Your Most Embarrassing Or Hurtful Balding Moment To Date

Emu

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, I have many to choose from but the one that really hurt and embarrassed me the most still hursts me to this day and it happened about 8 years ago.

So I was thinking of attending a high school reunion but wasn’t 100 percent keen until a good mate convinced me to attend. Anyway I went along and it was good everything was going well catching up with old school buddies and speaking with lots of girls from my school years..

It was a packed out venu and standing room only,anyway there was a particular girl I dated for a brief time in school and I was really looking forward to seeing Her at the reunion. After a few drinks I plucked up the courage to go and talk to her and a few other good looking girls from my old class..

Everyone was fine she was laughing talking there was about 6 people in the group when out of the blue came a really drunk bloke from my old class and he stands right in the middle of the group next to my childhood sweetheart and says “Have I told you that I use spray on hair to hide my bald spots” (I had been wearing a small amount of Toppik at the time).

I was shattered and ran to the toilets and sat in there for about 20 minutes I was just dying with embarrassment and couldn’t face anyone for the rest of the night. I remember people laughing at his comment so they maybe knew I was trying to cover up thinning hair. I tell you I was so upset that night especially my old school sweetheart heard the comment was what hurt the most..

What about you guys any hurtful moments or embarrassing?

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, I have many to choose from but the one that really hurt and embarrassed me the most still hursts me to this day and it happened about 8 years ago.

So I was thinking of attending a high school reunion but wasn’t 100 percent keen until a good mate convinced me to attend. Anyway I went along and it was good everything was going well catching up with old school buddies and speaking with lots of girls from my school years..

It was a packed out venu and standing room only,anyway there was a particular girl I dated for a brief time in school and I was really looking forward to seeing Her at the reunion. After a few drinks I plucked up the courage to go and talk to her and a few other good looking girls from my old class..

Everyone was fine she was laughing talking there was about 6 people in the group when out of the blue came a really drunk bloke from my old class and he stands right in the middle of the group next to my childhood sweetheart and says “Have I told you that I use spray on hair to hide my bald spots” (I had been wearing a small amount of Toppik at the time).

I was shattered and ran to the toilets and sat in there for about 20 minutes I was just dying with embarrassment and couldn’t face anyone for the rest of the night. I remember people laughing at his comment so they maybe knew I was trying to cover up thinning hair. I tell you I was so upset that night especially my old school sweetheart heard the comment was what hurt the most..

If the comment was aimed at you then that's brutal.

I hope the drunk guy gets his comeuppance.

The worst I've ever had is girls I'm dating telling me they wouldn't date a bald guy (in fairness they were in their early 20s)

blackg

Reaction score

This story is a little ambiguous to be honest.
So this obnoxious drunk dude stands in the middle of the group then says (to your sweetheart or to the group in general?);

"Have I (himself) told you that I use spray-on hair to hide..."

Could this guy be making a light hearted jab at his own insecurities perhaps?

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
This story is a little ambiguous to be honest.
So this obnoxious drunk dude stands in the middle of the group then says (to your sweetheart or to the group in general?);

"Have I (himself) told you that I use spray-on hair to hide..."

Could this guy be making a light hearted jab at his own insecurities perhaps?

I didn't get it as well.

sadila

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I remember people laughing at his comment so they maybe knew I was trying to cover up thinning hair. I tell you I was so upset that night especially my old school sweetheart heard the comment was what hurt the most..
So what ? how is it embarassing if you use toppik ?

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
So what ? how is it embarassing if you use toppik ?
In the same way most people wouldn't want their wig or their hair transplant pointing out.

I know I wouldn't like it if someone pointed it out.

I've told people I use a thickening hair product, but I left it at that.

Patrick_Bateman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It would be cool to see how @Emu ‘s situation played out in an alternative reality where he didn’t run to the toilets. What would happen if he said something like: It’s true, I do use products that make my hair appear thicker. Why do you feel the need to tell everyone that?

Fkdup

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
6,7 years back I used to be 7/10 guy with fkin low confidence but dont know why I used to get attention from girls that were way out of my league.
Anyway I lost massive amount of hair and due to some reason I had to shift some different city and I always used to wear hat to cover my nw3 hair. Met a bful 19/20 year old bful girl in the park and she was sweet n shy but open enough to say that we should go to have a drink or movie but I always used to make excuse or refuse in friendly way (Not only was nw3 but Damn I was near 30 too)
The girl was not a problem but her mother was. She was bloody desperate to hook her girl with me. "Do u think she will look pretty in that dress?" "You must have seen her yesterday she was looking like an angel" "why don't u take her on a date?" Etc etc. Damn I used to feel so pressured all the time.
Once I had to go for an job interview, Had to ditch my hat. As soon as I got out my building I saw mom nd daughter. looking at me with incredulous eyes. I was in a real hurry so I did not acknowledge them (or may be this is what I told myself.)
Met the mother daughter around 7,8 days later in a pizza corner. Mother was cursing luck for my baldness that I don't deserve this, how cud stars be so cruel to me blah blah. While the girl was scolding her mom wtf she is doing. It was so embarrassing. Kind of out of body experience . like I m not there or like I m sitting at different table and watching some guy hearing all this sh*t.

Interestingly the girl started to like me even more. May be because I was kind to her before when I refused to go with her on date I used to say that I would b really lucky to have a gf like u but there are things that u don't know and that she deserve better.

Fkdup

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If anyone want to know what happen between me and girlafterwards? Well Propecia happened :mad:. Baldness kills u in more ways than final destination franchise.

This was the incident that really pushed me for propecia.( one of biggest mistake of my life . just took it for 1 year but still not 100% recovered) Hope it ll work for you guys without side effects.

shookwun

Reaction score
nothing happened, because I never had the courage to date women while balding.

Most that ever came into the picture was one night stands, random make outs.

At least you all had courage to deal with your inferiority head on. I was willing to opress myself of sexual desire due to my hair alone.

Dontwannabeabetabob

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It was January 2016, new year new me. Feeling great at the bar with some old bros and Stacies from high school. I'm wasted and kicking *** at pool. You know those bright f*****g lights they put above pool tables? Well, that fucked me. As loud as my "friend" could, he announced to The whole bar that I was going bald. I shook it off as a suave brah and continued to slay in pool (didn't slay pussy because at this moment I was known as the bald guy), though this comment played over and over in my head the rest of the night, weeks, months...Until I finally got out of the denial stage and did something about my hair. I'll never go back to that bar or see those people ever again. I have a new identity now and I can't go back to what I used to be.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Once a girlfriend asked candidly to me (I can assure she was in love)
"Why don't you cut your hair shorter? In the rain or wet weather, that hair looks even _ridiculous_"

FML

BTW: she was even right

blackg

Reaction score
It was January 2016, new year new me. Feeling great at the bar with some old bros and Stacies from high school. I'm wasted and kicking *** at pool. You know those bright f*****g lights they put above pool tables? Well, that fucked me. As loud as my "friend" could, he announced to The whole bar that I was going bald. I shook it off as a suave brah and continued to slay in pool (didn't slay pussy because at this moment I was known as the bald guy), though this comment played over and over in my head the rest of the night, weeks, months...Until I finally got out of the denial stage and did something about my hair. I'll never go back to that bar or see those people ever again. I have a new identity now and I can't go back to what I used to be.
You sound like my type of man. Drinking in bars and and playing pool.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't think of one moment that was most embarrassing. It was just becoming a part of my identity, being called out on a regular basis in the group I hung around for my thinning hair

Since I now live in a different state and got on medication it has not happened again, although when talk goes to hair I often find myself feeling anxious there might be a norwood spotter there who will say something about mine

blackg

Reaction score
For me that's easy, people on this forum have read it many times:

I'm at a bar with a friend, some British guy comes to me and tries to intimidate me, but I don't bulge. My friend and I get up to go to another bar and the guy who took the piss at me shouts:

"f*****g snob!"

And then he and his four friends start jumping and singing: "HE HAS NO HAIIIR, HE HAS NO HAIIIR!" The whole bar is staring at me as I awkwardly walk out.

Surreal, to this day, I cannot imagine this happen with any other flaw. Suffering from baldness at a young age is something else.
Those British guys are a worry. An American or an Australian would never call you out like this.

SteveTabernack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
nothing happened, because I never had the courage to date women while balding.

Most that ever came into the picture was one night stands, random make outs.

At least you all had courage to deal with your inferiority head on. I was willing to opress myself of sexual desire due to my hair alone.

Oh how I relate to this very much right now.

(Warning: slayer talk incomming)

Somehow, against all odds, I've started seeing this adorable hottie I picked up at a bar running cap game. Usually it's nothing but occasional one night stands for me. By now she has seen me plenty without the hat (met up three more times so far) and still appears to be very keen which is incomprehensible to me. Yet, every time I'm worried she will see through the charade and realise what a baldie I truly am. The anxiety is dreadful.

I know if she were to call it off, in my mind it would absolutely be due hair, which would f*****g wreck me. Hence, I'm contemplating whether it's not better for me to just break it off. Stick to quick hook-ups. A more secure option for my mental health.

Is it possible to have meaningful relationships when you're in Norwood penitentiary?

g.i joey

Reaction score
Somehow, against all odds, I've started seeing this adorable hottie I picked up at a bar running cap game. Usually it's nothing but occasional one night stands for me. By now she has seen me plenty without the hat (met up three more times so far) and still appears to be very keen which is incomprehensible to me. Yet, every time I'm worried she will see through the charade and realise what a baldie I truly am. The anxiety is dreadful.

I know if she were to call it off, in my mind it would absolutely be due hair, which would f*****g wreck me. Hence, I'm contemplating whether it's not better for me to just break it off. Stick to quick hook-ups. A more secure option for my mental health.

Is it possible to have meaningful relationships when you're in Norwood penitentiary?

Bro, believe me, she sees your hair, she knows what it is. She has decided to overlook it so honestly, just go with the flow. I ruined one of the best relationships i had due to hairloss, probably the most loyal girl i ever dated and i broke it off with her because i hated thinking about the future we had together and always envisioning it with me bald.

If she has seen you 3 times in different lightings she knows whats up... you can always run hook up game if she dumps you, but if i were you id go with the flow... Literally the worst thing that can happen is youre back to square one and single. I say go for it man