Zinc and sexual benefits

lmdavies

Reaction score
I have been taking zinc internally for nearly a year now and although I have not noticed any benefits in terms of male pattern baldness, it is amazing for your sex life. I.e. rock hard errections; morning wood; p**rn star jizz and generally horny all the time.

According to the experts, this is meant to be a good 5ar inhibitor but I am slightly confused as I'm still full of acne on my back and shoulders; have a high sex drive and my hairline is still receeding at a very slow rate.

Can anyone make anything of this? I am almost 100% certain that zinc is massively beneficial for your sexual health but how do I know that it is reducing DHT?

Felk

Reaction score
It's strange that it's claimed to be a 5ar inhibitor and a libido-booster at the same time - isn't that a contradiction? :p

cwaigy

Reaction score
It's possible that Zinc raises Testosterone levels, but helps prevent its conversion to DHT.

Cheers
Craig

Thinning

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think it binds to SBHG so it increases free test with no change in overall test levels. If you want something more effective try nettle root extract. DS Activate contains this and its good stuff.

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
yep i agree with the sexual benefits side...

I've been taking it for a few weeks and although I hadnt noticed any major down turn in my sexual desire etc I have noticed a boost in my libido, so I guess my hair regimen must have been having a slight effect.

Anyway I agree its really good and would recommend it! Also it boosts your immune system, so theres another reason to take it

powersam

Reaction score
this is the first i've heard that zinc taken internally can inhibit DHT. where do you get your information?

Perfectionist

Reaction score
What kinda dosage do you need to take to have the sexual effects ? :)

I take a daily multi-vit with 100% RDA of 15mg ..... I don't seem to be getting any of these kinds of benefits !! :D

grabber

Established Member
Reaction score
If i recall correctly, you shouldnt take more than 100mg per day. 50mg seems to be the right dose.... to me anyway.

Strat54

Established Member
Reaction score
Dosage
Dosage range for general health is 15 - 20mg zinc. Dosage in specific needs range between 30 - 60mg.

Potential applications
Skin conditions, such as: acne, eczema, psoriasis, postoperative healing, viral infections, prostate/testicular conditions, bone support - osteoporosis, sense deficiencies, such as hearing, taste and smell, hypoglycaemia, macular degeneration, anorexia, alcoholism, vegetarianism, post-trauma and burns treatment, low stomach acid, pancreatic insufficiency and oral contraceptive use.

Known contraindications
High doses of zinc can impair the immune system. It is advised not to take a daily intake greater than 150mg's for more than one week.

Interactions
Zinc does not seem to interact negatively with any drug. Zinc is best taken away from high fibre foods for optimum absorption.

Use in conjunction with
May be used with EFAs, Dong Quai and B complex in PMS. Other links include use along with Saw Palmetto and additional antioxidants in prostatic conditions. Zinc, chromium, EFAs, milk thistle and spirulina can maximise benefits in detoxification and enhancing skin health.

THE ROLE OF COPPER
Copper is included because zinc may depress copper levels if an appropriate ratio is not maintained (approx. 10:1 zinc to copper). It has been postulated that a relative or absolute deficiency of copper characterised by a high ratio of zinc to copper results in hypercholesterolemia (elevated cholesterol levels in the blood), myocardial (heart muscle) and arterial damage and increased mortality.

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
IBM said:
I've a book with 9 years old and in this book is written that zync is good for sexual appetite.

that sounds dodgy as hell. u have a book with 9 year olds?

CCS

Reaction score
oh, this is what this thread is about. When I saw "zink sexual benifits", I thought it was going to tell us how to get pretty women by taking zink. :(