young guy starting to lose hair around temples - need advice

Jonas

Reaction score
What happened to me was I lost the better parts of my temple hair when I was just turning 18. I'm nearly 20 now and the temple recession has continued but slowed now. I am using no treatments of any kind.

Jack_the_Lad

Established Member
Reaction score
OK lets start,

first of all just about everybody's hairline goes back a bit when they are in their teens even girls. This is due to hormonal changes in the body.

secound: The hair on your head is programmed to fall out at different stages in your life due to male pattern baldness. male pattern baldness can come and go in spurts or happen very gradually, it's to do with the way your genetic makeup.

thirdly: male pattern baldness is by far the most common form of hairloss in men(over 95% of cases) and with a near certainty I would say that this is what you have. The most common patterns of male pattern baldness hairloss is on the crown, temples or both at once. I first noticed hairloss on the crown when I was 25, it wasn't noticable , only under close examination of my own eye so I let it go thinking it would be years before it set in properly. In the space of three years my crown has become noticable and over the last few moths my temples are starting to go also.

There's lots of places to buy Finasteride, but I'm not going to push any of them, I'd suggest reading the thread on propceia and then draw your own conclusions.

G

3 Steps so far:

1) Bought and am using rogaine. I HATE THE OILY NASTINESS. It makes my hairline look as bad as it possibly can, during and after the time it's applied (for hours)

2) Ordered generic proscar.

3) Already bought T-Gel. Going to Walgreen's tomorrow for nizoral shampoo!

I am confident now. My girlfriend thinks I'm losing sanity, not hair, but I'm not sure what to think about that.