Your Best Tips For Getting A Longer Bond?

Mystery411

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So, mine starts to break down on day 10. By day 12 or 13, I wake up with the unit sliding up a bit on the back (I guess pressure from the silk-covered pillow). It’s not the end of the world, since I sleep alone. However, it would be nice to at least get a decent 2 week hold. I use walker no shine tape and pro labs no sweat scalp anti perspirant. Worst case Scenario, I’ll just rebond every week, instead of every other week.

JohnathonNY

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I usually do a complete detachment-reattachment every 7-10 days so I think your right in the norm for bonding. I use tape, but I glue the front of my hair system. Since I only use glue in the front, I can easily reglue the hairline without a complete removal and extend longevitity to 14-15 days.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I rebond every week, it's just my body chemistry.

1. Proper scalp prep, including scalp protector is a must.

2. Do not get the system wet or exercise within the first 12-24 hours after a bond.

3. Maybe the no-shine isn't strong enough, try the Ultra-hold tape (it's also low shine).

Steve

ChromeyFirefox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You should look up the pro hair labs 'science or full head bonding' or whatever it is.

The argue that alcohol, c22 etc cause issues on your scalp. They strip you of oils and are harsh, and you will have a rebalance which may cause extra oil and such to be secreted in your scalp.

How true this all is I do not know. I just know that skincare folk insist that if you're prone to an oily face then maybe harsh and oil stripping face washes may cause you to over produce oil there.

Also a common thing is that people hear not to sweat or get it wet for the first 24 hours. They clarified that includes showering at all because that will still cause temperature changes and such.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
You should look up the pro hair labs 'science or full head bonding' or whatever it is.

The argue that alcohol, c22 etc cause issues on your scalp. They strip you of oils and are harsh, and you will have a rebalance which may cause extra oil and such to be secreted in your scalp.

How true this all is I do not know. I just know that skincare folk insist that if you're prone to an oily face then maybe harsh and oil stripping face washes may cause you to over produce oil there.

Also a common thing is that people hear not to sweat or get it wet for the first 24 hours. They clarified that includes showering at all because that will still cause temperature changes and such.

I saw that too, and with all due respect, Mr. Margolin is NOT a doctor, he is an Online Digital Marketing Consultant... he also runs ProHair Labs.

1. C22 is not for scalp use, that is true.

2. The alcohol on your skin claim is nonsense. Washing your skin with soap and water also strips it of oil. And I don't by the rebalance claim at all.

3. "I just know that skincare folk insist that if you're prone to an oily face then maybe harsh and oil stripping face washes may cause you to over produce oil there", really? Do you have a link to that?

4. If you take a steam shower, yes. A just warm enough shower, especially in summer, won't affect the bond.

Mystery411

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh, I use c22 on my scalp to loosen up the gunk and then just comb it, along with the residue, out. I then use dawn to get rid of the greasy feel. So this is bad?

Thanks for all of the info, btw.

Mystery411

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, what would the c22 be used for then? I just use 99% alcohol/dawn to remove the tape from the lace.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh, I use c22 on my scalp to loosen up the gunk and then just comb it, along with
Oh, I use c22 on my scalp to loosen up the gunk and then just comb it, along with the residue, out. I then use dawn to get rid of the greasy feel. So this is bad?

residue, out. I then use dawn to get rid of the greasy feel. So this is bad?

I always use alcohol to remove the system, and then clean the scalp. If there is any hard to remove adhesive, I follow up with some hair conditioner, this softens the adhesive, and I wipe it off after a few minutes.

C-22 is best for getting stubborn adhesive off poly, or stuck deep in the lace.

Cotton balls are best for getting glue off the lace as the first try.

Mystery411

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I always use alcohol to remove the system, and then clean the scalp. If there is any hard to remove adhesive, I follow up with some hair conditioner, this softens the adhesive, and I wipe it off after a few minutes.

C-22 is best for getting stubborn adhesive off poly, or stuck deep in the lace.

Cotton balls are best for getting glue off the lace as the first try.
Thanks bro!

Fanjeera

Reaction score
C22 is just poisonous. It will absorb through the skin. It's a strong solvent based on naphtha or something similar.

I get a super strong hold when I put on 4 layers of Ghostbond Platinum and on top of that blue tape. Even after 4 weeks difficult to remove. Probably good for 5--6 weeks.