• No

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Unclear

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

GeneticsAreJustUnfair

My Regimen
Reaction score
So the title is just me being salty. I posted not that long ago and was told to leave and called names just for asking about my hairline. I've gotten great advice too, namely if you think you're losing hair you probably are. Turns out its definitely true for me. I'll post my THREE MONTH progression. I noticed it at the first picture when it was changing. I was told everything from "You still have a juvenile hairline you have no hair loss". That was understandable based off the first pic. Then when I posted around the time of the second, again I was told no loss, not even matured. The third pic is an undeniable NW1 sooooooooooooooo. Guess rip for me since my maternal grandfather was a cue ball by the time he was 25, and mine seems to be aggressive.
hairloss.jpg

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
We are in the same boat bro. Once the switch is flipped, for some guys it goes really quickly. LMAO that in the poll most people think NO/UNCLEAR. But honestly, I wouldn't be too worried until you start shedding and losing hairs in shower or diffusing. But like I said in your other post, until those things happen, it could possibly stop moving back further and could stay like that for a long time.

Drew442

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why don’t you go to a dermatologist. They can do bulk measurements and other tests. No offensive to anyone who posts here but most of us have no medical experience at all. Posting here can lead to false confidence or you could end up stressing for no reason.

Articom

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You have no hairloss get off the forums! But seriously your starting too, save it before it progresses farther. Should be able to regrow whats lost.

GeneticsAreJustUnfair

My Regimen
Reaction score
We are in the same boat bro. Once the switch is flipped, for some guys it goes really quickly. LMAO that in the poll most people think NO/UNCLEAR. But honestly, I wouldn't be too worried until you start shedding and losing hairs in shower or diffusing. But like I said in your other post, until those things happen, it could possibly stop moving back further and could stay like that for a long time.
My big deal is that I specifically lose hair from my temples in the shower. I wanted to be vigilant and actually track it in some sort of way. When I condition my hair, I start from the back and I lose two to six hairs which is exceptional hair strength imo as it is the roughest motion you can do to your hair in the shower. Then the front inch of my hairline, I lose about four to five hairs from each side every day. That coupled with the visible minor recession or "maturation" makes me worried. Being a scientific guy though, there is a lot of evidence to support my claims. When I do the pull test I will always lose at least one hair from my temples, none from the middle of my hairline and occasionally one from other random parts of my head. I will always get some from my temples though. I'm not tugging either, just grabbing a lock of hair and just pulling it upward along the shaft of the hair. I most likely have my maternal grandfathers hair. While I understand that it is 50 / 50 on which X chromosome genes you get from your mother, I have dark hair and a high natural hairline similar to how he did. My hairline has barely receded I guess, but it has really thinned out along my temples. I want to see if it slows down or stops before I hop on finasteride. I've seen people with far worse hair loss experience regrowth to a point where their temples are thicker than my forelock.

GeneticsAreJustUnfair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why don’t you go to a dermatologist. They can do bulk measurements and other tests. No offensive to anyone who posts here but most of us have no medical experience at all. Posting here can lead to false confidence or you could end up stressing for no reason.
Thats the stupidest thing about where I am. I'm in the states but the closest place that deals in Androgenetic Alopecia is a clinic in a bigger city. It's only about a 45 minute drive so I went ahead and called and found out that they only take referral patients. No biggie, I'll just call my local derm. I was hit with the "We don't deal with genetic hair loss at this clinic and we wont even look at it". So I can't get it checked locally, and can't go to a city because they only accept referrals.

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
My big deal is that I specifically lose hair from my temples in the shower. I wanted to be vigilant and actually track it in some sort of way. When I condition my hair, I start from the back and I lose two to six hairs which is exceptional hair strength imo as it is the roughest motion you can do to your hair in the shower. Then the front inch of my hairline, I lose about four to five hairs from each side every day. That coupled with the visible minor recession or "maturation" makes me worried. Being a scientific guy though, there is a lot of evidence to support my claims. When I do the pull test I will always lose at least one hair from my temples, none from the middle of my hairline and occasionally one from other random parts of my head. I will always get some from my temples though. I'm not tugging either, just grabbing a lock of hair and just pulling it upward along the shaft of the hair. I most likely have my maternal grandfathers hair. While I understand that it is 50 / 50 on which X chromosome genes you get from your mother, I have dark hair and a high natural hairline similar to how he did. My hairline has barely receded I guess, but it has really thinned out along my temples. I want to see if it slows down or stops before I hop on finasteride. I've seen people with far worse hair loss experience regrowth to a point where their temples are thicker than my forelock.

Well good luck bro. I hopped on finasteride just last week and when I made this account I made a similiar post as you where I asked the same questions and got the same response. Hopefully your situation works out much better than mine. My maternal grandfather was a NW2 at 50 when he died and was NW1 most his life but my dad was a NW6 at 21. I ended up getting my dads hair so hopefully you get yours as well and end up with some hair in ur 30s.

Drew442

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thats the stupidest thing about where I am. I'm in the states but the closest place that deals in Androgenetic Alopecia is a clinic in a bigger city. It's only about a 45 minute drive so I went ahead and called and found out that they only take referral patients. No biggie, I'll just call my local derm. I was hit with the "We don't deal with genetic hair loss at this clinic and we wont even look at it". So I can't get it checked locally, and can't go to a city because they only accept referrals.
Did you try your family doctor. That’s what I did and got a referral.