Wtf????

fuugenes

Reaction score
So I've been suffering from some loss on my edges but at a time it stopped. I switched to better shampoos that are supposedly better for your hair but didn't do anything but make me shed a **** ton.

I took a bunch of blood tests a couple months ago, about 8, and the only thing that came up was a vitamin D deficiency. I'm on Vitamin D right now, but hair was still shedding. So I asked the doctor today what could it be and the only thing he told me was that it was nothing medical that could explain my hairloss ( besides it possibly being vitamin D.) The only thing he suspected it to be was shampoo, he said that some shampoos get the PH all messed up and it can kill your hair follicles.

My question is, do I have to get a specific blood test to view DHT levels, or do you guys think he really would've seen something out of the 8 tests they took from me? My vitamin D levels were pretty low btw. so hopefully that is the main cause and the vitamins I'm taking help over time, but in the meanwhile I'll back up off revita. It's only been making things worse.

Sorry if my story sounds off, I'm watching the hobbit while I type this.

tl:dr

1.edges took a hit
2. resorted to shampoos, but made me shed
3. doctor said I need more sun and vitamin D, but never mentioned propecia or minoxidil.
4. 2nd time I asked about my hair loss all he did was mention to stop new shampoos and give the vitamin D more time.

My question is if you need to take a specific blood test to see DHT levels, or would he have seen them from my full blood work exams?

Thanks for the help

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does it resemble a male pattern baldness pattern? Thinner at temples and/or crown. 99% of hair loss in males is male pattern baldness. If it is, start finasteride + minoxidil

fuugenes

Reaction score
Thx for the reply, and it's kinda hard to tell. It's really just 1 particular area on the left side of my temple thats receding a bit. My right side is mildly thinning, not too much concern tho. The hit is definitely bigger on the left. and it's paused there for about a year.

2 Questions .

1. Wheres a good place I can get finasteride online?
2. Is generic minodoxil ok? i.e equate brand from walmart?

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
1. Inhousepharmacy.vu
2. Yes generics are fine