xStrike93x's Story (17y/o Male) PICS

xstrike93x

Reaction score
I'm Alex a 17 year old male (18 in February) and have I think slight male pattern baldness. Maybe. It started back in my Junior year when I went from long hair to my short hair now, so it's only been receding for a little over a year. My hairline is only receding in the front and that's it, everywhere else is thick. I've become self conscious of this because I'm a senior in high school so I'm constantly thinking about my head... I don't really know what I should do to regrow hair and I'm extremely limited on money. My father is bald and he did have a receding hairline at about my age too so there is genetic history in it also. Here's some pictures of the front of my head and you can tell me if it's bad at all and if I can reverse it. I'm totally new to all of this, I've just been coping I guess.

20101104163822941.jpg

20101104163904286.jpg

20101104163913359.jpg

SemperFi

Reaction score
Man, I'm gona be blunt with you... you don't have slight hairloss and there's no maybe about it. Your hairloss at your age is very aggresive and you'll probably be bald before the age of 25 if you don't take some action and even in that case there's no guarantee the drugs will work.

At the moment three drugs are most proven to work, so called BIG3:

- PROPECIA (you can get generics quite cheap): decreases the level of DHT in scalp that is supposedly the main reason for male pattern baldness

- MYNOXIDIL (generics also available): regrows hairs

- NIZORAL: shampoo, that cleans your hair... kinda cherry on top

From a medical point of view it would be good to get an appoitment at dermatologist to be sure why you're losing hair. From practical point of view, you're losing hair in a very typical male pattern baldness pattern, so get on the above mentioned meds ASAP and you might save what you got at least for a good while of time. But you have to keep in mind there's no cure... just treatments that have to be used every day.

xstrike93x

Reaction score
Basically that's all I needed to hear. My father went bald at about the age of 25 so with me I'll probably be heading in the same direction. I'll look into those drugs and seeing a dermatologist but for the most part just living with it. Thank you for the response though.

cuebald

Reaction score
I'd give you at most 5 years before slick NW6 without treatments. (you're easily a NW3 now)

Good luck.

irishpride86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Look in success stories tread, your hair loss looks like Stangekarmas story, and he is a huge success , so go all out with all big 3, also add ru58841 or topical spironolactone

And then you stand a great chance of success

barcafan

Reaction score
You have the heavy male pattern baldness genes my brother. Sucess is usually very limited for us types, though yours is exceptionally bad.

Nene

Reaction score
Wow, I'm so sorry bro but that is incredibly extensive hair loss for only 17. You might still be too young for propecia but you should ask your doctor about it. Even if you get on the big 3, I doubt it'd be much help in such an extreme case but it won't hurt to try I guess. At the very least you need rogaine and nizoral, in fact I'd throw in some copper pepptides and some biotin supplements as well.

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You can throw the kitchen sink at it but the truth of the matter is that you have very aggressive male pattern baldness and will probably be a NW6 by 25. finasteride might buy you a couple of years.

Shave it off now or get a hair piece.

irishpride86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I disagree with everyone here, again it is possible to get great success, look at strangkarmas story in success section, his hair is just like yours.

GeminiX

Reaction score
Hi Alex,

I'm afraid that unless you have a very unusual hairline (try to find some older pics to do a comparison) you have quite a lot of recession.

Go see your GP and get some baseline blood tests, then weigh up your options and decide on a treatment plan if that is what you want.

While most people (by far) with hair loss I know are not terribly bothered by it, they would pretty much all choose to keep it given the option.

The "big 3" certainly have a lot of success stories, though you should also be aware of the potential risks and commitment if that is the path you chose.

Also, if you chose to go down the treatment path, a lot of users here would be very grateful to you if you would keep us informed on your progress and post regular photos.

Good luck :)

Danielle

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
irishpride86 said:
I disagree with everyone here, again it is possible to get great success, look at strangkarmas story in success section, his hair is just like yours.

He's 17. You realize that male pattern baldness is progressive and that finasteride or even dutasteride can only delay the inevitable for so long, right?

For every StrangeKarma there's a dozen guys who get no results, or get great results but lose them just as quickly (AssignmentZero).

Hoppi

Reaction score
Seems quite solidly genetic and progressive to me too. I would say you're too young for finasteride but maybe combining minoxidil and RU58841 would give the best results. Or try Eucapil, spironolactone, minoxidil.

Then you can add Folligen to either for good luck!

Either way I think a combo of strong topical antiandrogens and a growth stimulant or 2 is your best bet w/o finasteride. Hope that helps ^_^

skelll

Established Member
Reaction score
It prob be beneficial to eat a healthy diet yes, but get on the finasteride asap. I use to be a police officer so u can trust me.

Hoppi

Reaction score
skelll said:
It prob be beneficial to eat a healthy diet yes, but get on the finasteride asap. I use to be a police officer so u can trust me.

You used to be a police officer so we can trust your medical judgement? lol

Michael84

Established Member
Reaction score
Man, I agree with you about the diet. It can't solely cure hair loss but it can give at least a small booster to hair growth. After all, we are made of what we eat.