You know it's offcially over when....

vipergts

Established Member
Reaction score
- You've been on the big 3 plus spironolactone and CP's for 10 months and lost half your density!

- When the dreaded male pattern baldness itch burns and tingles at your scalp all day long!

- When you take a shower, nizoral and towel dry your hair and 30 minutes later are able to shake off dozens of healthy terminal hair and flake particles into the sink. I counted 35 right after the morning shower where I had shed around 100 hair already!

- When you *feel* that you hair is so weak that even a slight breeze would blow them off!

All hope is lost for me guys! The WORST part is that I don't know what to do next. Shaving is not an option at this point and I am too diffuse for a transplant. Also people don't seem to be benefiting from dutasteride all that much. Any ideas to help a fellow sufferer?

barcafan

Reaction score
You're doing all you can mate. You will probably be best to just 'deal' with it. worse things can happen

brh1219

Reaction score
have you tried a shampoo w/ seabuckthorn oil? helped with my itch and the whole thing where it feels like the wind can just rip your hair right out. worth a shot...

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Drop the big three(not nizoral), it didn't work for me either. Keep the spironolactone and order spironolactone liquid 2%. Apply cream to hairline and liquid everywhere else. I don't know if that will work, but that's what I'm going to try. Also try and incorporate Alpecin (ASL preferably) to stop shedding and strengthen hair. I'd consider this if you're looking to preserve what you have.

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
As you know i'm in the same boat as you with dutasteride and getting pretty despondent as hair diffuses all over. I'm at 4 months so all advice is to stick with is but even at this stage I would have thought to see some tiny hairs but I see none at all which makes me think this isn't going to work.

How long for you now on dutasteride?

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I saw......10Months. I think that's enough to see a result. Did you do finasteride before you went on dutasteride? have you tried lowering dose. I lowered my does to EOD as if appeared to be shedding so quick. I still think its shedding just as quick tho and no regrowth.

When all we wanted was slowdown its not fair to make all this effort and not even get that.

Just have to keep varying and trying different things but keeping consistent after each change for a good few months.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
thank god treatments are working for me ,you guys must be pretty pissd especially after trying everything.
i know if i was in that condition id shave and start using some steroids
and get the coolest clothes something to draw attention from the hair

Beethoven

Established Member
Reaction score
vipergts, there are few more things you could try:

dutasteride - to risky in my opinion... but your decision...
Proxipen - the strong (and expensive) prescription version, Dr proctor claims it helped some of his patients who weren't responding to finasteride, it fights male pattern baldness from many different angles, I know you covered most of them in your regimen, but still worth a try.
Ru - very expensive, very hard to get, still worth a shot if oyu tried everything.
Eucapil - there are mixed reviews on this product, in my personal experience it was very effective, and stopped my shedding, however I had to stop due to sides (I'm super sensitive to any hormonal change, even from topicals I get the same sides like I had with finasteride...), but if you had no sides from finasteride, you probably won't have any problems, so it worth a try.

Roki, good to have you back! I missed you(r avatar) so much :)

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hey Beethoven
i am back , although i hope i wont be spending as much time here like i used now that hairloss dosent bother me so much.
by the way dutasteride works great for me and i have no side effects

vipergts

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Nick,

I know what you mean man! The hardest part is coping with the frustration - you have high hopes when you try all these hairloss remedies and it sucks when these hopes are shattered. I haven't yet started on dutasteride. I want to take baby steps with dutasteride so I will try using it topically first (as in Double A). Also I am going to try PTO shampoo along with nizoral and T-Gel. I am also considering Fluridil and Immortal's natural remedies. I am pretty sure I am fucked and none of this will work. But what the hell, money is not an issue at this time and as long as I try every single option I won't have any guilt....

Nick4441 said:
I saw......10Months. I think that's enough to see a result. Did you do finasteride before you went on dutasteride? have you tried lowering dose. I lowered my does to EOD as if appeared to be shedding so quick. I still think its shedding just as quick tho and no regrowth.

When all we wanted was slowdown its not fair to make all this effort and not even get that.

Just have to keep varying and trying different things but keeping consistent after each change for a good few months.

vipergts

Established Member
Reaction score
Great advice Beet, thanks! Good to know about your experience with Eucapil , I might give it a go next.

Beethoven said:
vipergts, there are few more things you could try:

dutasteride - to risky in my opinion... but your decision...
Proxipen - the strong (and expensive) prescription version, Dr proctor claims it helped some of his patients who weren't responding to finasteride, it fights male pattern baldness from many different angles, I know you covered most of them in your regimen, but still worth a try.
Ru - very expensive, very hard to get, still worth a shot if oyu tried everything.
Eucapil - there are mixed reviews on this product, in my personal experience it was very effective, and stopped my shedding, however I had to stop due to sides (I'm super sensitive to any hormonal change, even from topicals I get the same sides like I had with finasteride...), but if you had no sides from finasteride, you probably won't have any problems, so it worth a try.

Roki, good to have you back! I missed you(r avatar) so much :)