Yassin's story (last pics page 6)

what do you think of my result

• Total voters

MGZ

Established Member
Reaction score
yassin said:
today, I'm gonna switch to avodart (dutasteride 0.5 mg)

I've been on dutasteride for 2 days so far, no sides yet but we'll see. I'm also on 1.25 finasteride daily, and plan to take dutasteride for 3x per week after 1 full week.

Anyways what happened, in your earlier posts it looks like you had lots of progress?
Have you diffused again?

yassin

Established Member
Reaction score
MGZ said:
yassin said:
today, I'm gonna switch to avodart (dutasteride 0.5 mg)

I've been on dutasteride for 2 days so far, no sides yet but we'll see. I'm also on 1.25 finasteride daily, and plan to take dutasteride for 3x per week after 1 full week.

Anyways what happened, in your earlier posts it looks like you had lots of progress?
Have you diffused again?

I was shedding for about 10 months or more it was flactuating . I think I wasn't regular on my regimen, that's because of some financial problems,
three months ago I decided to stop th 1/5 proscar and try a generic finasteride. I thought that the cut pill content is destroyed before it reaches the intestine
in the last few months I was shedding like crazy. maybe I can get 100 or more hairs when I do paper-comb test
last months I decided to stop minoxidil solution which is hard to apply and causes crazy dandruff .although I was using nizoral almost every day.
I also decided to give avodart a try for the next 6 months.
I can say that shedding has stopped after one month of avodart
today I did the paper-comb test after 3 days of no combing and no bathing . I got only 20 hairs. that's great :D
my current state is really bad in the front very good in the vertex and crown. I'm optimistic, and I think I'll get good results with avodart alone.
I also use nizoral every 3 days just after doing paper-comb test. because of my crazy oily scalp

yassin

Established Member
Reaction score
hi ,
I'm back to the baseline pic :(
that happened before stopping minoxidil
after switching to generic finasteride
my room is full of shedded hair :dunno:
now it's 50 days on avodart + nizoral every other day
do you think I'll regrow again ?
I may add minoxidil again after 6 months on avodart especially because avodart halted my shedding

what do you think guys? do I have to start minoxidil back ???/ switch to 1/4 proscar again ???? or just wait and see the results of dutasteride alone??
really need your help :sobbing:

jazz1

Reaction score
I'd stick to dutasteride, I'm also shedding after six months, I started taking higher dose of finesteride from o.25mg to 1mg which slowed the shed down. I have original dutasteride for emergency, if propecia stops working il switch.

andersonlynch

Established Member
Reaction score
That's a great result. Don't stop on the treatment. You really look good.

yassin

Established Member
Reaction score
time for update,
tonight pill number 92, (3 months + 2 days)

itching ----- completely stopped during the first month

dandruff ----- completely gone during the first month

shedding ----- decreased dramatically in the first month of Avodart
noticed some increased shedding during the beginning of the 3rd month
now I shed only small amount of long thinned hair 5-20 daily (it was 80-100 or more before Avodart),

condition of hair ----- stable , near the baseline , thinned in a triangular pattern apex at the vertex and base at the hairline, about 3 cm long

signs of regrowth ----- I was tracking one thinned hair in the hairline for 5 months . one month ago it was replaced by a terminal thicker hair in the same canal with the thinned hair. the thinned hair then shed, then the terminal hair grew .5 cm then shed 3 days ago

regimen ----- Avodart only 1capsule (.5mg)/day

goal ----- waiting to see the final result of Avodart, if no regrowth after 10 months , I'll add minoxidil again

pics ----- taken put I want to upload the full experience of Avodart at the 10th month

earlybalder

Reaction score
What do you mean near the baseline? so all the results you had with proscar/min/nizoral are no longer there????

Ramadan kareem btw :)

yassin

Established Member
Reaction score
What do you mean near the baseline? so all the results you had with proscar/min/nizoral are no longer there????

Ramadan kareem btw :)

Allahu Akram ;)
yes, during the last 10 months, I had huge shedding ,
don't know why ,
but maybe because I switched between different forms of minoxidil, and finasteride ,
maybe proscar is not effective after breaking it's coat
maybe because I used to split the 28 pills in one day
maybe I lost the sensitivity to finasteride
I think I'm doing well on dutasteride

jazz1

Reaction score
If you add minoxidol now you will get better regrowth, also but in folligen cream they will grow thicker.

mak123

Reaction score
Yassin thanks for sharing your experience. Ramadan Kareem.

I have been receding for last few years (40 now) but have been too scared to start on finasteride or other minix solution because of reported scares from sides.
Biggest being what if i start shedding & lost it all.

Now the situation has got pretty bad around the crown area & i'm thinking i might as well give it a shot as haven't got much more to loose at this age.

For my regimen I'm going to be ordering Rogain Foam, nizoral 20%, Biotin 5mg Caps, Avalon Orgaincs Biotin Thickening Conditioner (contains biotin + Saw Palmetto) to help control nizoral dryness, Proscar & some quality mens multiVits.

I intend to take the slow approach.

Rogain once a day, nizoral every other day & 1.25mg Proscar daily.

Regular exercise, good diet & vits i have been following already for couple of months & time to step up.

Thanks for inspiration.

- - - Updated - - -

Seems i can't edit my post.

Just wanted to add that i'm still little vary of taking the Minix as part of the regimen because of the shedding that it is known to cause.

Anyone think i should leave it out for now & just do Proscar, nizoral, Vits etc for first three months & see how it goes ?

yassin

Established Member
Reaction score
thank you mark :)
don't be afraid of finasteride side effects.
I was not one of the 2% who had side effects, and if I was one of them I would continue or stop finasteride till the side effects go
finasteride may not work for receding hairline, it works better on thickening the top of your head and it prevents further hairloss
IMO the most important part of your regimen is finasteride. other stuff will not be able to at least stop the process of hair loss
try to get propecia instead of cutting proscar
for me , minoxidil was a curse . I was on it only for 1.5 year and I went from a full head of hair with minor frontal thinning to diffuse pattern as you cans see in the baseline picture
so my advice would be :
1. take a picture today
2. get a prescription for propecia instead of proscar
3. forget about your hairloss
4. take another picture 8 months later
5. post in success storier ;)
6. continue your propecia forever
if you didn't see any signs of regrowth or you don't maintain your hair , you can add rogain,
if you see signs of regrowth but insufficient , wait 8 months later till you see the full effect of finasteride then you can add rogaine
IMO, save your money and don't spend it on vitamins, biotin, saw palmetto, blah blah blah. they don't work on androgenetic alopecia
use nizoral only if you have oily, itchy scalp with dandruff

best wishes mark

mak123

Reaction score
That's for good advice :salut:

In fact i have already been using nizoral for about a month & was wondering why my hair looks worse off (some shedding) than when i started so i will take on your advice & drop that immediately.
I don't have a particularly greasy scalp or ever had dandruff issues & the only purpose of taking it was for DHT control before resorting to the Minix/finasteride route. I will go ahead & get the Avalon organic shampoo to use instead as it has mainly organic ingredients without many nasty chemicals. The saw palmetto it contains is supposed to have finasteride like properties i.e block DHT so might be a good replacement for the nizoral.
I'm going to use the Vit+Biotin supplements for general well being & if they help with hair that's a bonus. I can't see them doing any particular harm to my hair.

I'm thinking of taking Proscar instead of Propecia as its a lot cheaper & easier for me to get hold of in UK. Other than the cutting issues is there any other reason to go for Propecia ?
If anyone does know of a good cheap UK Propecia supplier they can recommend please PM. I intend to divide the Proscar tablets into quarters as & when i need i.e 1.25g dosage. Haven't figured out if i should go straight onto 1.25g daily or maybe every other day & gradually work upto 1.25 daily after a week or 2 ? Any ideas ? Hoping to minimise possible sides with sudden introduction of finasteride to system.

Photo taken today. Looking to place order for Merk Proscar next few days as stockist i know is out of stock at the moment.

yassin

Established Member
Reaction score
take care while you cut Proscar, it's tiny irregular pentagon in shape coated pill , which makes it very hard to cut in equal four or five parts
use a cutter , on a surface like a book
cut a pill every four days , don't cut the whole 28 pills in one day
my advice is still to save the money of vitamins , biotin and saw palmetto for Propecia
good luck mark :)
waiting for your update

yassin

Established Member
Reaction score
time for update
I've just taken the pill number 128 =` 4 months + 8 days of Avodart +
I also added generic finasteride daily (pill number 28)
I can see alot of new small regrowing hairs at the hairline which don't add too much to my long hair density
these new hair are thin on the top , thick at the base
I also could see some shedding of some thin hairs

kumar75

Reaction score
Hello Yassin,

Can you kindly let me know if propecia is any different from proscar?
I am thinking of taking finasteride and pray god i dont get any sides and will be successfull

Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, i am planning to start on 0.75 mg daily. Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

yassin

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello Yassin,

Can you kindly let me know if propecia is any different from proscar?
I am thinking of taking finasteride and pray god i dont get any sides and will be successfull

Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, i am planning to start on 0.75 mg daily. Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

I prefer taking an intact coated pill of propecia to cutting proscar
yes they both have the same ingredients but . our hands are not skilled enough to cut equal .75 mg .
proscar is a teeny tiny pentagonal pill . you also don't know how finasteride is distributed inside the pill.
I strongly prefer taking the optimum dose which is 1mg/ day in an intact coated pill.
it's still my theory, may be wrong and maybe right. but it's what has been tested on labs
don't be afraid of side effects. 99% don't notice any side effects , the other 1% side effects fades away with drug continuation or stoppage
stick to your regimen for 8 to 12 months before you notice any improvement
I hope this answers your question
good luck kumar

- - - Updated - - -

time for update,
I've just taken the pill number 156 of Avodart
it's 5 months + 6 days (actually I cancelled two pills)
I'm seeing alot of new brand new hairs on the hairline growing like a normal hair,
they are varying in size betwee 1 mm to ,5 cm.
I'm sure they are new
some of them are thin and others are of normal thickness

they still don't add to total density

yasser

Reaction score
hey yassin please tell me iam cutting proscar into 2 parts so i take (2.5 mg) daily morning and i was on rogaine fo about 1 year
am noticing no improvement at all but increased thing on the crown , i heared it shedding did it happend to you , didnt u have sides of finasteride ? plz help am freaking out

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Seriously, i think that nizoral 5x's a wk is what's killing the game here. The dht IS topical and removing it directly from the source as opposed to a pill navigating all through your body and hrs later reaching some of the dht, is much better.

You are removing the dht directly with nizoral 5x's a wk.

- - - Updated - - -

You're taking nizoral far too often, 5 times a week? Crazy. The effects plateau at 2 times a week.

Asking god didn't do much, but the drugs did, looks pretty good. Not noticeable at all when your hair is flat.

"No excessive sex or masturbation"

Uhh.. why? I fail to see a connection.

LMAO!

yassin

Established Member
Reaction score
time for update
its 1 year , 7 months and 21 days only on Avodart
as i promised to keep you guys updated with my results
no growth . no major shedding just a little bit worse
tomorrow I will switch to my old regimen which was a success : 5% minoxidil 2/day and 1 mg finasteride . both are generic forms
i hope it is not the end of the story
wish me good luck