XANDROX 15

kisstopherp

Reaction score
HAS ANYONE USED IT? ANY RESULTS TO REPORT? I am really intrigued by it and I am seriously considering it. Is there something else that Dr.lee sells that i sould consider instead. Has anyone had any problems ordering it and recieving it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. the only thing in my current regimin is vitamin b complex (all the vitamin b's including b6 the most important) and nizoral, so i need to start others things quickly. Thanks.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
save your money and skip the xandrox 15...I've yet to hear one good report about it.
Go with generic or rogaine 5% minoxidil 2x/day. If you really want a good regimen start up on Finasteride/minoxidil/nizoral.
Since we don't know much about your situation it's hard to recommend anything however.
Hpe this helps.

BHD

Hollywood7

Reaction score
Xandrox

THat is interesting that Xandrox 15% minoxidil would not be effecting.....is this possible?

Any info would be appreciated...thank you.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Its really strong. For many people its way too strong and ends up doing more harm than good. Might be overkill for them.

HairLossTalk.com

kisstopherp

Reaction score
So is 12.5 enough? I want to use the best stuff possible. I'm not concerned with the price difference between xandrox and generic. The reason i liked xandrox was the fact you only had to apply it 1 a day and it had (while not 100% proven) dht reducing components unlike generic minoxidil. Thanks for the responses, please keep them coming.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
kisstopherp said:
So is 12.5 enough? I want to use the best stuff possible. I'm not concerned with the price difference between xandrox and generic. The reason i liked xandrox was the fact you only had to apply it 1 a day and it had (while not 100% proven) dht reducing components unlike generic minoxidil. Thanks for the responses, please keep them coming.

Honestly dude if it worked really well, we'd be hearing something about it. I use 5% minoxidil 2x/day with finasteride/nizoral and having great results so maybe my opinion is a little biased....It's not about price for me either since I use rogaine brand minoxidil and Propecia brand finasteride.
It's not proven enough for me to switch.

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Xandrox basically is simply really strong minoxidil. If you can tolerate it, it will work as well or better than 5% minoxidil. But since it's so strong, you only need to use it once a day. If you're going to use minoxidil anyway, and your schedule makes using it twice a day difficult, then give it a try. The only real question is whether your scalp can tolerate it, and you don't know the answer to that question unless you try it.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
mvpsoft said:
If you can tolerate it, it will work as well or better than 5% minoxidil.
I respectfully disagree... There's a possibility it may be less effective in higher concentrations.
Don't get me wrong I think Dr. Lee is a good asset to the hairloss community. I even occasionally use his regular 5% minoxidil since it dries much quicker than all the other minoxidil brands. I'm just not sold on the idea that 12.5 and 15% minoxidil are more effective than plain old 5%.
Guess I'm just not into experimenting and possibly losing what I've gained. JMHO.

BHD

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
There's a possibility that the moon is made of blue cheese two, but it's pretty darn unlikely. If any topical causes prolonged scalp irritation, it will not be effective, but that's the only way that Xandrox is less effective than 5% minoxidil. We know that in general, the higher the concentration, the more effective that minoxidil. Saying that something is possible, when it flies in the face of what we know, is misleading. Yes, it's possible. Is it likely? No, and the opposite is true, it's likely to be more effective.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
mvpsoft said:
There's a possibility that the moon is made of blue cheese two, but it's pretty darn unlikely.
well your arument is flawed...we all know it's made from munster. :lol:

As far as I know there has been no study to prove the concentrations of minoxidil higher than 5% are equally or more effective. Until there is something to prove this it's just a guess. I naturally lean to the more coservative side so I don't subscribe to the "more works better" school of thought.....We know 5% works better than 2% but that's it. That in no way means that 12.5% or 15% works better than 5%.

We take 1mg of finasteride because it's the most effective dose. Supposedly taking 5mg isn't going to make it work more effectively.

We just have two differnt opinions on this subject nothing wrong with that. :wink:

To the thread starter....Do a forum search for xandrox 15 if you want some opinions from people who are actually using the stuff....That should give you some info to form your own opinion. Good luck in whatever you choose.

BHD

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This is more than just a difference of opinion. There is evidence that minoxidil is dose dependent, that the more you get on your head, the more effective it will be. Dr. Lee says that 3 ml of 5% minoxidil is just as effective as 1 ml of 15% minoxidil, which the evidence supports, but try to get 3 ml on your head at one time without it running down your forehead and the back and sides of your head. If minoxidil is dose-dependent, which is pretty clearly established, then if you can tolerate 15% minoxidil, it is very likely to be more effective than lower concentrations, at the same dosage. Of course, you could accomplish the same thing as a single application of 1 ml of 15% minoxidil with two applications of 1.5 ml of 5% minoxidil. However, the claim that 1 ml of 15% minoxidil and 1 ml of 5% minoxidil are equivalent has no empirical support, but there is empirical data to suggest that it is false.

Here is what Lee says:
there is a threshold level at which atrophied hair follicles will respond to minoxidil to produce a terminal hair shaft again. A 15% minoxidil solution is much more likely to recruit hair follicles to grow again than is a 5% minoxidil solution to do so.
The problem with Xandrox can be tolerating such high concentration levels and high alcohol concentrations. Furthermore, Xandrox contains azeleic acid, which may also cause scalp irritation in some people.

If 5% minoxidil works for you, and your schedule allows twice daily applications, then use it. I use it myself. But let's not pretend that there is no evidence that more minoxidil -- which is what you get in higher concentrations -- won't do more. The evidence is that it will.

Now, could there be a threshold at which more minoxidil won't be more effective, sort of a diminishing returns situation. Yes, that is possible, but so far there is no evidence of which I'm aware that establishes that. If you know of such a study, I would like to read it.

kisstopherp

Reaction score
Guys thanks for the responses. I don't know what to do now. I know that i won't be able to apply minoxidil 5% twice daily , i have NO time in the morning, always running late and thus it wouldn't be effective, however because i have never used xandrox before i fear that my scalp will be seriously irritated to the point of serious harm. I can't know for sure without trying. I will start literrally the first of January, I don't want to start the shedding before and during the holidays. I will do a search on shedding to see what i face. Let me know of your experiences. thanks

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
I'm not disputing that there is some evidence, just not enough or the kind that proves without a doubt that 12.5 and 15% concentrations of minoxidil are even as effective let alone more effective than 5%.
A person who is trying to sell it to you is the last person you look to for an opinion...Of course he's going try to support his claims. You need to look for unbiased evidence from a neutral source.

If you have a study that PROVES minoxidil concentrations higher than 5% are equally or more effective than 5% on the human scalp please share it with us :).

Unfortunately with such little physical evidence to support higher concentrations of minoxidil being more effective we have to partly rely on opinions of users...

There's not enough evidence for me to beleive that higher concentrations of minoxidil is more effective.....However If for whatever reason I have no other weapon in my arsenal for combatting hairloss I would consider using it.....If the proven stuff doesn't work then it's time to experiment with the other stuff like Revivogen, Xandrox, spironolactone.

I guess that was kind of my adive to the original poster. Use the stuff that has been tested and proven to work on the human scalp in concetrations recommended by the FDA first (ex 1mg finasteride and 5% minoxidil 2x/day). If that doesn't work take the lesser proven route. Applying 2x/day can be a pain in the arse but you have to make some sacrifices to fight hairloss.

kisstopherp...I know this is a tough decision and it's one you have to read up on and decide if it's for you.
Good luck on whatever route you take. Just be sure to check in and let us know how its going.
Hairloss can be fought....click on "my Regimen" then click the web address to see the results I've had on "The big 3". Keep in mind I started when my hairloss had gotten pretty bad. 10 years worth of loss is a hard thing to come back from.

BHD

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
BadHairDecade said:
However If for whatever reason I have no other weapon in my arsenal for combatting hairloss I would consider using it.....If the proven stuff doesn't work then it's time to experiment with the other stuff like Revivogen, Xandrox, spironolactone.
Sorry, but this makes no sense. Xandrox simply is minoxidil, with one additional ingredient. It is proven.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
mvpsoft said:
BadHairDecade said:
However If for whatever reason I have no other weapon in my arsenal for combatting hairloss I would consider using it.....If the proven stuff doesn't work then it's time to experiment with the other stuff like Revivogen, Xandrox, spironolactone.
Sorry, but this makes no sense. Xandrox simply is minoxidil, with one additional ingredient. It is proven.

So if you add minoxidil to urine does that make it proven..Personally I'd say NO :) From a legal standpoint I guess you could say it's FDA approved but you could say that about Avacor since I beleive it has minoxidil in it and we all know that doesn't work and is a big scam. Xandrox is still an experimental form of a minoxidil solution just one of the better and more trusted ones.
Azalaic acid is the extra ingredient in xandrox...Just another experimental hairloss treatment that looks good on paper but seems to fall short on the human scalp.

BHD

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Again, this is silly, minoxidil is proven. Furthermore, all data to date indicates that the more minoxidil, the more effective it is, that's what dose dependent means. Adding something else to it doesn't make it less proven, unless that extra ingredient somehow interferes with the activity or absorption of the minoxidil. Azelaic acid does neither; in fact, it is a mild skin exfoliant, if my understanding is correct, and exfoliants are well-known to aid in the uptake of other stuff into the skin because they reduce the outside dead epidermal layer.

There is no reason to add ridiculous ingredients, but even if you did, that doesn't change the facts about minoxidil. Stop leading a newbie astray, BHD, there is not a single shred of evidence to support your speculation, and there is evidence against it.

As far as scalp irritation goes, if your scalp gets irritated, stop using the product, and it will recover. Using a coal tar based shampoo such as T-Gel also aids considerably in reducing or eliminating scalp irritation, many of us have found.

Your statement about Avacor is also false. It is a scam not because it doesn't work -- it contains 2% minoxidil -- but because it is a horribly over-priced version of minoxidil. The makers of Avacor imply that their product is somehow unique, but the reason it works is because of the minoxidil. They simply charge much, much more than what you can get 2% minoxidil for elsewhere, and they don't disclose that fact.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
I think the important distinction here with Xandrox is that a lot of people report that it is too strong for them, partially because of the *other* ingredients in it. Some can tolerate it. Those who barely tolerate a regular 5% minoxidil solution sometimes can't even touch the 12% or 15% stuff. I have heard a good 40% of guys say that it was too rough on their scalp, and anything that is like that will not help hair loss, usually, even if minoxidil is in it. So the important distinction isn't that it has minoxidil, its moreso what else its got... like Retin-A and etc....

HairLossTalk.com

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yep, scalp irritation can be an issue with anything strong, as I identified in my first post. But scalp irritation is distinct from the nonsense that BHD was spewing, and I didn't want him misleading a newbie. The only way you can tell whether a product will cause scalp irritation is to try it.

Let's put it this way. You use Revivogen, but it also can cause scalp irritation. However, that's no reason to say it doesn't work, only a reason to say try it and see if your scalp can tolerate it. I would say the same for Xandrox, except that we know that minoxidil is effective. When my two remaining bottles of Kirkland 5% minoxidil are gone I may give 15% Xandrox a try myself, but I'll buy only one bottle at first in case my scalp doesn't tolerate it.

BTW, 15% Xandrox doesn't contain Retin-A. It contains azeliec acid. Retin-A is much harder on skin than azeliec acid is.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
MVP,
Your just not getting what I'm saying and you seem to not be able to accept that there are other people who don't rely on speculative evidence.

Your right minoxidil is proven to work on the human scalp in the formula that was approved for fighting hairloss by the FDA. Once you alter the vehicle and start adding ingredients to "improve" it. It's no longer the same formula and no longer is the same thing that was tested and approved.

mvpsoft said:
Stop leading a newbie astray, BHD, there is not a single shred of evidence to support your speculation, and there is evidence against it.

There doesn't need to be evidence to prove something doesn't work. There needs to be hard proven evidence that altering a proven formula (standard 5% minoxidil) DOES work on the human scalp. To date, there isn't one study that shows any form of xandrox is equally or more effective than the original formula of Minoxidil when applied to the human scalp. The vehicle percentages are different and there are added ingredients. Like I said before, I'm not saying that there isn't evidence to say it works. Just that the evidence isn't all that strong and hasn't been tested on the human scalp.

I'm hardly leading a newbie astray. If anyone is it's you. Basically your giving the impresion that no matter how you use minoxidil and in whatever concentration, it's going to work as good or better than the original formula of minoxidil. Even though the vehicle %'s are differnt and they've added ingredients, and it's never been tested on the human scalp and proven to grow hair you insist that the higher the concentration the better it works.

How is saying, "use the stuff that's proven to work in the concentrations it was tested on the human scalp first before experimenting with higher concentrations" leading a newbie astray.I've said this pretty much from the start.

Conclusion:
I personally don't feel there is enough evidence to support higher concetrations of minoxidil or altering the original formula is equally or more effective than the original formula.
You do feel there is enough evidence.
Why can't we leave it at that. Like I said before it's a disagreement, and we're both starting to sound like a broken record.

BHD

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You don't seem to understand minoxidil or the nature of the studies, BHD. It's not like there is a magic "formula" and altering it means that a whole new study needs to be done. Minoxidil works, the higher the dosage, the more it works. That much we know. Xandrox is minoxidil; therefore it works. The only question is whether the higher concentration of minoxidil and/or the azeleic acid and/or the absorption agent (carrier) will cause scalp irritation. Might there be an upper limit after which higher concentrations of minoxidil don't work? Possible, but extremely unlikely. There is not a single shred of evidence to think that, and there is evidence to think it's not true.

In your misunderstanding, you're leading others to incorrect conclusions.