your advice is needed

ehudal

Reaction score
Hi There,

I am considering a hairloss treatment,and wanted you guys to give your opinion on my situation and if possible,offer the treatment that you think is best for me...

Im currently 22 years old,and about 5 years ago i had a period of about a year where i was losing hair and shedding,and after that year it pretty much stopped,but have still left little bald spots/thinning in the front area of my scalp...

Now i wanted to know if there is any treatment to regrow part/all of that hair? from browsing through the forums it seems that minxoi should be my choice,am i right? what are it's side effects? any other treatments that i should consider?

Thanks,

Ehud

DonaldAnderson

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm still kid of a newbie but minoxidil is definitely a start in the right direction. You should also try a dht inhibitor or anti-androgen like spironolactone or propecia to make sure hairloss has stopped if u have male pattern baldness.
BUMP.

ehudal

Reaction score
Should i still take propecia even if for the last couple of years my hair hasnt gotten worse?

SE-freak

Reaction score
ehudal said:
Should i still take propecia even if for the last couple of years my hair hasnt gotten worse?

This is an issue. I have been stable, or very slowly deteriorating during the last years. (I might too have experienced some bursts of extreme shedding, cant be sure)

For some people hairloss is not a continuous process but comes in waves. If you are one of those people and you are not satisfied by your present condition, my suggestion (emphasis on suggestion as you could possibly but very doubtfully stabilize there) would be not to risk a further wave of progression.

DHT inhibition is the foundation of every regimen as stimulants lead to growth without preventing further damage.My guess (and hope as I experience very slow progression myself), is that you can easily turn this thing in favour of you with a dht inhibitor as the tendency to bald seems to be weak.

Considering drugs should be a sober decision in every case, but if you are not satisfied by your present condition, definately include dht inhibition.