YOUR OPINON COUNTS ON MY SHED PLEASE HELP! - SLIDE ADDED

astral week

Established Member
Reaction score
yes rogaine does cause a shed in some people, but the alternative is waiting much much longer for it to regrow on it's own. Up to a year typically, and sometimes even significantly longer if it's chronic. You have to remember that you have to get rid of the cause, so if you still have stress then this stress is hindering your regrowth. IF you don't even know the cause, then you might as well get on minoxidil while you try to figure out what it is, in my opinion. I've had Telogen Effluvium for about 18 months now, and my stress has lessened to about nothing now, but since it took me forever to sort out the cause, duration, etc of my hairloss, i'm just sick of waiting for it and wanted to do something about it. But i only did this because i am entirely sure that the majority of my hairloss is due to Telogen Effluvium and not male pattern baldness, otherwise i would have not used minoxidil and stuck to finasteride.

Myhair_Matt

Reaction score
astral week said:
yes rogaine does cause a shed in some people, but the alternative is waiting much much longer for it to regrow on it's own. Up to a year typically, and sometimes even significantly longer if it's chronic. You have to remember that you have to get rid of the cause, so if you still have stress then this stress is hindering your regrowth. IF you don't even know the cause, then you might as well get on minoxidil while you try to figure out what it is, in my opinion. I've had Telogen Effluvium for about 18 months now, and my stress has lessened to about nothing now, but since it took me forever to sort out the cause, duration, etc of my hairloss, i'm just sick of waiting for it and wanted to do something about it. But i only did this because i am entirely sure that the majority of my hairloss is due to Telogen Effluvium and not male pattern baldness, otherwise i would have not used minoxidil and stuck to finasteride.

I'm taking everything stressfull out of my life now, moving from my current enviroment and taking some well needed time out to go and live with my folks (how embarrising, just about to turn 30 lol). Changing jobs cause, wait for it, my run of bad luck continues, i was made redundant from my job last week.... suprisingly i took it rather well.

However i think a combination of sickness, to much partying with injuryies and bad eating habbits is most likely to blame perhaps as my skin looks pretty average at the moment, again 6 months ago it was flawless, most people would take me for a 23 year old as apposed to a 29year old. Just got on the MSM hope it works some magic for me :)

Myhair_Matt

Reaction score
TIM for congress. said:
you should get on the foam with me. see how it works out.

I'm keen for the foam, but it would appear it's not sold in Australia unless someone can prove me wrong, which i am more than happy for some one to do :)

As much as it seems like a hopeless case i'm gonna stick it out and hopefully kick this dog shedding!

Good luck, stay strong and fight the power....!

Myhair_Matt

Reaction score
TIM for congress. said:
hey man, look.
i pretty much have the same problem as you, so i'm right on board with ya. i've been shedding nonstop for the past 4 weeks and my hair is noticably thinner. my hair still looks ok, and i cut it short. my Doctor says it'll grow back within the next few months. right now, i'd say your hair looks great. however, if you are a little paranoid, get some Vive for men daily thickening shampoo. thats what i use now to cover the thinning and it works great. and for god's sake. DON'T quit the party scene. stay all over it. thats what keeps me going. i'm also considering starting on rogaine this week because i heard that with Telogen Effluvium, it can make regrowth a bit quicker with the hair you have already shed.

Ahhhh it's ok, no more festivals or big events for a couple of months, it's winter here in Oz, so i can afford to keep it quiet for a bit and go underground :) Feel free to check out some of my slides show party pics at http://www.myspace.com/mattr77 $hit as much as i had alot of down times over the last few months i had some awesome up times too.

At this stage there is some slightly good news, i can see quiet a few fine hairs growing, turning black around the temples again that wern't there before or at least had been missing for a couple of months, nothing out of this world but some signs that hair is regenerating. The shedding also seems to be decreasing, maybe that's just cause i have lost alot of hair prior.... it's tuff at the moment and probably will be for months to come, but at least some good signs are keeping me calm.

Do your research on rogaine (needless to say i'm sure you already have) and make a call on it, the sooner the better, you're young and have the best chances for it to work it's magic, the power is in your hands! Keep in mind that you may possibly shed harder for a bit and you may have to commit to it, but i guess think of it as an investment for the future. For me even if i get a my hair back i will keep going with it as it really doesn't take much time out of my day and i have always been a hair person, maybe that's my downfall.

If i were in the position you're in, which funny or not so funny enough i seem to be (just a little more receding has come my way with age) i would go for it and perhaps add MSM which i have just included last week. Do some research on MSM and again make a call, from what i see alot of people have got some great results even if it didn't grow their hair back in full.

Let me how you go, we must fight the hair gods!

G

yeah man i hear ya. i'm sure it'll pass. rogaine for about a week now and so far so good, nothing too bad. my birthday was last weekend, so i've pretty much been going out every night, so that helps too. over the past 2 weeks of shedding, my hair doesn't really look that different, so i'm really not as worried as i was. i'm thinking it really can't get that much worse before it starts getting better. damn hair gods. i'll fight em to the death. oh and here's my myspace too if you want to check it out. http://www.myspace.com/liltimvarro

Myhair_Matt

Reaction score
TIM for congress. said:
yeah man i hear ya. i'm sure it'll pass. rogaine for about a week now and so far so good, nothing too bad. my birthday was last weekend, so i've pretty much been going out every night, so that helps too. over the past 2 weeks of shedding, my hair doesn't really look that different, so i'm really not as worried as i was. i'm thinking it really can't get that much worse before it starts getting better. damn hair gods. i'll fight em to the death. oh and here's my myspace too if you want to check it out. http://www.myspace.com/liltimvarro

COngrats on the B'day!

If your hair has hit rockbottom, then there is only one way to go... upwards and onwards!

Ordered myself some foam from the states, see if i can get it into the country with no probs.... if it's a goer, could be a good money maker $$$$$$$$$$$$$ hahahaha

G

awesome. let me know how that turns out. i've been on mine for like a week and a half and nothings changed. still shedding at the same pace and stuff, which isn't horrible, but i'd like to have my hair long again. and wow. crazy weekend i had.