Xandrox and heart rate

momo

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm using xandrox only for 2 weeks and been experiencing increased heart rate and sort of dizzyness after the appliaction.
I used upjohn's rogaine 8 months before and never had this.
I think lee's minoxidil solutions penetrate the skin easily due to the high level of alcohol.

It is very scary. Anyone share the same experience or can enlighten me on this matter?

Akshawnd

Reaction score
momo,

I just started using plain old Sams' Clubs generic 5% Minoxidil (3rd day) and I am getting similar effects. I feel like I drank too much coffee for an hour or so after application. I was planning on stepping up to the Xandrox soon, but now I am also worried. Hopefully, it is something that we adapt to.

I'm thinking my face is already looking a little puffy, too. However, that may just be the beer and pizza diet.

doggfather

Established Member
Reaction score
akshawnd,
i think there's a warning on the box or insert stating that if you do get an increase in heart rate or palpitations that you should discontinue the use of minoxidil. So, you might want to consider dropping it if the side effects persist

momo

Established Member
Reaction score
That's correct. But here's the thing. I've been using rogaine for 8 months only once a day with no side effects (at least no apparent ones), and I had really great results. I think I'm a very good responder.

Then I switched to xandrox and used it twice a day. After about a week I started feeling the increase heart rate, so I believe this can be either the switch to xandrox, or using it twice a day.

In 2 days I'll start again with a lower dosage and only once a day and see what happens.

Akshawnd

Reaction score
doggfather said:
akshawnd,
i think there's a warning on the box or insert stating that if you do get an increase in heart rate or palpitations that you should discontinue the use of minoxidil. So, you might want to consider dropping it if the side effects persist

Dogg,

I'll try it a little bit longer and see if this doesn't subside. It's not like I feel as though I am on ephedrine but I certainly am noticing something. I just hate to bail so early.

Then again, I would hate to bail out on life with a fatal grabber even more.