your face/body changing with age

king-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
im 21 and i was just looking at old pics of me on my comp from when i was 16 - 19 years old and i realized for the past 2 years my face has gotten wider? or i guess i could i got chubby cheeks now compared to before i had a well skinny face where you could see my bone structure.................and i know its not because i got fat or w.e because im still a skinny guy and always was so im guessing this happens to some people while you age?

barcafan

Reaction score
those drugs can present the side effects you're talking about.

wider face might = bloat bro

king-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
barcafan said:
those drugs can present the side effects you're talking about.

wider face might = bloat bro

noooo i just started treaments 3 months ago , i been like this for the past 2 years slowly , i seen people go through the same thing its part of growing up

ali777

Reaction score
You are becoming a man bro...

What you are experiencing is very normal. Welcome to the world. The 20s aren't that good. People keep saying the teens are the confusing times, but the 20s aren't much better.

20s are about making mistakes and finding what you want from life. You are a man now, and you will make plenty of mistakes, take the positives and move on.

I'm not sure if you watch soccer? Christiano Ronaldo's shoulders used to be very narrow until he was 21-22. His shoulders really changed in the last year or two. That's what happens to a man's body in his 20s.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
ali777 said:
I'm not sure if you watch soccer? Christiano Ronaldo's shoulders used to be very narrow until he was 21-22. His shoulders really changed in the last year or two. That's what happens to a man's body in his 20s.

It's actually Cristiano, not Christiano. Anyway... gym probably doesn't have anything to do with his widened shoulders?

ali777

Reaction score
ghg said:
ali777 said:

gym probably doesn't have anything to do with his widened shoulders?

Of course it does... But you can't ignore the effects of becoming a man.

My point is that the male body keeps changing until the early 20s. The OP is comparing pics of 16-19 to when he's 21, a body change at that time is very normal. Unless the person has some sort of body image issues, the changes shouldn't really matter. I never paid attention to my appearance until 2 years ago, and I'm 100% aware of the fact that I pay attention to my body because I'm not totally happy with myself, ie, it's in my head.

I didn't used to have too much body hair until I was 25-26. When I look at my teen pics I can see that I had larger breasts. I think many men in their teens have the gyno effect from the puberty, which eventually goes away. The body keeps changing....

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
So the, is it good to be taking finasteride in you early 20s?

I've been taking it since age 19, I just turned 21 today and my biggest concern has always been, not the sides, but that my body wont develop as much.

Im scared that I will miss growth, downstairs as well as my whole body.

Anyone any thoughts?

barcafan

Reaction score
ali777 said:
You are becoming a man bro...

What you are experiencing is very normal. Welcome to the world. The 20s aren't that good. People keep saying the teens are the confusing times, but the 20s aren't much better.

20s are about making mistakes and finding what you want from life. You are a man now, and you will make plenty of mistakes, take the positives and move on.

I hope that's what happens to my shoulders.

CCS

Reaction score
Many people get wider faces as they age. I've seen this many times, many models, even myself. I actually think a thinner face looks better. My guess is growth hormone slowly grows your face bones with age. It is not just in your twenties, but your whole life. But it does not happen to much to everyone. Just some people are more pronounced. My face still looks good, but would look better if it were 1/4 or 1/2 inch thinner. I'm not sweating it.

Possible solution: workout enough that your muscles use up all the IGF1 before it goes to your head or your gut. And don't inject that stuff, at least not long or in high amounts.

Might be something else though. But what do you know that grows bones? Definitely bone growth here.

ali777

Reaction score
CCS said:
My face still looks good, but would look better if it were 1/4 or 1/2 inch thinner. I'm not sweating it.

Classic!!

I'm not sure how to interpret this. There is a tone of positivity there, and a bit of negativity.

Maybe CCS has seen the light at the end of the tunnel?

ali777

Reaction score
ryan r said:

I've been taking it since age 19, I just turned 21 today and my biggest concern has always been, not the sides, but that my body wont develop as much.

Anyone any thoughts?

Happy Birthday :pint: :gay2: :band:

I can't believe no one congratulated your birthday :)

On the hormones part... I really don't know, you should ask a professional.

Some people develop very quickly and the development stops very early, some continue growing into their 20s. So, it's hard to tell.

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
ali777 said:
ryan r said:

Anyone any thoughts?

Happy Birthday :pint: :gay2: :band:

I can't believe no one congratulated your birthday :)

On the hormones part... I really don't know, you should ask a professional.

Some people develop very quickly and the development stops very early, some continue growing into their 20s. So, it's hard to tell.

Thank you... :)

Well I think I belong to the last categorie.

However, finasteride has been approved from age 18, so I should tell myself that theres nothing to worry about.