Zarev's presentation at the Global Hair Loss Summit 2020

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Excellent video!

Love how clean the whole operation is, no bloody mess anywhere. The patient doesn't even need bandages in the end.

Rolandas

My Regimen
Reaction score
Excellent video!

Love how clean the whole operation is, no bloody mess anywhere. The patient doesn't even need bandages in the end.
Bandages are Turkish thing (especially their head bands lol). I've never seen anyone with bandages outside Turkey and I personally didn't had one too.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Bandages are Turkish thing (especially their head bands lol). I've never seen anyone with bandages outside Turkey and I personally didn't had one too.
Ah for some reason I thought it was more common practice. On some other forums every guy that goes to a Turkish place is wrapped like a mummy afterwards lol.

giegnosiganoe

My Regimen
Reaction score
Definitely impressive how clean it all looks. I didn't quite hear/understand what he said when explaining why that is.

Also in the third video, he uses tweezers to remove the grafts? What happened to suction?

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
LOL, he blurred out his extraction device AND is using tweezers to take out the grafts? What happened to the suction part?

Maybe he changed the original vacuum assisted device, and uses the the vacuum as a substitute to the punch part? I have so many questions!

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also interesting how neither him nor the technicians appear to use magnification throughout the surgery.
This is another thing that I have noticed before which also got me puzzled. Why not use it? I assume it doesn't have downsides.

giegnosiganoe

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is another thing that I have noticed before which also got me puzzled. Why not use it? I assume it doesn't have downsides.
Yeah, I've heard a respected HRN forum member "Gasthoerer" argue that they're not as important as people claim, but I still don't get why one wouldn't use it.

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I've heard a respected HRN forum member "Gasthoerer" argue that they're not as important as people claim, but I still don't get why one wouldn't use it.
Well maybe if they are not necessary then they are not necessary. Maybe they can make the doctor lose the "big picture" of the area of the scalp the doctor is handling.

giegnosiganoe

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well maybe if they are not necessary then they are not necessary. Maybe they can make the doctor lose the "big picture" of the area of the scalp the doctor is handling.
It's possible, I just find it a bit strange when almost all other doctors are using them (I believe?).

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's possible, I just find it a bit strange when almost all other doctors are using them (I believe?).
Straight from his mouth
WhatsApp Image 2021-01-12 at 15.13.18.jpeg

giegnosiganoe

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder if a patient has some higher than average % of miniaturization in in his donor area, then surely magnification would help to select the strongest available grafts?

whatintheworld

Reaction score
LOL, he blurred out his extraction device AND is using tweezers to take out the grafts? What happened to the suction part?

Maybe he changed the original vacuum assisted device, and uses the the vacuum as a substitute to the punch part? I have so many questions!

Maybe the extraction device does the work, and with the grafts already loose, you can just simply pluck them out with tweezers afterwards?

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder if a patient has some higher than average % of miniaturization in in his donor area, then surely magnification would help to select the strongest available grafts?
I guess if his eyes are good enough to do precise thousands of extraction in a single seat, then he can spot if a hair looks strong enough or not.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
If you watch the 3rd video closely, he uses the blurred out extraction/penetration device first, followed by the tweezers. Maybe the tweezers allow him to more cleanly take the graft out once it is already "dislodged".

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe the extraction device does the work, and with the grafts already loose, you can just simply pluck them out with tweezers afterwards?
In that case he would use just enough vacuum to make the grafts loose in the scalp but not enough for the grafts to get sucked in the tubes. So this is a relevant modification in the original device.

Some people say the suction part can harm the graft so that makes sense.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
In that case he would use just enough vacuum to make the grafts loose in the scalp but not enough for the grafts to get sucked in the tubes. So this is a relevant modification in the original device.

Some people say the suction part can harm the graft so that makes sense.

Yes, too much suction can harm the surrounding tissue and the graft itself, I have seen videos and other surgeons mention this.

Rolandas

My Regimen
Reaction score
A recent Konior patient who documented his post op on YouTube had bandages for the first night, so there's that.
to what it's worth, i had a special sheet over my pillow in the first 2 nights :D But in all seriousness my donor healed pretty quickly and looks untouched with no special bandages and "anti-swelling" bands with clinic name on my forehead (free advertisement) :D