Your Feedback About Minoxidil (2 Years Or More)

Salm77

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking for people who have been taking Minoxidil for 2 years or more. But only Minoxidil, no other treatment with. So those who started with Minoxidil for several years or who took it for several years before stopping can answer the subject.

Some doctors say that taking Minoxidil early can stop the hair loss and remain stable for life. Never again know about hair loss, stay as you were.

But I do not understand. I do not understand because on the forums, the opinions that I could see have nothing to do with what the doctor says. And also because if the Minoxidil was enough to eradicate the hair loss, why there would be so many people on the forums

Is it because Minoxidil was taken too late by the majority of people?

I am looking for feedback because I have not been able to do enough research on the minoxidil, but also for other people whose questions come back often and can be helped by this topic.

So in the form, but not necessarily, it's just an example, free to you:

Treatment time : 2 years, 4 years, 5 years ...
Norwood at the time of taking : None or 2 or 3 or 4 ...
Type : Foam or Liquid
Number of applications per day : Only 1 or 2
Shedding at the beginning of treatment : Important / medium / very light / none
Disadvantages and Benefits You've Encountered : Greasy Hair ? looks like straw? Dry & Brittle ?
In the long run: Less result / more result / constant result
Result : Stabilization of the hair loss / Degradation, Deterioration of the hair loss or other
Observations : If it had to be redone ? / Minoxidil alone was able to overcome your fall ?
Personal advice : Free party, what you want to say about treatment, your hair loss etc.

You can see my question at the top and answer it here, too.

Some doctors say that taking Minoxidil early can stop the hair loss and remain stable for life. Never again know about hair loss, stay as such.

But I do not understand. I do not understand because on the forums, the opinions that I could see have nothing to do with what the doctor says. And also because if the Minoxidil was enough to eradicate the hair loss, why there would be so many people on the forums

Is it because Minoxidil was taken too late by the majority of people?

Thank you,
Good day

Last edited:

Smith93

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good topic interested to see peoples comments. I can't commet myself as i have only been using it for 2 months.

Salm77

My Regimen
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I think we will not have an answer. And anyway there are opinions only when the treatments do not work well or side effect.

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have used minoxidil with with nizoral shampoo for over five years. when I started minoxidil I had lost almost everything on top.

After four months of minoxidil I had a full head of hair. After a year or two I started losing hair again and by year five I was around back to how I was when I started.

So what this means from my personal experience, is that minoxidil does lose effectiveness over time as it does not deal with the main Hormonal causes of hair loss. My personal experience also agrees with studies done by Olsen in the nineties where people who used minoxidil were back to baseline after five years.

Does this mean everyone will be back at baseline at year five? No, as everyone is different there will be people, especially people with less severe hair loss who can maintain hair on minoxidil for years and years.

Generally however, it can be said that unless minoxidil is combined with finasteride, hair loss will likely resume after a certain time.

HLV

Salm77

My Regimen
Reaction score
As I stated in another topic, you do not take the problem in a good way, it's not the minoxidil that has lost its effect over time, it's just that you took the treatment too late .

You say it in your message, you lost everything at the top when you start the treatment. 5 or 4 years if you are supposed to become bald in 1 year is already good.

Even people who are not predisposed to baldness, have less hair. At 70, it's even more true. So if your hair cycle is already finished, the Minoxidil will not save you 10 years, it is for those who have a hair cycle still high before them.

The majority of people take the treatments too late and is surprised that it does not work while it is well stipulated that the more you take early, the more you increase your chances of success and you keep your hair long and even a life.

Thank you for your answer

Last edited:

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Salm77,

Thank you for your answer. There are some points in your posts that I do not agree with, however I appreciate your input.

Best regards,

HLV