Yet Another Question About finasteride And Gyno.

BruceMackenzie

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Having been on 1mg of finasteride EOD for one year, one month ago I upgraded to taking 1mg every day. Since then I have noticed some gyno.

My question is: if I reduce the dose back down will my gyno disappear, or have I started a process that is now only reversible via surgery once it manifests?

Thank you.

g.i joey

Reaction score
Hello all,

Having been on 1mg of finasteride EOD for one year, one month ago I upgraded to taking 1mg every day. Since then I have noticed some gyno.

My question is: if I reduce the dose back down will my gyno disappear, or have I started a process that is now only reversible via surgery once it manifests?

Thank you.

Early intervention when dealing with gyno can help reduce the tissue, im talking within the first month or max 2 of it developing. You can most likely get off the drug for a bit and it will reduce significantly or you can kill 95% of it off with an aggressive letro protocol.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
hey joey do you think you can take letro in combination with fina for one or two month ?
Or raloxifen ?
But without dropping fina while on it

BruceMackenzie

Established Member
Reaction score
Cheers Joey. I'm going g to the doctors on Monday to make sure it's not just my head being paranoid. I've been gaining weight recently since I'm on a bulk, so my pecs are naturally developing and I'm perhaps storing more fat there than usual (I've never been this heavy before). But there is some definite puffiness and soreness around one area. It's a shame, because this last month on the full recommended dose has seen me yield some incredible results. My hairloss has almost completely stopped, and there is clear mass regrowth. Perhaps the better you respond, the more liklihood of sides.

g.i joey

Reaction score
Cheers Joey. I'm going g to the doctors on Monday to make sure it's not just my head being paranoid. I've been gaining weight recently since I'm on a bulk, so my pecs are naturally developing and I'm perhaps storing more fat there than usual (I've never been this heavy before). But there is some definite puffiness and soreness around one area. It's a shame, because this last month on the full recommended dose has seen me yield some incredible results. My hairloss has almost completely stopped, and there is clear mass regrowth. Perhaps the better you respond, the more liklihood of sides.

It can be pseudogyno, you've now increased your estrogen by 15% on the full dose, so you can expect more fat accumulation in the chest more than you're used to. Unless you're feeling rubbery tissue, I wouldn't be too concerned about real gyno. Also, you should be having some itchy symptoms or shooting pains in chest while the tissue develops, it could very well be pseudogyno but definitely go for the professionals opinion

g.i joey

Reaction score
hey joey do you think you can take letro in combination with fina for one or two month ?
Or raloxifen ?
But without dropping fina while on it

I think DHT is very effective at controlling estrogen. If your mission is to deplete gyno I think having DHT available Is key when using an AI, in terms of prevention I think you can take both simultaneously

BruceMackenzie

Established Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I did have some shooting pains on the side of my chest where I think the gyno is accumulating, whilst having some itchiness. But I haven't had those symptoms in over a week. It was sporadic when I did have them.

inmyhead

Reaction score
Interesting. I did have some shooting pains on the side of my chest where I think the gyno is accumulating, whilst having some itchiness. But I haven't had those symptoms in over a week. It was sporadic when I did have them.

have you had any other sides besides gyno?

tomcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
is it a bad sign to shed small hairs ? i mean 75% of my shed is small hair

inmyhead

Reaction score
No. It slowed it down but I was still receding and thinning out, albeit at a far slower rate than when I wasn't on any meds.

So you are receeding type and not diffuser? I was thinkinga about going 0.5 every third day , since thats the most I can afford without getting gyno. But my loss is different, maybe that would work. Anyway, i took 1mg before bed yesterday to test, and i felt so strange next day, feeling like something is off, and painful lymph nodes. lol.

ElTioLaBota

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So you are receeding type and not diffuser? I was thinkinga about going 0.5 every third day , since thats the most I can afford without getting gyno. But my loss is different, maybe that would work. Anyway, i took 1mg before bed yesterday to test, and i felt so strange next day, feeling like something is off, and painful lymph nodes. lol.
I am taking 1mg eod to avoid gyno, (i cant take 1mg ed already tested it) because in a spanish forum many ppl maintained by doing this and for the moment im controling gyno, maybe a little sensitivity on the nipple

g.i joey

Reaction score
I'm not saying it's not impossible, but very unlikely. Once again, it's not IMPOSSIBLE.

Go to Doctor and check your hormones, also drop weight. And lower finasteride use just in case.

Are you dumb? Finasteride can and does cause acute cases of gyno... a 15% increase in test and estrogen when DHT isn't available has a very individual effect on each person and sometimes, albeit rarely gyno can and does happen.

UberBaldaten

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you dumb? Finasteride can and does cause acute cases of gyno... a 15% increase in test and estrogen when DHT isn't available has a very individual effect on each person and sometimes, albeit rarely gyno can and does happen.
Gyno also happens to unrelated finasteride causes and doesn't have to be acute finasteride induced gynocemastia. Correlation doesn't imply causation.

BruceMackenzie

Established Member
Reaction score

Yes I am a receder, but my hair has also thinned out considerable also (forelock, crown etc).