You know what sucks?

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Yeah, my dad still has all his hair. When he sees me upset, like that one time I came back from Quizno's when I lit that napkin on fire and threw it on these jerks table, he was like, what's wrong? I tried to explain to him how hard it is to be bald and he just didn't get it. Don't worry about it...who cares what other people think anyway, he told me. Maybe I'm just sensitive, but I think most people would feel exactly the way I feel if they were to experience it themselves for as long as I have...including my father.

WTF???
I missed that story.
Seems like UMan would be a great guy to hang out with. Anyone who reacts like that is pretty f'ing cool in my book. Just such a strange thing to do that it would make me like him immediately.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bald Dave said:
[quote="uncomfortable man":3qqy09kz]Yeah, my dad still has all his hair. When he sees me upset, like that one time I came back from Quizno's when I lit that napkin on fire and threw it on these jerks table, he was like, what's wrong? I tried to explain to him how hard it is to be bald and he just didn't get it. Don't worry about it...who cares what other people think anyway, he told me. Maybe I'm just sensitive, but I think most people would feel exactly the way I feel if they were to experience it themselves for as long as I have...including my father.

I can understand your pain UCMan. The one thing I hate is when people say "don't worry about it" when they don't have any hairloss![/quote:3qqy09kz]

Or when their hair loss comes so late in life that it "doesn't matter". I was talking to my mom once and she was telling me about a guy she works with, and how, when he was about 45, he started worrying about losing his hair, and she thought he was nuts because he had no hair loss. 10 years later, he has a thinning crown. The thing is, he's already married, already has a good job, and he's 55 years old.
My dad is the same way. He's like, "Well, I'm losing my hair, and it bugged me for a while, but I don't let it get to me now." Well dad, you started to noticeably lose hair when you were 47-48 years old. That is the "who gives a sh*t" stage as far as I'm concerned. If I were that age, I'd find the fact that I'm balding funny, sort of like its funny to me when I get a giant zit on my ***. At 27, with no career, extremely low self confidence, and having never been in a relationship with a woman, its definitely not f'ing funny.

And on to the topic of the thread....
My dad has baldness, the same baldness his dad had... the kind that sets in around age 50 or so.
My mom's dad died in his 90's with a full head of hair.

superfrankie

Established Member
Reaction score
Im 20 y old and have soon less hair than my father. I could kill myself for that. Not to mention him. THIS IS f*****g BULLSHIT!

superfrankie

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Yeah, my dad still has all his hair. When he sees me upset, like that one time I came back from Quizno's when I lit that napkin on fire and threw it on these jerks table, he was like, what's wrong? I tried to explain to him how hard it is to be bald and he just didn't get it. Don't worry about it...who cares what other people think anyway, he told me. Maybe I'm just sensitive, but I think most people would feel exactly the way I feel if they were to experience it themselves for as long as I have...including my father.

I f*****g hate that. "dont worry so much...bla bla bla"

They should shut da f*** up. Im getting offended here and really pissed off.

I get that comment a lot, from people with hair, in my age. I want to blow up their heads when they say someting like that.

ali777

Reaction score
Quantum Cat said:
CCS said:
[quote="Quantum Cat":3v3a1wo7]
What happened on the last date you were on? I want to check that you're doing things correctly.

Over a year ago. Hard to interpret signals, but here are some possible mistakes:
She invited me back to her apartment, alone, to watch TV, and I did not make a move on her. My friends told me later than when they advised me to behave myself, they just meant don't force her, they did not mean don't try to make a move on her.
When we were out on a cold night and I had a jacket (donated to me by my friend who froze his *** off in hopes I'd put it on her), I offered it to her many times, but she insisted she knew a trick to stay warm: she crossed her arms and flexed and shivered and insisted that worked. My friends told me I should have just put in on her and not taken no for an answer.
I let her talk about her Ex for a long time, though she did kiss me later. I later learned she went back to him, and that he was not as bad as she said he was. I feel bad about having gotten involved now, but she had told quite a story about him.
I told her I'm a virgin.
When I took her to dinner, I ordered pizza for us both, forgetting that earlier she had mentioned she loves salads, though I doubt that matters as much.
Oh, and our sexual interests were not the same, so it would have failed anyway.

I'd have to go into a lot of detail to possibly give you enough info to make an informed judgement on. Not sure I want to put all that out there, since I don't know who is reading.

shouldn't have told her you're a virgin - she might have thought 'OK what's wrong with this guy if he's never had a woman before?' and backed off.

Next time just lie and say you broke up with your last girlfriend a while ago and you've been waiting for somebody special.[/quote:3v3a1wo7]

If I was only interested in sex, or short-term thing, I wouldn't tell her I'm a virgin. In fact, the first girl I slept with didn't know I was a virgin. She just assumed I had done it... On the other hand, it's kinda cute and romantic to be involved with someone who is a virgin and still looking for the special one. Some women might like it.

If you are worried about poor performance, go with "it's been awhile, I'm a bit rusty".

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
ClayShaw said:
uncomfortable man said:

WTF???
I missed that story.
Seems like UMan would be a great guy to hang out with. Anyone who reacts like that is pretty f'ing cool in my book. Just such a strange thing to do that it would make me like him immediately.
Yeah, it was so funny because one of them had to spill their drink to put it out, and I don't think there were free refills. They totally deserved it. I mean you don't sit two spots away and talk sh*t about me in ear shot and be looking over at me every other second then laughing out loud amongst themselves, expecting me to just sit there and pretend it isn't happening and stick my head in the sand. f*** that. f*** them. Needless to say I never went back to that Quiznos again. But it was worth it. :)

heyitsthatguy

Established Member
Reaction score
lol do you have any other stories about your reactions to people poking fun at your baldness um?

Balding_Blues

Reaction score
Colin297 said:
Being the only one in your family with male pattern baldness

My dad is FIFTY and has the thickest head of hair you'll ever see.

Two of my brothers, one 21, one 24 (im 23 btw) both have good thick hair particularly the younger one - his hairline actually goes out an inch - its insane.
:(

What about the postman?
:) :) :)

Mens Rea

Reaction score
^ perhaps

Must have been a handsome devil in his time :D :D

Really back on topic. It sucks but not to a point where anyone should let it affect their lives. I know this is hard but seriously - you cant get to 60 and think "wow i didn't have the confidence in my career, my friendships and love life to get where i wanted" because of my receding hairline. How f*****g stupid would that sound if your grandad (or say, great uncle who never married, even) told you that. Put things in perseptive bros

My main worry - in fact - only real worry if im honest - is having to adjust my standard of girlfriend/wife but im trying to make sure i dont have to compromise on what i deserve by working harder on my personality and confidence. So far as letting this affect my confidence in my job (im training to be a laywer!) LOL - half the barristers etc are balding themselves who gives a flying sh*t?

You know that guy thats a cool f*** but with little to no hair but yet you don't think its a deal to him because he's cool confident and successful to a point you actually dont think about his hair as any form of weakness? That's what EVERYONE here should be going for. I sure as hell wont be letting for friends of present find me a shadow of the old colin because i lsot some hair.LOL, C'MON GUYS!

I disgress.

You wouldn't believe how thick my brothers hair is though, its literally 100% denisity with aceding hairlines - think i'll hav to get a pick, its almost funny the contrast.

I note how other people dont expect you to be bothered by it. I mean, my brother might joke about it (if i bring it up usually) but not in a menacing way and tell me "who cares?" and i get that its obviously easy for him to say. But at the same time - he means it - who cares? If i had a deformed face with incurable red marks over my face do you think he's say that and mean it? NO. Fact is, yes, i care, but you should also realise why someone else wouldn't think if should be such a big deal because half the male population have this its something noone should really expect the other person to take it really bad.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
ClayShaw said:
[quote="uncomfortable man":kopl3c4r]Yeah, my dad still has all his hair. When he sees me upset, like that one time I came back from Quizno's when I lit that napkin on fire and threw it on these jerks table, he was like, what's wrong? I tried to explain to him how hard it is to be bald and he just didn't get it. Don't worry about it...who cares what other people think anyway, he told me. Maybe I'm just sensitive, but I think most people would feel exactly the way I feel if they were to experience it themselves for as long as I have...including my father.

WTF???
I missed that story.
Yeah, it was so funny because one of them had to spill their drink to put it out, and I don't think there were free refills. They totally deserved it. I mean you don't sit two spots away and talk sh*t about me in ear shot and be looking over at me every other second then laughing out loud amongst themselves, expecting me to just sit there and pretend it isn't happening and stick my head in the sand. f*ck that. f*ck them. Needless to say I never went back to that Quiznos again. But it was worth it. :)[/quote:kopl3c4r]

I agree completely. If someone is talking sh*t within earshot, they want a reaction. They deserve a reaction.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Colin297 said:
^ perhaps

Must have been a handsome devil in his time :D :D

Really back on topic. It sucks but not to a point where anyone should let it affect their lives. I know this is hard but seriously - you cant get to 60 and think "wow i didn't have the confidence in my career, my friendships and love life to get where i wanted" because of my receding hairline. How f****ing stupid would that sound if your grandad (or say, great uncle who never married, even) told you that. Put things in perseptive bros

My main worry - in fact - only real worry if im honest - is having to adjust my standard of girlfriend/wife but im trying to make sure i dont have to compromise on what i deserve by working harder on my personality and confidence. So far as letting this affect my confidence in my job (im training to be a laywer!) LOL - half the barristers etc are balding themselves who gives a flying sh*t?

You know that guy thats a cool f*ck but with little to no hair but yet you don't think its a deal to him because he's cool confident and successful to a point you actually dont think about his hair as any form of weakness? That's what EVERYONE here should be going for. I sure as hell wont be letting for friends of present find me a shadow of the old colin because i lsot some hair.LOL, C'MON GUYS!

I disgress.

You wouldn't believe how thick my brothers hair is though, its literally 100% denisity with aceding hairlines - think i'll hav to get a pick, its almost funny the contrast.

I note how other people dont expect you to be bothered by it. I mean, my brother might joke about it (if i bring it up usually) but not in a menacing way and tell me "who cares?" and i get that its obviously easy for him to say. But at the same time - he means it - who cares? If i had a deformed face with incurable red marks over my face do you think he's say that and mean it? NO. Fact is, yes, i care, but you should also realise why someone else wouldn't think if should be such a big deal because half the male population have this its something noone should really expect the other person to take it really bad.

Half the male population over 50, yes. And when you see that printed somewhere, I have to imagine that 50% includes the guys who lost a half inch on their hairline when they hit 50 or 60 years old, like my grandfather. It definitely doesn't mean 50% of guys have a bald spot or an NW7. If you're in your 20's or your 30's, I think it does affect the quality of women available to you, unless you're a) super confident, or b) able to shave and look cool. Some of us are neither.

Mens Rea

Reaction score
I know what you mean mate

But you must realise hair is just ONE variable. There are literally hundred's of things that people struggle with that can affect their appearance per se.

Really bad teeth? Crooked nose? Acne scarred skin?

Whatever it is, hair is just one variable. I'd be the first person to cash in on a full head of hair dont get me wrong but im not narrow minded enough to think there's much worse things in the world.

TBH i think alot of you who are literally resigned to letting hairloss affect their expectations in their life are just hiding behind it. It definately challenges your vanity but some people just love to have an excuse. My hunch is alot of these people with this attitude would have other "problems" to blame if they had a bona fide NW1. WHy? Because hairloss only brings out the ALREADY EXISTING INSECURITIES that lied therein. Deal with them head on.

FOr me - im on finasteride. Im a Norwood 2.5 diffuse but i style my hair and try to look my best. So far ive noticed little to no difference in how girls treat me (romantically) and zero difference in normal everyday life. Having a sour head on you feeling sorry for yourself will push people away - often its YOU that's the problem - your reaction to your hairloss. Everyone has their own issues believe it or not.

Hairloss sucks but its not the end of the world. Even if i wake up completely bald tommorow i wouldn't change my opinion. Embrace your life, get in shape, get a tan and work on your personality. If you lose out on the hair variable WORK HARDER on the other variables

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Colin297 said:
I know what you mean mate

But you must realise hair is just ONE variable. There are literally hundred's of things that people struggle with that can affect their appearance per se.

Really bad teeth? Crooked nose? Acne scarred skin?

Whatever it is, hair is just one variable. I'd be the first person to cash in on a full head of hair dont get me wrong but im not narrow minded enough to think there's much worse things in the world.

TBH i think alot of you who are literally resigned to letting hairloss affect their expectations in their life are just hiding behind it. It definately challenges your vanity but some people just love to have an excuse. My hunch is alot of these people with this attitude would have other "problems" to blame if they had a bona fide NW1. WHy? Because hairloss only brings out the ALREADY EXISTING INSECURITIES that lied therein. Deal with them head on.

FOr me - im on finasteride. Im a Norwood 2.5 diffuse but i style my hair and try to look my best. So far ive noticed little to no difference in how girls treat me (romantically) and zero difference in normal everyday life. Having a sour head on you feeling sorry for yourself will push people away - often its YOU that's the problem - your reaction to your hairloss. Everyone has their own issues believe it or not.

Hairloss sucks but its not the end of the world. Even if i wake up completely bald tommorow i wouldn't change my opinion. Embrace your life, get in shape, get a tan and work on your personality. If you lose out on the hair variable

WORK HARDER on the other variables

I do have the acne scarred skin. I continue to get acne (I'm 27). I have rosacea. My brother is balding (doesn't know it yet), and he's had an extreme case of psoriasis since he was 12 or so...

diffuse propecia

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
ClayShaw said:
[quote="uncomfortable man":1d6xdzcv]Yeah, my dad still has all his hair. When he sees me upset, like that one time I came back from Quizno's when I lit that napkin on fire and threw it on these jerks table, he was like, what's wrong? I tried to explain to him how hard it is to be bald and he just didn't get it. Don't worry about it...who cares what other people think anyway, he told me. Maybe I'm just sensitive, but I think most people would feel exactly the way I feel if they were to experience it themselves for as long as I have...including my father.

WTF???
I missed that story.
Yeah, it was so funny because one of them had to spill their drink to put it out, and I don't think there were free refills. They totally deserved it. I mean you don't sit two spots away and talk sh*t about me in ear shot and be looking over at me every other second then laughing out loud amongst themselves, expecting me to just sit there and pretend it isn't happening and stick my head in the sand. f*ck that. f*ck them. Needless to say I never went back to that Quiznos again. But it was worth it. :)[/quote:1d6xdzcv]

:)