Xandrox, spironolactone

Balzar

Reaction score
Hi guys im new at this great forum and i hope you maybe can help me with this question:
I was planning to get on a regimen consisting: xandrox 5% and Dr.Lees new spironolactone-lotion 5%. I havent tried anything else yet for hairloss. Im 21 years old and have what you can call diffuse thining, mostly in the frontal area, but also on top of my head.

Hoever im a bit worried that things will get worse and have finally done something about it. My strategy is as follows: Regrow my hairloss with xandrox and keep what i already have with the spirolotion. When one year have past i believe i will might have grown some hair back and hopefully i will have a stable harsituation. The question is: When one year have past, do you guys think i can drop the xandrox (minoxidil) the? Becase i proceed with the spirolotion. Or will i be minoxidil dependent forever?

I would be more then thankful i someone could help me get insight in this!
//Swedeguy!

david60176

Reaction score
minoxidil hairs will be dependent forever....or at least until they build minoxidil tolerance.

My suggestion is start with the "Big Three" and if that setup doesn't work out, you can start trying other things (i.e. spironolactone-lotion). I wish I had initially started with the big three, instead I started with Revivogin.

Also, you might want to start with cheaper minoxidil instead of with Dr. Lee's more expensive formula.

The Gardener

Reaction score
I agree with Wezz. Judging from your stated preference for a topical treatment, start with Minoxidil 5% and Nizoral. No need for Xandrox yet, save that weapon for later if the initial treatments don't give you enough juice.

Use the Nizoral 3-4 times a week, your normal shampoo the other days, and religiously apply the Minoxidil 2 times a day. The spironolactone is a nice addition, I use it and like it, but keep in mind that the 5% is a cream which is only good on completely bald areas, or in the front hairline. In the rest of the hair it gets messy, so it will probably be an evening-only treatment for you. If you did want a cleaner version of spironolactone to use in the mornings, you might consider the 2% liquid?

I personally use standard Rogaine minoxidil in the evenings, and in the mornings I use Doctor Lee's 5% minoxidil because it dries quickly and isn't greasy. Just an idea for you. Good luck!

Balzar

Reaction score
Thanks guys!

Thank for your inputs! im pretty much a newbie on all this about hairloss. I will try to do everything to avoid propecia or finasteride, i dont really like the things i makes to the hormonal system.

Yes i would gladly use cheap generic minoxidil instead of regaine or xandrox 5%, but the thing is i live in Sweden (Eu) and EU has strict rules about what comes in and out of the country. I have already tried ordering minoxidil from Usa without any luck. But is the any webshops in EU-countrys that sells generic minoxidil?

And the idea about using spironolactone 2%, instead of 5% maybe also would be great. But where can i find that? And do you think i can keep my hairsituation i already have with just spirolotion/solution day and night?

Does anyone of you know how long the spirolotion or cream has to stay in the scalp before being washed out?

All your advices is great, if anyone could help me with this i would be glad!