Younger Guy With A Nicely Designed Hair System

Noah

Reaction score
For anyone on the fence about trying a hair system, here is an interesting video of a younger guy who has recently tried one and is happy with it. I wouldn't say it was the best quality system ever (in particular the parting could be better), but it has been designed and cut in with good taste and judgement, and gives you a realistic impression of what is achievable. It's interesting to hear his account of his thoughts and emotions before and after the transition, and the reactions of other people. He comes across as very frank and likeable.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I like that the hairline is not too aggressive... the color match is excellent. The parting... is a giveaway, for me. at leat. He needs to transition to a more modern hairstyle, at some point.

Loving his confidence.

jabberwocky

My Regimen
Reaction score
Such a great video, thanks for sharing! Love the upbeat attitude. I hope we get more YT channels and videos like these in the future.

Hair56

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yh it really is great to see how much more confident he is! Perfect starting point for the transition and then in a few months can go for a longer style. Also refreshing to see different styles like this as opposed to the pompadour looks.

Braf

My Regimen
Reaction score
It is starting to really hit the younger crowd.

Jake Kent is a great guy. Get to know him. He is the youtuber interviewing here. .

new2this

My Regimen
Reaction score
As a fellow young wearer (23 years old) I felt like I should drop some pics to show that if anything, its even easier as a young person to achieve a natural look and a fresh cut. This is my current system, pics are from about two months ago but its grown in great! The undercut look is in for young people especially, so its easier than ever to pull this stuff off. Sorry for the blurry pics, they are screenshots from a video

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-04 at 5.20.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-04 at 5.20.58 PM.png
    597.6 KB · Views: 488
  • Screen Shot 2020-04-04 at 5.20.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-04 at 5.20.10 PM.png
    761.3 KB · Views: 435
  • Screen Shot 2020-04-04 at 5.20.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-04 at 5.20.21 PM.png
    716.2 KB · Views: 449
  • Screen Shot 2020-04-04 at 5.20.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-04 at 5.20.36 PM.png
    559 KB · Views: 499

Fanjeera

Reaction score
I like that the hairline is not too aggressive... the color match is excellent. The parting... is a giveaway, for me. at leat. He needs to transition to a more modern hairstyle, at some point.

Loving his confidence.
What would a more modern parting look like?

Thanks!

Braf

My Regimen
Reaction score
As a fellow young wearer (23 years old) I felt like I should drop some pics to show that if anything, its even easier as a young person to achieve a natural look and a fresh cut. This is my current system, pics are from about two months ago but its grown in great! The undercut look is in for young people especially, so its easier than ever to pull this stuff off. Sorry for the blurry pics, they are screenshots from a video

I HAD THIS EXACT HAIRCUT WHEN I WAS IN ITALY AND GOT LAID MULTIPLE TIMES.

THIS IS A GREAT f*****g OPTION!!

instagram.com/blueeyedcowboi

Go to my instagram to see the hairpiece in videos!!

Noah

Reaction score
What would a more modern parting look like?

Thanks!

Yes, the problem with the parting is (a) the way the hair on either side of the parting emerges from the scalp - it's too flat, like it has been slicked down; and (b) the fact there is no gap between the hair on one side of the parting and the other. This is what a natural head of hair with a parting looks like. The hair emerges at an angle, and there is a visible gap. If you want a parting it is far better to incorporate it into the design of your piece (a custom one of course). The visual result doing it that way is far better.

F339AD00-3763-4F69-A215-18BD0AFEBA46-1956-0000023ACC401877.jpg

Having said all that, these are geeky perfectionist tweaks. The young guy's system looks good in the round, and definitely really enhances his appearance.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Yes, the problem with the parting is (a) the way the hair on either side of the parting emerges from the scalp - it's too flat, like it has been slicked down; and (b) the fact there is no gap between the hair on one side of the parting and the other. This is what a natural head of hair with a parting looks like. The hair emerges at an angle, and there is a visible gap. If you want a parting it is far better to incorporate it into the design of your piece (a custom one of course). The visual result doing it that way is far better.

View attachment 142586

Having said all that, these are geeky perfectionist tweaks. The young guy's system looks good in the round, and definitely really enhances his appearance.
Damn, this is something I've paid no attention to before. You describe exactly my parting. I will try to style my hair with no parting at all. Thank you!

Maybe there's something the hairdresser could do to make it better? Wouldn't like to add any specifications for the factory.

Manny007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

spot on trendy hair style looks really good

Mystery411

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is starting to really hit the younger crowd.

Jake Kent is a great guy. Get to know him. He is the youtuber interviewing here. .

yeah, I spoke to Jake a month ago, directly, giving him props on his content. I hope his channel takes off. He truly tells it like it is, especially the emotional impact of getting a unit.

Mystery411

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
wow!! Your unit looks fantastic!

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Why wouldn't you add it to your specifications?
Because maybe I want to change the side or lose it completely sometimes. Though I guess that would be possible even with that? What exactly do they do to achieve the parting?

new2this

My Regimen
Reaction score
I HAD THIS EXACT HAIRCUT WHEN I WAS IN ITALY AND GOT LAID MULTIPLE TIMES.

THIS IS A GREAT f*****g OPTION!!

instagram.com/blueeyedcowboi

Go to my instagram to see the hairpiece in videos!!

The IG page isn’t working but I’d like to see the vids if possible. I’ll PM you

Fanjeera

Reaction score

View attachment 142586

Do you think parting adds to the realistic look of a hair system? Is it better to have it or not? I guess it's the safest way to show scalp.