XANDROX 15

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
I'm sorry you feel that way. However I've not misunderstood anything. THe evidence you speak of is weak at best and actually were still all waiting for you to give us this evidence. Until then you can insult me all you like. You say I'm misleading newbies and that's just wrong. I'm looking out for their best interest while you would rather them experiment with things that may or may not work. You need to prove your theory that no matter what more is better when it comes to minoxidil on the human scalp. You still have not.
I'm a big fan of 5% minoxidil and would love to belive that the higher concentrations work better but the evidence is weak.
There are countless scenarios where something is proven on paper then fails miserably when tested in the real world and in the situation it's was originally thought to work.That is why it needs to be tested and proven.

I find it interesting that someone who thinks the higher concentrations work better is still using the original 5% minoxidil....and says he MIGHT try xandrox later down the road. That alone speaks volumes.

BHD

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
mvpsoft said:
It's not like there is a magic "formula" and altering it means that a whole new study needs to be done. Minoxidil works, the higher the dosage, the more it works. That much we know. Xandrox is minoxidil; therefore it works.

yea and I go to work therfore I get paid and life is just hunky dory :roll:

Ahhh if logic was only that simple life would be so easy :D
Let's use xandrox 5% as an example:

You have a differnt % of a vehicle, which may affect absobtion and effectiveness of the minoxidil
You have the introduction of a new ingredient which may or may not make the minoxidil more or less effective.
This added ingredient may have negative effects on the scalp which may interfere with the effectiveness of the minoxidil.
The extra alcohol in xandrox may help minoxidil absorb too easily resulting in side effects.

THere are just a few reasons why it would be nice to see some sort of study.

So to take the more minoxidil is always better no matter what mentality is misleading and dangerous

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
BadHairDecade said:
I find it interesting that someone who thinks the higher concentrations work better is still using the original 5% minoxidil....and says he MIGHT try xandrox later down the road. That alone speaks volumes.
More nonsense. I'm getting regrowth on my regimen, why would I change? However, if I could only use minoxidil once a day, I would be using 1 ml of the 15% Xandrox, unless it irritated my scalp, because that is equivalent to using 3 ml of 5% minoxidil that I use now, which is about the amount I'm using. I may try it anyway simply for the convenience of using it only once a day, but so far a twice daily application normally fits into my schedule.

There is only one added ingredient, azeliec acid. It does not interfere with minoxidil. The carrier is mostly alcohol, which is known to be effective.

Minoxidil is dose dependent, this is not speculation or hearsay. It's a known fact, it's been proven with studies conducted by Pfizer. The minoxidil in Xandrox is the same as the minoxidil that's in Kirkland and in Rogaine. The carrier in Xandrox is known to be effective. The only question is whether 15% Xandrox is tolerable by one's scalp.

I can't help it if you don't understand how this stuff works, but those are the facts.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
More nonsense. I'm getting regrowth on my regimen, why would I change?
Because acording to you more minoxidil will without a doubt work better.
Put your money where your mouth is, if you truly think more is better. Hell it will even be easier for you since you only need to apply it once a day.

So you recommend to a newbie to use higher concentrations of minoxidil since it will work better but your not willing to do it yourself...then you say I'm misleading newbies. Sweet :!:

there's so much more to it than just 1+1=2, but if that's the way you think then so be it. You made your point I've made mine. I've tried to say this twice before...I'm sorry I just don't agree with you. Let it go bro :) However we're still patiently waiting for you to provide all this evidence you speak of that no matter what, more minoxidil will always without a doubt work better :D

BHD

Gumbo boy

Reaction score
I've used Xandrox 15 for the past year with good results.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
that's good to here :D care to elaborate?

Gumbo Boy's Regimen
1.25 mg finasteride
15% Xandrox 1x/day
Amashiso 1x/day
Spalo (spironolactone/aloe) 2x/day

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
that's good to here :D care to elaborate?

You should fill out your Regimen so people know your having results on it. :)

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
BadHairDecade said:
More nonsense. I'm getting regrowth on my regimen, why would I change?
No, my point has been that it won't work worse. He said that he could only use minoxidil once a day, I suggested Xandrox 15% as an option, and you said that Xandrox doesn't work. I simply have been pointing out all along that your claim is incorrect, that a single 1 ml application of Xandrox 15% will likely work as well as two 1.5 ml applications of 5% minoxidil. That is, if one's scalp can tolerate the Xandrox, which of course is a potential problem.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
mvpsoft said:
BadHairDecade said:
mvpsoft said:
No, my point has been that it won't work worse.

mvpsoft said:
Minoxidil works, the higher the dosage, the more it works

mvpsoft said:
I suggested Xandrox 15% as an option, and you said that Xandrox doesn't work.
Completely FALSE....Please show where I said Xandrox DOES NOT work. Your twisting my words.

The only thing I said is it "MAY NOT" and I'm not sold on the idea that it works as it's claimed to. "may not" and "does not" are not the same thing.
I also pointed out there there have been very few people to have seen results while using it. Then I also said there is a POSSIBILITY that it may not even work as good as regular 5% minoxidil because of the ingredients are different and the vehicle solution is different...
The vehicle solutuion and %'s are important since it detemines how much of the minoxidil can effectively be absorbed. Dr. Lee knows that there's also a stability issue for minoxidil (greater than 5%) in alcohol solutions. That's why the soultion is different and why there's a good POSSIBILITY that it may not work as well. The 15% solution is experimental. using more than 5% minoxidil is experimental. Then combining that with the fact that one's scalp may not tolerate it is a whole other issue.
There have also been complaints of it crystalizing among other problems.

Here's something interesting
This is from Dr. Lee´s site:

Q. What do I do if a precipitate forms in my bottle of Xandrox15?

A. Since the Xandrox15 is a highly saturated solution of minoxidil, there may be rare occasions when a precipitate will form in the bottle. If and when this happens, the capped bottle of Xandrox15 should be placed in water that has been heated to gently simmering temperatures and shaken vigorously. As long as the bottle of Xandrox15 is kept tightly capped, it can be kept in the heated water for prolonged periods, until all the minoxidil goes back into solution.

Did you know that Dr. Lee doesn't suggest starting out with Xandrox15 and that you should use it when 5% solutions fail.

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
BadHairDecade said:
Completely FALSE....Please show where I said Xandrox DOES NOT work. Your twisting my words.

The only thing I said is it "MAY NOT" and I'm not sold on the idea that it works as it's claimed to. "may not" and "does not" are not the same thing.
BadHairDecade on page 1 of this thread said:
save your money and skip the xandrox 15...I've yet to hear one good report about it.
Honestly dude if it worked really well, we'd be hearing something about it.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
mvpsoft said:
BadHairDecade said:

save your money and skip the xandrox 15...I've yet to hear one good report about it.
[quote="BadHairDecade on page 1 of this thread":8feea]Honestly dude if it worked really well, we'd be hearing something about it.
[/quote:8feea]

Saaawing and a miss :lol: Dude your kidding right?....that's a far cry from me saying "Xandrox does not work" which you seem to think I said :lol:

Those quotes are opinions/suggestions based on observation....you're really reaching now :lol: Too funny

:!: How bout we look a little deeper to where I even said it was an opinion in the next sentence. :!:

Honestly dude if it worked really well, we'd be hearing something about it. I use 5% minoxidil 2x/day with finasteride/nizoral and having great results so maybe my opinion is a little biased....
I bold faced "opinion" for you since you apparantly missed it the first time.

Never once have I stated "Xandrox does not work" as a fact.

Thanks for posting that again though...As it's still my advice to anyone starting a minoxidil regimen :)

kisstopherp

Reaction score
GUYS GUYS GUYS, take a deep breath WOW. Usually when i ask for responses i get like 1 or 2. It's appreciated. I have after a long thought decided to go with dr.lees 5% minoxidil plus rentin begining the first of january wheen i will also shave my head down. Because i have never used minoxidil i would assume that 12.5% and 15% would be too strong intially. I would take propecia but both doctors i went to (one female one male) advised against it, and wouldn't prescribe it too me unless i absolutely felt i needed to have (which i didn't). Both said to me to do things to hold on as long as possible until i can afford a Hair transplant, which they recommended as the best alternative. will shall see. Thanks.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
These arguments are usually good natured and there is much information to be had by them even this one :)

I can't beleive that a doctor with any up to date knowledge about hairloss would say a hair transplant is your best option.

Please tell me you went to a dermatologists and not a GP.
Hair transplant Dr.'s recommend using Propecia before getting a hair transplant.
When I went to a hair transplant Dr for a cosultation he said try Propecia first for a year and gave me a year script...Thank god I did. No need for a transplant now. My only regrets was that I didn't start sooner.
Keep in mind that most hair transplants require additional hair transplants down the road
If by rentin you meant retin-a read below.

Dr. Lee's minoxidil with Retin-A (any minoxidil solution with retin-A) is only recommended for night time applications. Here's a qoute from his site.

retinoic acid is decomposed by strong light, it should only be applied at night.
INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW AND WHEN TO USE

If you are just starting to use minoxidil containing Retinoic Acid, apply solution only once during first week, twice only during second week, etc., until you have acclimated to it. Apply regular minoxidil solution on all other nights.

Do not use for morning application

Use only for nighttime application

If flaking, redness, and soreness persists for longer than two weeks, stop using and consult with Dr. Lee at DrLee@xandrox.com,

Good luck and keep us up to date on your situation.

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
kisstopherp said:
I have after a long thought decided to go with dr.lees 5% minoxidil plus rentin begining the first of january wheen i will also shave my head down. Because i have never used minoxidil i would assume that 12.5% and 15% would be too strong intially.
Keep in mind that retin-A is a strong exfoliant and almost certainly will cause skin peeling -- in fact, that's what it's designed to do. This should increase minoxidil absorption because the retin-A clears away some of the top epidermal layer, which is made of dead skin cells. Furthermore, retin-A may also help to stimulate hair regrowth, since when the top layer of skin cells is sloughed off, the body responds by regenerating new skin cells underneath. However, this means that you almost certainly will see scalp irritation, at least at first.

I have been using a product (sparingly) called Minsaw-A. It has 7% minoxidil plus Retin-A. I started using it once a week and used Kirkland 5% minoxidil the other 13 times. Then I went to twice a week, and now I'm up to 3 times a week. The Retin-A concentration in Minsaw-A is .025%, the lowest dose available, I believe.

The bottom line is that a product containing Retin-A will almost certainly cause irritation, and you probably won't be able to use it twice a day until you work up to that, and it might take months to work up to that usage level. OTOH, Retin-A should theoretically help with combatting hair loss in the two ways in which I've described, which is why I'm increasing my usage of the minoxidil product containing it.

You might want to consider whether starting with a minoxidil product with Retin-A is your best bet. Perhaps using it occasionally along with a straight minoxidil product such as Kirkland (manufactured by Pfizer), and gradually going to greater use of the minoxidil containing Retin-A, is a safer approach. For me, putting Retin-A on my head twice a day would leave it a bleeding, raw mess after less than a week.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
MVPSOFT....You should add retin-a in your regimen so people know you use it. It could be very beneficial to someone

jimmyz

Reaction score
Hi guys! I watched some photos of yours and it seems you have achieved very good results. My hair is just getting thin in the front. The V pattern i think it is called.

Would you recommend Propecia with Regaine? Do you know of any bad side effects over time? Or perhaps it is even healthy since i read that there is a connection between heart disease and male hairloss?

Or is there any topical product that can work as well as Propecia?

Thank you

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Where did you read that there is a connection between heart disease and hair loss? I have seen nothing about that, take a lot of what you read with a very, very large grain of salt. Most of it, even a lot of it here unfortunately, is uninformed speculation and just pure BS.

How long have you been taking propecia? If you are young and your hair loss is in its beginning stages, you might want to give propecia at least a year of regular use (don't skip days) before adding anything else. That may be all you need for a while, even years, and why add things that are unnecessary. OTOH, if you are older or your hair loss has been going on for a while, add 2% Nizoral shampoo three times a week, and/or minoxidil 5% twice a day. Another good option at any stage is a copper peptide topical, either American Crew, Tricomin or Folligen.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
Jimmyz...I agree with MVP. However your question is off-topic in this thread. If you want more responses create a new topic over in the General Hairloss Discussion Forum or in this Forum.
Even before doing that I suggest you read some of the articles on this site if you haven't already.
Here's a great one to start out with
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/research/men/index.htm

bombscience

Reaction score
Hey what's up everyone, I missed this thread, but I would like to say that:

I USE XANDROX 15%.

When i started using xandrox 15% i hadn't used minoxidil in 4 months because it wasn't really "working" for me. Since starting xandrox 15% i've noticed a huge decrease shedding hair. No, I haven't regrown any hair, but it was the first hairloss product to actually give me a noticable decrease in my hairloss. Secondly, it didn't result in an increase in scalp irritation.

I do used a 5% minoxidil concentration during the day as well. AND I'm using Dutasteride as a DHT reducer. However, I would like to stress that...

I have only stopped shedding as much since i started xandrox 15%

Becks

Reaction score
bombscience -

are u experiencing any increase of facial hair ?

I tried 15 Xandrox and all out of a sudden; i had hair's under/around my EYES .