Wtf? wheres da sperm?

Ian Curtis

Established Member
Reaction score
Ive been noticing watery semen, very clear water-like with little sperm.
Im on finasteride and this is one of the reported side effects..
My libido is normal...ill try not to masturbate or have sex for a few days and then jack it....ill see if it goes back to normal...
I also had a varicocele removed 2 years ago, but never noticed anything wrong with my ejaculations until lately(Im on 7 months of 5mg finasteride)...
you guys who get sides did you start having watery semen before or after decreased libido/impotence?

amsch

Reaction score
Im on 7 months of 5mg finasteride

You know that the reccomended dose is 1 mg, do you? 5 mg is proscar, which was used to treat prostate problems, not hairloss.

Ian Curtis

Established Member
Reaction score
I do know that, but the question still remains...did watery sperm come b4 or after decreased libido?

Mew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You know that the reccomended dose is 1 mg, do you? 5 mg is proscar, which was used to treat prostate problems, not hairloss.

Makes no difference what the dosage is, drug has near flat dose response so it inhibits near same amount of DHT until you get down to microscopic amounts... which means same side effects are possible at 0.25, 1mg, and 5mg.

Read and learn:
http://www.physics.upenn.edu/facultyinf ... peciafda2/

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Who gives a sh*t what their sperm is like? It's not like your f*****g penis dropped off dude. Get a grip.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Mew said:

Makes no difference what the dosage is, drug has near flat dose response so it inhibits near same amount of DHT until you get down to microscopic amounts... which means same side effects are possible at 0.25, 1mg, and 5mg.

Read and learn:
http://www.physics.upenn.edu/facultyinf ... peciafda2/

I have read that article before, one thing puzzles me is that in the second graph, it shows 0.05mg of finasteride lowers more Scalp Skin DHT than 0.20mg. Theoretically if we block enough Scalp Skin DHT, we should significantlly halt hair loss, so a dosage of 0.05mg daily should be the ideal recommanded amount? The marginal return on a 20x dose won't yeild the desired marginal return at all.

Ian Curtis

Established Member
Reaction score
iamnaked said:
Who gives a s*** what their sperm is like? It's not like your f****ing penis dropped off dude. Get a grip.
Ever heard of this new thing called perpetuation of the species? Im planning to pass my high quality genes to someone else on the near future...it would be advisable to have decent sperm...someone told me it was sort of necessary.

bubka

Reaction score
RaginDemon said:
I have read that article before, one thing puzzles me is that in the second graph, it shows 0.05mg of finasteride lowers more Scalp Skin DHT than 0.20mg. Theoretically if we block enough Scalp Skin DHT, we should significantlly halt hair loss, so a dosage of 0.05mg daily should be the ideal recommanded amount? The marginal return on a 20x dose won't yeild the desired marginal return at all.
I do not see how you see that by reading the graph
Ian Curtis said:
iamnaked said:
Who gives a s*** what their sperm is like? It's not like your f****ing penis dropped off dude. Get a grip.
Ever heard of this new thing called perpetuation of the species? Im planning to pass my high quality genes to someone else on the near future...it would be advisable to have decent sperm...someone told me it was sort of necessary.
How do you know it is your sperm that is reduced, and not one of the many other fluids that make up semen?

RaginDemon

Reaction score
bubka said:
RaginDemon said:
I do not see how you see that by reading the graph
Ian Curtis said:
iamnaked said:
How do you know it is your sperm that is reduced, and not one of the many other fluids that make up semen?

Figure 4, the first graph, the deducation in Scalp Skin DHT from 0.05mg is always identical to 1.0mg, whereas you see higher DHT level at 0.25mg

Ian Curtis

Established Member
Reaction score
bubka said:

err...sperm is the white thick substance that are spermatozoons and the rest is transparent water-like substance that comes from other glands, just like the substance that you get when you pre-ejaculate,right?

bubka

Reaction score
Yes, the two are within the margin of error and essentially the "same"

However, this infamous upenn web page does not include the data that showed the actual number of hairs that increased in the result of higher dosages.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
I am happy to report to your guys that finasteride has nothing to do with semen mobility even if you are experiencing some watery semen.

I c*m'd inside my gf once and now she is pregant, what is the odd of that?

Libido

Established Member
Reaction score
RaginDemon said:
I am happy to report to your guys that finasteride has nothing to do with semen mobility even if you are experiencing some watery semen.
Science agrees with you so far.
'Gongrats!' or 'That sucks!'. Guessing the former. :)