Zarev's presentation at the Global Hair Loss Summit 2020

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys, Dr. Zarev is going to give 4 presentations at that Global Hair Loss Summit in December and hopefully will teach us more about his technique and how he achieves his hard to believe results. The summit is going to be virtual this year and the attendee ticket costs 499 bucks.

I'm donating money and helping organizing a small crowdfunding campaign to raise the 499 bucks and "send" YouTuber Mr. Rolandas (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN0LD9DyQeGRci8j5M_qzog) to cover the summit for us and of course get us first hand all the details about Dr. Zarev's presentation.

According to Dr. Zarev's own words:

At the upcoming GHLS 2020 virtual conference, I will show a detailed video of one of my two-day operations. The video shows all stages of a patient’s first operation, in which the surgical plan includes the transplantation of a total of 11,500 grafts.

The goal is to have 10 people contribute with $50.

5 people already committed, so we just need more 5.

The website of the conference: https://www.globalhairloss2020.org

The list of all the doctors presenting: https://f4de85c1-ff41-4c6c-878b-912...d/f2f807_2e2044bad6234898a226bb4b1ac12b19.pdf

Bear in mind that we don't send someone from our own, probably nobody is going to cover Dr. Zarev's presentations so we need to capture that opportunity.

If you can participate please reply this thread or send me a private message. It's just 50 bucks guys and it will help us a lot!

Last edited:

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Who the f*** is Doctor Zaref? Don’t get too excited if it’s the samson 5-6 years away guy who’s not going to be any use to most of us

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Its a sh*t show.

Worst is that PRP is still "relevant" to those doctors, even though it have been shown multiple times not to work.

Would be better if they had some people that actually could do something to move forward instead of the same old.

Also a presentation for finisteride and minoxidil topical.

Where is the quality check and relevance for those conferences

Karl R. Koehler is going to talk about his mouse study at least he is realistic about it in his conclusion in the article and admit there are still a long way to go.

But most of it is going to be talk about already released studies, I don't think there will be anything newer than that, besides som PR talk about peoples study, its far from those money worth.

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Zarev is the closest we have of a cure. I'm very interested in knowing more about his technique because I'm considering an hair transplant with him, and I know that a ton of other people are as well.

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Zarev is the closest we have of a cure. I'm very interested in knowing more about his technique because I'm considering an hair transplant with him, and I know that a ton of other people are as well.

Its not going to be a cure, since your balding won't stop.

Sure a transplant will delay the problem for a time, and then what afterwards?

But if there is a ton of other people then it should be no problem to get those money, I'm almost certain that the conference is a waste of money to be honest.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Who the f*** is Doctor Zaref? Don’t get too excited if it’s the samson 5-6 years away guy who’s not going to be any use to most of us

He's a FUE Doctor with a lot of major restorations on high Norwoods. He uses a different new tool for pulling grafts from the donor.

It's not hair multiplication but it may be some practical progress in the transplant world. He seems to be getting at least 1000-2000 more grafts out of a donor area before it looks visibly depleted.

If he was getting 1-2k extra grafts by using a new wound-healing medication then we would be talking about it on here.

NorwoodGuardian

Established Member
Reaction score
Its not going to be a cure, since your balding won't stop.

Sure a transplant will delay the problem for a time, and then what afterwards?

But if there is a ton of other people then it should be no problem to get those money, I'm almost certain that the conference is a waste of money to be honest.

Hair from back and side is DHT resistant and is supposed to live till we are old?

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair from back and side is DHT resistant and is supposed to live till we are old?

also hair gets thinner with age, so its will look like you are bald on the sides, is that better ?

His procedure is that he can take about 60% of the "healthy" hair. how will that look like when age really kicks in?

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Koehler will not provide anything in the next few years, we probably won't even hear anything new from him

none of those people will.

Its a PR conference for the different studies, and since none of those studies really have hit us, then there isn't too much of the "latest and greatest" to be heard about.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
also hair gets thinner with age, so its will look like you are bald on the sides, is that better ?

His procedure is that he can take about 60% of the "healthy" hair. how will that look like when age really kicks in?

Yes. Many of Zarev's showoff cases look over-harvested IMO.

But I don't think that factor alone can explain it. The quality of the work also seems to be extremely good.

Last edited:

carsonjz

My Regimen
Reaction score
If we donated would we have any say on which panels were attended. There are several restorative presentations here I would be interested in.

Chads don't bald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

By the time I'm an old coot they'll for sure have cured hair loss, so I'm not really worried about that.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
By the time I'm an old coot they'll for sure have cured hair loss, so I'm not really worried about that.

Don't bet the farm on it. There were guys getting aggressive transplants 15 and 20 years ago, assuming that a cure would be here by now.

And if your loss pattern is Norwood#6-7 at a young age then you will probably get worse/earlier donor thinning than average. (Yes, it's that same old principle biting us again: The more you need transplants, the worse of a candidate you usually are for them.)

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone else willing to help? We need only a couple more of $50s to hit the target

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think there's anything special about his technique, he's just a skilled surgeon, and goes outside the safe zone to harvest. That combined with an excellent donor zone and thick, dark hair can work wonders
Well he himself says he developed a different technique. One of the reasons to get access to his demonstrations at this year's GHLS is to verify his claims. According to his words:

"At the upcoming GHLS 2020 virtual conference, I will show a detailed video of one of my two-day operations. The video shows all stages of a patient’s first operation, in which the surgical plan includes the transplantation of a total of 11,500 grafts."

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would say that too if I wanted customers. I use this special technique that nobody else uses. You have to come to me if you want to take advantage of it.
Yea, hopefully not, that's one of the reasons I would love to check his presentations at the forum.

By the way, there is going to be presentation about exosomes + micro needling and other cutting edge stuff. Let me know if you can participate in our little crowdfunding so we can get all that info from the event. Come on man, it's just 50 bucks :)

Last edited:

Felipe302

Established Member
Reaction score
The extraction method he uses is different for sure.

At least the punch size is smaller. I don't think in terms of implantations there is any difference between him and another doctor. But he has found a way to extract more grafts and he is using a different tool to extract the grafts, which causes less trauma. Just look at the post-op pictures of his patients, the scars are way smaller. And even after extracting large amounts of grafts, the donor zone still looks alright.

Reminds me of a doctor that tried to do a similar thing a few years ago by developing a tool named "pilofocus". it never came to light. There was a very annoying dude named Artista in another forum that kept pushing this new tool and promising wonderful things, lol, but just like everything else, it never worked out in the end.

Last edited:

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@coolio look what I've found in another forum. An old patient review (5 years ago) from Dr. Zarev, didn't went good. Looks like the patient had some sort on inflammation in his scalp:

Let's be honest, comparing pics it is obvious a lot of grafts ended up not growing. Maybe his scalp has some sort of a condition and should have been checked by a dermatologist - would explain the redness of the skin.

10th day post op:

View attachment 152368

Almost 4 months post op:View attachment 152369

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think there's anything special about his technique, he's just a skilled surgeon, and goes outside the safe zone to harvest. That combined with an excellent donor zone and thick, dark hair can work wonders
Well there are other well known doctors using the same extraction area as him but only getting half as grafts (6K tops).