your thoughts...my 2 week experience with minoxidil

muii

Established Member
Reaction score
i have added xandrox 5% w alzaiec acid 1ml 2 x a day for 2 weeks and heres what i noticed.

1. face swelling. some water retention all over my body

2. my skin tone in my face changed...porous looking/ older looking "type "...almost like bigger pores to a point

3. under my eyes seemed a little different..more of a tired look ...
(not really bags, but just a tired look)

now im the only one that noticed these things.( no one in my family or friends)..im very meticulous like this...i did a search here and on other forums and i was amazed on the amount of people who had similiar to identical experiences with minoxidil...

lets think about this...we are trying to do what we can to preserve and nourish our youth and looks and at the same time these kind of effects diminish our look and youthful look, to me it doesnt look healthy

some reasons i have stemed away from propecia and dutasteride..is the seuxual side effects, the acne, the weight/fat gain.. i know some people had god experiences but others have not..so at this point im very leary on those 2 drugs

im very fit and train 4-5 x a week (freeweights)
so water retention, and acne to me is very depressing to say the least,,,whats the payoff?
i dropped the xandrox and i emaile dr. lee today regarding these effects , asking him if its the ppg or the alcohol doing this...im sure its the minoxidil.....so i wait his response...
anybody here have these side effects with minoxidil? if so are they ongoing? or do they go away in time?

your thoughts and comments are appreciated

G

VICCI said:
i have added xandrox 5% w alzaiec acid 1ml 2 x a day for 2 weeks and heres what i noticed.

1. face swelling. some water retention all over my body

2. my skin tone in my face changed...porous looking/ older looking "type "...almost like bigger pores to a point

3. under my eyes seemed a little different..more of a tired look ...
(not really bags, but just a tired look)

now im the only one that noticed these things.( no one in my family or friends)..im very meticulous like this...i did a search here and on other forums and i was amazed on the amount of people who had similiar to identical experiences with minoxidil...

lets think about this...we are trying to do what we can to preserve and nourish our youth and looks and at the same time these kind of effects diminish our look and youthful look, to me it doesnt look healthy

some reasons i have stemed away from propecia and dutasteride..is the seuxual side effects, the acne, the weight/fat gain.. i know some people had god experiences but others have not..so at this point im very leary on those 2 drugs

im very fit and train 4-5 x a week (freeweights)
so water retention, and acne to me is very depressing to say the least,,,whats the payoff?
i dropped the xandrox and i emaile dr. lee today regarding these effects , asking him if its the ppg or the alcohol doing this...im sure its the minoxidil.....so i wait his response...
anybody here have these side effects with minoxidil? if so are they ongoing? or do they go away in time?

your thoughts and comments are appreciated
']

Based on my experience with minoxidil, the side effects you mention are possible.

bombscience

Reaction score
I would try not to over analyze the situation just yet. Give it another coupld of weeks to see if this is something that is in your head or something that is an actual side effect from the minoxidil.

NilesTilden

Established Member
Reaction score
I guess if I was a doctor, I'd have to tell you to stop the treatment. However, being a responder to minoxidil myself, and knowing what a great jobby job it can do, there is another approach to try -

There is a chance the sides will diminish on their own, wouldn't count on it though. Some guys with side effects have been able to ease into the treatment slowly. Maybe start with 2% minoxidil once per day, gradually, over a couple months, you slowly raise the dose.

Right now, since you just have 5% xandrox, I'd use it one time every other day for starters. Again, see if you can ease into it.

My opinion ofcourse ain't no substitute for Dr.Lee's.

muii

Established Member
Reaction score
i spoke with dr.lee live today and he told me that the minoxidil could very well do this..rare but it could happen, some people have sensitive skin...im one of them...so i guess im off xandrox...

muii

Established Member
Reaction score
i spoke with dr.lee live today and he told me that the minoxidil could very well do this..rare but it could happen, some people have sensitive skin...im one of them...so i guess im off xandrox...

Bob Booley

Established Member
Reaction score
Vicci, how old are you? All the symptoms you report are also consistent with aging! I too have noticed darker circles under my eyes, older looking type of skin, and certain face swelling- like in the cheek areas just on either side of your nose- you might notice a line forming from the corner of your nose, heading towards the corner of your mouth? The highpoint of my cheekbone is beginning to sag, too

it's called AGING!!! I just turned 29 and man, it is starting to kick in now, I don't think I have much chance of passing for a 24-year old anymore, lol

aging SUCKS, it takes away our youth !!!!!

bombscience

Reaction score
I would say that 50% of my "side effects" have been in my head. I thought I had baggy eyes. Then i realized the fact that I only sleep 5 hours a night might have something to do with it.

Jimmy5000

Reaction score
I had a bad reaction to 5% minoxidil when I first tried it. I was swollen all over my hands and feet and got really sick. I've since tried starting with the 2% and working up to the 5%. Its been working for me thus far.

muii

Established Member
Reaction score
im 31....
i noticed these side effects right when i started the minoxidil....
ive been off it...and they have gone away...
so i dont react well to the minoxidil...