X190's story

X190

Established Member
Reaction score
...I was on top of the world with my treatments and regimens, not minding hairloss as much as the 2 years prior that I joined up on here. Today I look at myself in the mirror and realize just how time has flown and every quarter inch of hairline that I'll never get back. Funny how sometimes you decide to leave the world of sharing your pain and misery here in the forums and decide to live life, meet interesting people, date great women, and then a few years later find yourself in here all over again.

If there is anyone that can relate please share your input. I just had one of those days that I looked at my head and realized how far my loss has progressed despite my ever-successful regimens... sigh...

-X

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
Re: As little as 5 years back...

X190 said:
...I was on top of the world with my treatments and regimens, not minding hairloss as much as the 2 years prior that I joined up on here. Today I look at myself in the mirror and realize just how time has flown and every quarter inch of hairline that I'll never get back. Funny how sometimes you decide to leave the world of sharing your pain and misery here in the forums and decide to live life, meet interesting people, date great women, and then a few years later find yourself in here all over again.

If there is anyone that can relate please share your input. I just had one of those days that I looked at my head and realized how far my loss has progressed despite my ever-successful regimens... sigh...

-X

what treatments were u on? and for how long?

G

antonio666 said:
proves treatments are no match for this disease

how many times have you said this? how many more times will you?

check out the success stories. there's hundreds.

G

hair today gone tomorrow said:
JayMan said:
antonio666 said:

those could be short term success stories...what happens in 5 years or so?

gillenator has maintained his hair for 11 years on a finasteride only regimen. i don't think he bothered to make a success story but there are plenty of people like him out there.

and i really can't believe people are putting so much stock in what the little boy says when he's only been on his regimen for 4 months. haven't you people heard of hair cycles?

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
JayMan said:
JayMan said:
antonio666 said:

gillenator has maintained his hair for 11 years on a finasteride only regimen. i don't think he bothered to make a success story but there are plenty of people like him out there.

and i really can't believe people are putting so much stock in what the little boy says when he's only been on his regimen for 4 months. haven't you people heard of hair cycles?

my friend, who lives the next street over, has been on finasteride for 4 years and this past year its started to go down hill again.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
*Also male pattern baldness is not a disease.

How many more times are people going to say this?

Androgenetic Alopecia is recognised as a disease. I have many studies on my Hard drive that refer to Androgenetic Alopecia as such. male pattern baldness is an androgen mediated disease, similar to that of acne.

Hairloss over the whole head as we age is part of the normal aging process like greu hair and wrinkles. But Androgenetic Alopecia is not natural, esp when people as young as 14 to early 20s are losing their hair...

It may not be life threatening, but it is still a disease/disorder all the same.

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
my friend, who lives the next street over, has been on finasteride for 4 years and this past year its started to go down hill again.

oh well, everybody's different .. :/ tell him to neck some dutasteride.

I'd be happy if I had 2 or 3 years of decent hair. I dont mind going bald in my early 30s. and maybe by then HM will be an option.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
flimflam said:

I'd be happy if I had 2 or 3 years of decent hair. I dont mind going bald in my early 30s. and maybe by then HM will be an option.

hes not gonna take dutasteride....after this hes done...it will be buzz for him...he is only 22...hell be 23 later this year.

G

JayMan said:
[quote="hair today gone tomorrow":82529]
JayMan said:
antonio666 said:

my friend, who lives the next street over, has been on finasteride for 4 years and this past year its started to go down hill again.[/quote:82529]

damn server keeps eating my posts. i swear it feels like i already responded to this.

anyway,

antonio used the anecdote to say that treatments areno match for it. i responded with an anecdote and then you did. but plenty of people on this forum are having success, in fact it's probably fair to say that a majority of people on here are getting at least maintenance, so it's kinda ridiculous to say that the treatments are no match for it. how many people on this site do you see who are on dutasteride and have given it an appropriate amount of time to work and not seeing at least maintenance? antonio doesn't count because 4 months is not enough time to assess. global and slarti are having great success on dutasteride, and so was aplunk, so am i.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
JayMan said:
JayMan said:
[quote="hair today gone tomorrow":6441e]
JayMan said:
antonio666 said:

d*** server keeps eating my posts. i swear it feels like i already responded to this.

anyway,

antonio used the anecdote to say that treatments areno match for it. i responded with an anecdote and then you did. but plenty of people on this forum are having success, in fact it's probably fair to say that a majority of people on here are getting at least maintenance, so it's kinda ridiculous to say that the treatments are no match for it. how many people on this site do you see who are on dutasteride and have given it an appropriate amount of time to work and not seeing at least maintenance? antonio doesn't count because 4 months is not enough time to assess. global and slarti are having great success on dutasteride, and so was aplunk, so am i.[/quote:6441e]

we know it will prob work now...but im talkin about in 5,6,7 years from now...LONG term..not just for a year or two or 3.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
another thing..im sure youve read about some of the horror stories people have had on dutasteride...shedding without regrowth, etc.

maybe those people didnt stay on the drug long enough....but with the number of bad reports ive seen, i cant say that everyone has at least maintained on dutasteride.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
flimflam said:
[quote="hair today gone tomorrow":cef2d]

hes not gonna take dutasteride....after this hes done...it will be buzz for him...he is only 22...hell be 23 later this year.[/quote:cef2d]

then he doesn't get to choose sh*t. I mean ppl are complaining this and that yet they dont wanna get bald. It's either dutasteride or bald.

Pereira

Established Member
Reaction score
wow this topic made me realise that i'm having some sucess with the treatments and thinking on going down the hill all over again.. :freaked: now it doesn't seem possible.. but i know i condemned.. and hurts like hell thinking about it..

G

flimflam said:

Haha, yeah it's funny how it's always the next couple of years everyone wants to keep their hair for. I'll be 25 in November, and I'm thinking that if I could hold on until I'm 26-27 I'd be happy.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
GrowHairGrow! said:
flimflam said:
[quote="hair today gone tomorrow":05fa4]

Haha, yeah it's funny how it's always the next couple of years everyone wants to keep their hair for. I'll be 25 in November, and I'm thinking that if I could hold on until I'm 26-27 I'd be happy.[/quote:05fa4]

I am a bit more greedy, I hope I can keep the hair til late 30, then I won't be asking much. I really don't think a perfect cure will be out in my life time. Well by the time it comes out, I most likely won't give too much sh*t about my hair already. (in 20 years)

Trash

Reaction score
well hairloss is a rollercoastride... ups and downs...
even if you are on treatments there will be ups and downs...

i expirienced it myself... got a growth boost after about 3 months on finasteride...
we all know finasteride is not "the cure"
now its a year and i would say i ve already lost 10 % again and maintaining for now...

well thats life

G

Damn, your posts are really depressing me. I am starting to realize that even if I might have some success I might lose it in a few years. You guys seem to be easy about that, but I can not. i want hair all my life, well, maybe I might accept a Norwood 3 at 60 with good density, but not at 30. I can´t live like that. I am so scared of what the future will bring for me and my loved ones up there. :( :(