I'm currently on 30mg L-OptiZinc almost everyday unless I get lazy. What I love about zinc is the vivid dreams it gives me, I usually take it before bed. I get those insane ludicrous vivid dreams and I just wanna keep sleeping for the dreams.

I've tried zinc mega dosing in the past, did this to try and clear up my acne and also to see if it could improve my gym workouts, I don't think I saw anything significant.

For improving erections, I think zinc picolinate did a good job. Something like 1 or 2 pills of 50mg zinc picolinate would get the job done.

I take 15mg zinc Glycinate. I started at 30mg for a month and dropped it after I noticed positive effects as my diet is decently high in zinc anyways and I read that you should supplement copper alongside zinc if you take too much. I had two warts for over 4 years and both of them started to clear up after a few weeks on zinc and one day I just noticed they were gone. Not a trace left. I had not even known zinc might cause this but I made the connection, googled it, and apparently zinc has been shown to be somewhat effective against warts.

My weed use suppresses most of my dreams so I haven't noticed that. Also I take mine at lunchtime.

I also highly reccomend taking magnesium. It's highly unlikely you get enough in your diet and magnesium has had the most noticeable improvements of any supplement I've taken.

Better nails (and skin around them), better sleep, less anxiety, better poos and no more muscle twitches. I take 400mg citrate daily.

Massive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I take 15mg zinc Glycinate. I started at 30mg for a month and dropped it after I noticed positive effects as my diet is decently high in zinc anyways and I read that you should supplement copper alongside zinc if you take too much. I had two warts for over 4 years and both of them started to clear up after a few weeks on zinc and one day I just noticed they were gone. Not a trace left. I had not even known zinc might cause this but I made the connection, googled it, and apparently zinc has been shown to be somewhat effective against warts.

My weed use suppresses most of my dreams so I haven't noticed that. Also I take mine at lunchtime.

I also highly reccomend taking magnesium. It's highly unlikely you get enough in your diet and magnesium has had the most noticeable improvements of any supplement I've taken.

Better nails (and skin around them), better sleep, less anxiety, better poos and no more muscle twitches. I take 400mg citrate daily.

Sounds good, I'll give glycinate a try after my L-OptiZinc runs out. Did you actually supplement copper during you zinc usage? I was recently wondering if I need to add copper since I've been on zinc for ages...

Didn't realise weed suppresses dreams... I haven't touched that for many years and never used it for more than in a blue moon if I ever did.

Oh yeah you're absolutely right about the magnesium, I really ought to restock on it again !

horunger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Zinc, like other minerals, has no benefits unless you have severe deficiency. Youre just distracting yourself with remote possibilities, simply try dutasteride if you want better hair results and less sexual sideeffects, me and many others have good experiences with dutasteride in that regard.

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sounds good, I'll give glycinate a try after my L-OptiZinc runs out. Did you actually supplement copper during you zinc usage? I was recently wondering if I need to add copper since I've been on zinc for ages...

Didn't realise weed suppresses dreams... I haven't touched that for many years and never used it for more than in a blue moon if I ever did.

Oh yeah you're absolutely right about the magnesium, I really ought to restock on it again !

No I've never supplemented copper, I reduced my dosage so that I shouldn't have to. I eat dark chocolate and nuts quite often which are full of minerals including copper though.

Yeah my last dream I remember was over a month ago. It messes with your REM sleep apparently. When I give up weed I get really vivid dreams for weeks. Often too vivid and I realize I'm dreaming and wake up in a sweat.

Zinc, like other minerals, has no benefits unless you have severe deficiency. Youre just distracting yourself with remote possibilities, simply try dutasteride if you want better hair results and less sexual sideeffects, me and many others have good experiences with dutasteride in that regard.

Zinc won't regrow hair and will likely do nothing if you're not deficient. But it's worth finding out what you might be deficient in as being healthy in general is going to be good for you hair and libido, even if it's almost negligible. If you go to the gym a lot, sweat a lot, don't eat a lot of meat or masturbate a lot you mightn't have the optimal zinc levels.

horunger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"optimal"

Theres that word again, all supplements advertisers want to convince us that everything has to be optimal or else youre sick as fukk and will die early. Lucily the real world dont work that way, doctors only operate with average levels found in healthy individuals and will admit that having half of the minimum mineral /vitamin levels doesnt mean youll ever have symptoms of deficiency. Over here the minimim level of Vit D was increased and as a result lots of people have been diagnozed with deficiencies just by the pressing of a few buttons at the department of health. We are just as healthy as before, only the recommendation guidelines has changed and the supplements industry is again the only winner.

horunger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The danger here is that the OP will start taking zinc, after a while the side effects of finasteride will subside sll by themselves but zinc gets the credit, and the word spread and newcomers are given bad advices and will waste valuable time on ineffective regimens. Fukk supplements, straight to dutasteride is my motto.

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
"optimal"

Theres that word again, all supplements advertisers want to convince us that everything has to be optimal or else youre sick as fukk and will die early. Lucily the real world dont work that way, doctors only operate with average levels found in healthy individuals and will admit that having half of the minimum mineral /vitamin levels doesnt mean youll ever have symptoms of deficiency. Over here the minimim level of Vit D was increased and as a result lots of people have been diagnozed with deficiencies just by the pressing of a few buttons at the department of health. We are just as healthy as before, only the recommendation guidelines has changed and the supplements industry is again the only winner.

Science begs to differ :p

There are a load of studies showing that higher (optimal) blood serum vit d levels are associated with better health, longevity, better bones and an improvement in a load of other bodily functions. There are also studies which show that taking a vit d supplement will raise your blood serum level and there are studies which show that taking vitamin d leads to these benifits. For example old people given vitamin d are significantly less likely to suffer from falls.

Why would we not have optimal levels naturally? Because we spend way more time indoors than in our evolutionary history.

If you actually look at studies, and not "Nutritions sites" or "10 ways to get healthy" or whatever other bullshit is going around you will see that having the correct amount of nutrients, minerals and vitamins is very important. And yes the best way is to get them through your diet but supplementing is the next best bet.

horunger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not consistent proof, read more. As for me.. Im low on D and has extremely strong bones, never drank milk too. Ask the chinese, damn strong bones, relatively low on vit D and grew up without milk.

Then the muslims, vit D deficiency in females is very common in Yemen and around there due to the traditional fully covering clothing but they dont have bad bones compared to westerners, less hip fractures in postmenopause women.

horunger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lets add Philippines to that, i just been there on vacation again now, biggest milk drinkers and vitamin D freaks in Asia but has asias poorest bone health in women. (Also bough my dutasteride there, genuine avodart 0.5 for us$1 a piece in mercury drug, no presc.)

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
Google actuall studies. Examine.com is a good place to start.

"Not consistent proof"

And your few anecdotal observations are?

RU serious

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I also feel a noticeable libido improvement when taking Zinc along with Finasteride, I take about 30mg Zinc a day and Finasteride 0.25mg EOD. I am about two months in and no major sides so far (when I first took finasteride at same dose without zinc I had crippling side effects) not saying the zinc is totally responsible for this but I do feel it helps.