You'll Love This

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diamond Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
Look what a little Googling can find:
http://hairloss.about.com/b/a/256101.htm

Most commercial shampoos contain formaldehyde as a preservative. To disguise the presence of formaldehyde it is listed in the ingredients as Quanternium-15. This substance can be carcinogenic (cancer-causing) and poisonous to the entire system.

Unfortunately for those who suffer with dandruff, anti-dandruff shampoos are some of the most dangerous shampoos on the market. Selenium sulfide is the main ingredient in most dandruff shampoos, a substance that has shown to cause degeneration of the liver. Other toxic chemicals such as polyvinyl pyrrlidone plastic (PVP), which is a proven carcinogenic, and creosol which has been proven to be highly toxic are commonly found in dandruff shampoos

Keep ignoring me and CIG at your own peril....

beaner

Reaction score
I didn't find Quanternium 15 listed as an ingredient in any of 6 different shampoos I have laying around. If it was in most, I think I'd have found it in at least one.

wookster

Experienced Member
Reaction score
:freaked: :freaked: :freaked:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quaternium-15

Quaternium-15 is a preservative found in many cosmetics and industrial substances that releases formaldehyde. It can be found in numerous sources, including but not limited to: mascara, eyeliner, moisturizer, lotion, shampoo, conditioner, nail polish, personal lubricants, soaps, body wash, baby lotion or shampoo, facial cleanser, tanning oil, self-tanning cream, sunscreen, powder, shaving products, ointments, personal wipes or cleansers, wipes, paper, inks, paints, polishes, waxes and industrial lubricants. It can cause contact dermatitis, a symptom of an allergic reaction, especially in those with sensitive skin, on an infant's skin, or on sensitive areas such as the genitals.

Its chemical formula is C9H16Cl2N4. It can be found under a variety of names, including: Dowicil 75; Dowicil 100; Dowco 184; Dowicide Q; 1-(3-Chloroallyl)-3,5,7-triaza-1-azoniaadamantane chloride; N-(3-chloroallyl) hexaminium chloride; hexamethylenetetramine chloroallyl chloride; 3,5,7-Triaza-1-azoniaadamantane; 1-(3-chloroallyl)-chloride.

[...]

Formaldehyde-releasing

Other formaldehyde-releasing preservatives similar to quaternium-15 include: imidazolidinyl urea (Germall®), diazolidinyl urea (Germall II®), DMDM hydantoin (Glydant®), bromonitropropane diol (Bronopol™), tris(hydroxymethyl) nitromethane (Tris Nitro®), and sodium hydroxymethylglycinate.

Diamond Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
beaner said:
I didn't find Quanternium 15 listed as an ingredient in any of 6 different shampoos I have laying around. If it was in most, I think I'd have found it in at least one.

Did you check Nizoral for it?

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
wow thanks for the info thank god i havent been using shampoos for the last 5 years(ive been buzzing my hair ever since)
i wonder why ive lost so much hair though ive heard a theory about falling asleep in buses you should look it up diamond dave

docj077

Reaction score
Again, if you have hair loss secondary to shampoo application the cause is dermatitis secondary to an allergic reaction to chemicals in the shampoo. The cause IS NOT cumulative damage.

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Davey, virtually everything is carcinogenic at high enough doses. what is the carcinogenic dose of quaternium 15 and what is the average dose of quaternium 15 in shampoo?

Diamond Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
global said:
Davey, virtually everything is carcinogenic at high enough doses. what is the carcinogenic dose of quaternium 15 and what is the average dose of quaternium 15 in shampoo?

I have no idea....I'm not a shampooer remember and that is one of the reasons why.

beaner

Reaction score
Diamond Dave said:
beaner said:

Did you check Nizoral for it?

I don't use Nizoral.

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Diamond Dave said:
global said:

I have no idea....I'm not a shampooer remember and that is one of the reasons why.

Davey isn't it true that you are indeed a shampooer but you do it clandestinely so as to not shatter Cutsingerspoodles illusions.

What would happen to his mental state if he found out that you really use shampoo to keep your flowing 80's locks in good condition.

Does he know you also use 5AR inhibitors? or should we keep that a secret? I wouldn't want to upset him.

Status
Not open for further replies.