You Gotta Have Guts To Use Rogaine

The Gardener

Reaction score
Minoxidil often causes initial shedding, as the chemical precipitates a premature ejection of hair follicles that are in telogen phase, but still housed in the follicle, to clear the follicle for accelerated regrowth. In essence, the initial shed is somewhat of a good sign, that your scalp is showing some response to the medicine.

I don't understand why getting this shed was a surprise? This shed effect is described right in the documentation that comes with the minoxidil.

There are no ingredients in the minoxidil that have any clinical relationship with increasing male pattern baldness. PPG does not increase hairloss. Alcohol does not increase hairloss, and Minoxidil does not increase hairloss. It might not grow hair in all users, but these ingredients have shown NO ability to ungrow hairs.

Sheds are not hairloss, per se. ALL people go through cyclical shed events, even people who are not male pattern baldness sufferers. male pattern baldness is when the shed hairs are replaced by new hairs that are increasingly (over many shed cycles) not as thick as the hairs that they replaced.

barcafan

Reaction score
I think the main poster is just a troll trying to scare others from trying the product. There are many assholes like that.

chino20

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree with barcafan. I think that anyone claiming such things should be made to claim it WITH evidence, rather than throw it out there and incite fear.

H/B

Established Member
Reaction score
it's just there are a lot wussies who like to drammatize it. like was said, it a shed... does not = male pattern baldness