Wts3's Big 3 + Dermarolling Journey

WTS3

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey folks, thought I would use the thread as an opportunity to track my hair loss on the typical recommended routine. Hopefully I can provide some realistic expectations on what to expect with with a regimen of this caliber which is arguably our only hope apart from a transplant or feminizing drugs. I've been frequenting this website when my hair loss began approximately 2 years ago. Like many, it started of slowly but became an issue when I started to lose density thanks to aggressive diffuse thinning in a NW7 pattern.

For reference, I'm 23, birthday is in 2 months. My hairline slowly started to creep backwards around 21 but hadn't started to thin until around 8 months ago. I would guess I'm in the NW2 range as far as my hairline is concerned but I'm a diffuse thinner which is an extra kick to the nuggets. I just finished my 2nd month on the big 3 and incorporated dermarolling last month. I'm not terribly hopeful as most excellent responders see early progress, but if I could restore some density that would be great. If no results by the 18th month I will probably buzz it off. I was blessed with a head that suits it.

On that note, I buzzed it down for my baseline pics 2 months ago so progress could be more visible but I've decided to let it grow some in case density returned and so I could "attempt" to style it.

My routine:
Minoxidil: 1x nightly
Finasteride: 1mg daily
Nizoral: M/W/F
Dermarolling every 2 days to help minoxidil absorption (0.5mm)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    85.2 KB · Views: 1,503
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    88.1 KB · Views: 1,483
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    49.2 KB · Views: 1,437
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    53.3 KB · Views: 1,406
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    58.4 KB · Views: 1,427
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    118.7 KB · Views: 1,776
Last edited:

WTS3

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Month 1 update:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    89.9 KB · Views: 963
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    75.3 KB · Views: 941
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    60.8 KB · Views: 913
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    58.4 KB · Views: 905
Reactions: Oro

WTS3

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And finally month 2 update.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    68.6 KB · Views: 1,145
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    84.7 KB · Views: 1,130
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    81.1 KB · Views: 1,143
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    129.2 KB · Views: 1,197

WTS3

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you apply minoxidil to whole scalp ?
perfect hairline ! you are lucky

The right temple has more obvious signs of recession. Maybe even further than NW2, but oddly my left temple has hardly receded at all, maybe only a NW1.5. It's a weird progression.

I apply minoxidil to the front 2inches of the hairline because I mistakenly bought foam. It has a difficult time reaching the top of my scalp. I plan on switching to liquid when the last of this 2 month supply ends. Hopefully the finasteride fends off some of the midscalp thinning until then.

inmyhead

Reaction score
Hey man, thanks for sharing results, i'm almost same age as yours with similiar loss. No sides from finasteride? I wish i could take that thing, but i get instant nipple pain lol. Anyway, your head looks quite nice, so even if you fail, ( which right now doesn't seem to be the case ) you will still look good. Stay strong.

WTS3

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man, thanks for sharing results, i'm almost same age as yours with similiar loss. No sides from finasteride? I wish i could take that thing, but i get instant nipple pain lol. Anyway, your head looks quite nice, so even if you fail, ( which right now doesn't seem to be the case ) you will still look good. Stay strong.
I did get a couple sides but none were major enough for me to consider stopping my only chance. The first month my libido was all over the place. Sometimes high, sometimes low. Right now it's on the lower side, maybe 60%. When I need to perform it's still quite easy to maintain an erection, it's just I don't necessarily "feel" like having sex as often. Water ejaculation resolved itself by the end of the first month. No ED or gyno to report of either.

WTS3

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just finished my 3rd bottle. Day 90 update pictures. Hair has a straw-like consistency.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    57.6 KB · Views: 1,141
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    56.6 KB · Views: 1,147
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    55 KB · Views: 1,080
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    245.2 KB · Views: 1,194
Last edited:

WTS3

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I should say that my hairline hasn't moved back or forward. Maybe it's asking too much for some slight regrowth around the hairline?

My update pictures might be deceiving as the hairs still are still weak and miniaturized at the roots. My hair is just longer now which hides the diffuse thinning some. I should also note that hair fall has dramatically reduced so unless I start a shed, at least I'm blessed with maintenance.

Still no side effects.

Last edited:

WTS3

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here is the newest update. Took minoxidil out of my regimen. It's my opinion that if you don't receive regrowth from it you're better off without it. Almost everyone on here understands the annoyance of repeated application, especially when something doesn't yield noticeable results.

I should also note several other changes to my routine. I've started microneedling far heavier and with more time in between. This is because I was originally mimicking somebody's routine for minoxidil absorbtion but now it would be better to try to trigger neogenisis. I've also added internal and topical MSM powder on the off chance it works as it has some anecdotal evidence. I've also started taking CoQ10 just for it's anti aging benefits in general but I recall a story from this board where an old member shared how he and his elderly parents regrew some hair and enhanced pigmentation with this supplement.

I should also note that I'm not really putting much weight in the supplements.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    60.7 KB · Views: 970
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    64.3 KB · Views: 1,039
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    84.1 KB · Views: 978
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    192.2 KB · Views: 958

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
hair looks amazing bro. you mentioned earlier that your hairline is nw2, are you sure you ain't nw1 by now?

WTS3

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hair looks amazing bro. you mentioned earlier that your hairline is nw2, are you sure you ain't nw1 by now?

Nah I'm seeing 0 results on the hairline. Just better coverage on top. Maybe the wounding will work on the hairline since I just upgraded to 1.5mm.

doyle11

Established Member
Reaction score
Should this not be in success stories? Another good result for a young diffuser

WTS3

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
While alternative treatments are controversial on this forum, I found that these supplements made positive improvements in my hair. Finasteride and wounding have maintained my hair but the quality was lifeless and stringy, diffuse sufferers will definitely know what I'm talking about. The supplements are:

MSM
CoQ10
Zinc
Magnesium Chloride
Iodine
Vitamin D

It's either those supplements or my essential oil infused castor oil. The difference in quality on top is cosmetically noticeable so this may be worth a try. I will update in just a few days when I'm finished moving.