zinc = better sex drive? on propecia

pehlavoon

Reaction score
I've been on propecia for about a year now. It's kept my hair, nothing new added though. I've lost a lot in the past 2 years. I'd probably be bald by now if I wasn't on propecia. My sex drive is pretty low. I'm 23 and recently married. We do have sex a lot but I can noticeably say that is lower then it should be. Probably 35% lower the before I was on it. I know all the crap on the internet is junk. Has anyone tried Zinc to boost their libido or any other supplement? If so let me know so I can try it. It would be greatly appreciated guys. Thanks.

pehlavoon

Reaction score
35%? Well it went from 15 times a week (roughly) to 10 times a week. Im sure your computer has a calculator.

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
pehlavoon said:
35%? Well it went from 15 times a week (roughly) to 10 times a week. Im sure your computer has a calculator.

thats nearly 1.5 times a day... thats not bad....

ali777

Reaction score
That's not propecia reducing your libido, it's called marriage :)

No, seriously in the early 20s 10 times a week sex is probably normal. I had a year of 10 times a week in my early 20s as well, but after a certain point it doesn't matter how horny you are, you just have other things to do or your partner needs to "wash her hair". If you still have sex 3-4 times a week in 5 to 10 years, count yourself lucky. The average is supposed to be twice a week...

PS: I was taking some supplements some time ago and there was zinc in it. I was definitely hornier with the extra zinc. You have to be careful though, high dose of zinc reduces some other mineral's absorption and it can have a negative effect. I think the recommended daily dose is 15mg, it's probably safe to take around 30-40 mg. Apparently we lose 5mg of zinc with each ejaculation, so if you are having sex like rabbits you are definitely losing lots of zinc and you need to replace it.

Optimistic

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
pehlavoon said:
Has anyone tried Zinc to boost their libido or any other supplement? If so let me know so I can try it. It would be greatly appreciated guys. Thanks.

Yeah, zinc definitely improves the sex drive.

I'm on propecia too, but I take 1 x 15mg of zinc in citrate form everyday. I get noticeably hornier than if I'm not taking it. Test it out by taking it for a couple of weeks and then stop for another couple of weeks.

Men need to replace the zinc lost during ejaculation in the same way that women need to replace the iron lost during their monthly bleeding period. Women get Pre-Menstral Tension (PMT) once a month which can make them intolerable to be around, so it must therefore follow that men get Pre-Ejaculatory Tension (PET) which can make them intolerable to be around several times a week !

The other poster is right that taking more zinc than about 15mg a day can have negative effects - search on Google for what they can be.

In the mean time, enjoy yourself !

Petchsky

Reaction score
I've just bought some Maca tablets as i hear this helps, also i took hmr lingans recently and my libido reappeared. Also i've heard Zinc can do the job too, along with progrestorone cream. Plenty of options

SoThatsLife

Established Member
Reaction score
Zinc is supposed to help to stabilize testo levels and probably hormone levels, and then could give a libido boost. Exercise is probably the best v**** you could get. If your sides are effecting you to much, you could try 1mg EOD, but there is no guaranty that it will be as effective for you as 1mg ED.

Obsidian

Reaction score
Take it for what it's worth but, I take stress-tab vitamins with zinc in them and I noticed when I stopped taking them for a month my libido dropped faster than the temperature in Antarctica. When I got back on them my libido returned to normal meaning for my age = high sex drive.

purecontrol

Established Member
Reaction score
You want to include magnsium as well, but yes it does work. I take it 3 times per week and every night I notice the difference.

ali777

Reaction score
Obsidian said:
Take it for what it's worth but, I take stress-tab vitamins with zinc in them and I noticed when I stopped taking them for a month my libido dropped faster than the temperature in Antarctica. When I got back on them my libido returned to normal meaning for my age = high sex drive.

I haven't taken a supplement that contains zinc for a few weeks and my libido is completely gone. I didn't pay attention to it initially, but after a few days I noticed that I don't think about sex at all. I don't know how fast the temperature drops in Antarctica, but my libido was gone in a matter of days.

Maybe, I should visit my local health shop tomorrow. I was thinking of buying a few things anyway :)

diffuse propecia

Established Member
Reaction score
ali777 said:
Obsidian said:

I haven't taken a supplement that contains zinc for a few weeks and my libido is completely gone. I didn't pay attention to it initially, but after a few days I noticed that I don't think about sex at all. I don't know how fast the temperature drops in Antarctica, but my libido was gone in a matter of days.

Maybe, I should visit my local health shop tomorrow. I was thinking of buying a few things anyway :)

Me too, I have been using stress-tabs+zinc and my libido is through the roof.

diffuse propecia

Established Member
Reaction score
~a week. I take 1 stress tab a day (~23 mg zinc) and one multivitamin a day ( half serving, it is supposed to be 2 tabs a day of GNC mega teen (~7.5 mg zinc )) so I get about 30 mg of zinc a day only from supplements. I do forget to take one tab or the other occasionally, and keep in mind that there are other high dosed vitamins and minerals in the stress tab which may also help in libido, not just the zinc. btw wyeth produces the tabs.