Xandrox 5% feedback needed

lunarjm

Reaction score
I've been buying Xandrox 5% from Dr. Lee at Minoxidil.com for a couple of years and was wondering if anyone had anything negative to say? The reason I'm asking is that I've only ever used Xandrox and not generic Minoxidil and just wanted to make sure Dr. Lee's concoction is respected by others. I trust the guy, I just wanted some feedback from others.

The Gardener

Reaction score
I trust him. I use his #500 minoxidil for my am applications.

His firm has always handled my minoxidil orders with professionalism, discretion, and speed, he has never tried to push or "sell" any products on me other than what I order, and he has always taken time to respond promptly to all email questions that I have had. In my mind, Dr Lee sells a very handy product (#500) at a very fair price.

Frankly I am glad that there is an MD out there who actually HAS specialized in hairloss, is keeping up with trends and studies, experiments with new topical formulations, and is responsive and respecting of any and all questions that one has about the mechanics of hairloss. This is more than can be said about 99% of most MDs, as well as 99% of most other "online pharmacy" type operations.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
well it's still too expesive in my opinion

lunarjm

Reaction score
I'm just wondering if it's worth it to buy Xandrox just to get Azelaic Acid, when I could get Kirkland's Min for a lot less?

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I agree with Gardener about Lee's professionalism. However, if you can trust my word, azelaic acid is a waste of time,
get on finasteride or dutasteride and just use any cheap minoxidil.
if you care about how your hair looks, get rogaine foam at 50$ for 4 months. (cheaper and better than Lee's any minoxidil including #500).

PS, I have used all of Lee's products (from regular minoxidil to with azelaic acid 5, 10, 12.5, 15, spironolactone, retinA shampoo etc).

I have moved to rogaine foam. If you have money to spend, spend it on copper peptides or spironolactone.

lunarjm

Reaction score
techprof said:
I agree with Gardener about Lee's professionalism. However, if you can trust my word, azelaic acid is a waste of time,
if you care about how your hair looks, get rogaine foam at 50$ for 4 months. (cheaper and better than Lee's any minoxidil including #500).

PS, I have used all of Lee's products (from regular minoxidil to with azelaic acid 5, 10, 12.5, 15, spironolactone, retinA shampoo etc).

I have moved to rogaine foam. If you have money to spend, spend it on copper peptides or spironolactone.

I think I'm moving to generic minoxidil, but it seems like a lot of people are switching to the Rogaine foam. I've heard mixed reviews about it...leaves a sticky residue, smells bad, etc. Have you used the foam before and if so could you give some feedback? Also where is a cheap place to get the foam? Thanks.

lunarjm

Reaction score
Far Too Young said:
Techprof,

Where are you gettting Rogaine Foam for $50/4 Months?

That's what I'm asking? I thought the foam was more like $30 a month?

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
fartoo young and lunar
sams club and costco sell it for 50$.
walmart sells 3 months supply for 45$.

ebay might be even cheaper

G

techprof said:

like you :)
but I prefer Lee's products to every other brand (Rogaine/Kirkland etc)

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
let me add one more good thing about Lee.
Of all the doctors and sites that sell products to hairloss sufferers his shipping and handling rate is the best. He doesn't charge for handling. Sometimes the actual stamp on the package is more that we he charges you for.

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Far Too Young said:
Techprof,

Where are you gettting Rogaine Foam for $50/4 Months?

COSTCO

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The Gardener said:
I trust him. I use his #500 minoxidil for my am applications.

His firm has always handled my minoxidil orders with professionalism, discretion, and speed, he has never tried to push or "sell" any products on me other than what I order, and he has always taken time to respond promptly to all email questions that I have had. In my mind, Dr Lee sells a very handy product (#500) at a very fair price.

Frankly I am glad that there is an MD out there who actually HAS specialized in hairloss, is keeping up with trends and studies, experiments with new topical formulations, and is responsive and respecting of any and all questions that one has about the mechanics of hairloss. This is more than can be said about 99% of most MDs, as well as 99% of most other "online pharmacy" type operations.

How long are you using it and how is it working out for you?

I am very curious. I use the foam in the AM b/c it's convenient before work and the xandrox 15% at night f/b 5% spironolactone to the hairline and temple points. Do you feel it is helping? Any growth?

I agree with what you said, they are very professional and never tried to push anything on me either.

thanks,
LG