Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Zb00st's Story (age 21) (UPDATE)

did you ever do a bloodtest?

zb00st

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Zb00st's Story (age 22) (UPDATE)

Ok I'm back here. Guess it was time things to mess up :D There are some things to say in the time I haven't updated this. Basically my hair went thru some sheds which were unexplainable to me cuz I haven't changed anything in my regimen I was on the big 3 for over 2 years. The best period was the 6/2009-8/2009 when my hair was black, thick no sheds and regrowth was perfect. That was ~6 months since I started using minoxidil. What happened after that, I had some downs and ups with hairloss.

3/2010 - Hair was receeding and thining in front, almost went baseline. Pretty bad. in January I stopped minoxidil for about a month and got on it back in feb. still was on finasteride.

7/2010 - Hair was very good, regrowth in front, thick and long hair on pic.

11/2010 - Still ok, maybe u can't see on pic but some receeding on the temples. Hair wasnt as good as the summer.

So I was on minoxidil + finasteride hair was very good in the summer of 2009 and 2010 and both in the winter of 09 and 2k10 hair was getting worse :thumbdown2: In the last months I wasn't happy with my hair and decided to change the regimen. First I wanted to see if finasteride is working for me. Remember that I didnt saw results when I started it back in 2008 and waited 5-6 months to kick in with minoxidil. So question no.1 for me was is finasteride working for me in the front and here we go:

18.1.2011- OFF finasteride, OFF minoxidil

27.1.2011 - OFF finasteride, ON minoxidil

3/2011 - ON minoxidil alone.

Curently and in the past 2 weeks hair is shedding with a rate of 50 hairs when I brush it all comes in the sink :shakehead: Like a f*cking dog. It's bad in the front, thin and receded temples. I plan to stick with minoxidil only for a few months. I may come back to finasteride if it goes worse :innocent: I also plan to add retinA for sure and S5 maybe.

irishpride86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Re: Zb00st's Story (age 22) (UPDATEd 3/11)

mmmm, after reading your last post and comparing it to my timeline ( in success storys) I can conclude that its the minoxidil that makes you go through ups and downs, i think at some point the minoxidil stabelizes.

The reason why i say this is because i have been off finasteride since summer of 2009, and on ru for 1 year and minoxidil for 14 months, ( been on minoxidil alone for 3 months now), and my hair is KINDA stable but I see it getting thinner, which tells me maybe ru or finasteride was helping ? I still kinda dont know or wanted to find which product was causing my massive sheds every 3 months or so...

im back on finasteride now, been like 2 weeks, i have to tell yah im scared as hell since i did not see any results while on finasteride alone for 7 months back in 09, just a massive Telogen Effluvium reaction that minoxidil saved, so am i hurting more then helping , who knows ?

zb00st

Established Member
Reaction score

well I don't know either :dunno: thats why I stopped finasteride cuz I need to know whats going on with those sheds and those ups and downs. Seems experimenting the only way to understand. I also kind of suspect it could be the minoxidil responsible for this. So that means to me that if I put some retinA in my regimen later and my hair regrows infront that would be the answer.

And about finasteride you can stay on it and check out but you will need to leave it work at least for more than 8 months. The story I found in your topic is pretty much why I wrote this - viewtopic.php?f=30&t=15507&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

That also gives me answer that I couldnt tell if it worked for me because I waited 6 months and got on minoxidil too so :dunno:

zb00st

Established Member
Reaction score

Little update I got back on finasteride a month ago and now I'm on rogaine foam + liquid minoxidil, I use the foam in morning and the liquid stuff in the evening. I'm still waiting for my Retin A so I can start using it with the minoxidil. So I'll keep this updated with some feedback from the regimen :)