WTF! Look at this

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Have a look at this; http://www.askapatient.com/viewrating.a ... e=PROPECIA

Some of the stuff there is scary! I just started finasteride and if these reviews are true (why would they lie) then it certainly isnt worth some of these risks!
Whats everyones opinions on the stuff written here? My understanding was that any sexual sides were temporary? Not according to some users.

G

Yep, reading this is hard stuff. I also wonder about whether this is real or not. Why should these people lie? Though I try not to think about it so much, since it might make me paranoid. And what are my other options? i want to maintain my hair so I would still take it even if i would get those sides. i have no choice then taking Finasteride..... :(

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah its a bit painful to read alright. Although maintaining and growing hair is very important to me, if I was 100% certain id get these sides id stop takeing it now. If libido problems are temporary then thats ok but some people have been saying that even years are stopping the treatment things have not gone back to normal. Now I could dismiss that as either paranoia or something else but I dont believe that this many people could be wrong...

G

Well, paranoia may be the reason for many of the posts over there, but definetly not of all. Let´s just hope that we are among those who do not get these sides and the ones over there are just a tiny minority of exceptions. When you read through HairLossTalk.com you will see that most people tolerate it well and only have such minor problems as low libido or weight gain. Let´s be optimistic!

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ok, ive read alot now including a forum for people experiencing what seem to be permanent side effects and im officially freaked!! I really dont know if its worth the risk! Im actually considering shaving my head and quiting the treatment. Ive only been on it a week so it should be ok.
Is anyone else freaked by this stuff? :freaked:

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Holy crap guys, get it together?

You ask, why would anyone on the internet lie? Well if you believe everyone on the internet then you must believe that smearing jizz on your head regrows your hair, as told at regrowth.com

Haven't you ever heard of the placebo effect? Don't be lazy, seriously look this up. You can give people pills of sugar and they will claim that they are dying or becoming more healthy from it.

Haven't you heard those studies were they give people non alcaholic beer but don't stay its non-ahlcaholic as a study, and even though the beverages have no ahlcahol in them, people still act drunk?

Thats right, some people walked around tipsy like they were wasted after drinking beer, but the researchers didn't tell them it was non ahlcaholic to see how they would respond.

If you let your imagination run off, or are a hypocondriac, then yeah, you can imagine that propecia is the most deadly substance on earth

p.s. Why else would people lie? Open your eyes. Tons of scammers on these boards trying to peddle non-propecia crap like laser combs. Of course they will bash the big three so you buy their junk instead.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
WoW i dont get you ,sometimes you talk complete crap
but this time your not
i agree 100%

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
alot of the side effects they are listing are things that happen to people all the time that aren't on any drugs at all. they're just blaming any change in their bodies on finasteride.

sure i agree it could cause loss of libido, but, crooked penis? there are medical reasons why that happens to people and i don't think they include finasteride treatment.

the NUMBER ONE reason i don't get discouraged by those posts: look how angry all of them are, they would be yelling at you if they could, PROPECIA IS THE DEVIL OF ALL DRUGS IT WILL EAT YOUR INSIDES

most of these people are just irritable and angry, they'll say anything.

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
WorldofWarcraft said:
Holy crap guys, get it together?

You ask, why would anyone on the internet lie? Well if you believe everyone on the internet then you must believe that smearing jizz on your head regrows your hair, as told at regrowth.com

Haven't you ever heard of the placebo effect? Don't be lazy, seriously look this up. You can give people pills of sugar and they will claim that they are dying or becoming more healthy from it.

Haven't you heard those studies were they give people non alcaholic beer but don't stay its non-ahlcaholic as a study, and even though the beverages have no ahlcahol in them, people still act drunk?

Thats right, some people walked around tipsy like they were wasted after drinking beer, but the researchers didn't tell them it was non ahlcaholic to see how they would respond.

If you let your imagination run off, or are a hypocondriac, then yeah, you can imagine that propecia is the most deadly substance on earth

p.s. Why else would people lie? Open your eyes. Tons of scammers on these boards trying to peddle non-propecia crap like laser combs. Of course they will bash the big three so you buy their junk instead.

I know all about placebo effects thats not the point. Nobody here can say for sure that finasteride dosnt cause the things people are saying. Obviously not crippled penis or whatever but impotence. And If it can cause permanent impotence then is it really worth it. And the examples you list dont discredit the sides some people complain about. Libido/erectile function etc are listed as sides of finasteride so obviously it does have some effect on this.
Dont just shrug shoulders at all this, its important to know for sure

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
haunted-ballroom said:
Nobody here can say for sure that finasteride dosnt cause the things people are saying. Obviously not crippled penis or whatever but impotence. And If it can cause permanent impotence then is it really worth it. And the examples you list dont discredit the sides some people complain about. Libido/erectile function etc are listed as sides of finasteride so obviously it does have some effect on this.

Yeah I can say for sure that finasteride doesn't cause permanent impotence. 99.9% of finastride leaves your body after 3 days of non-use.

If you know anything about how finastride works, its impossible that it would cause some sort of permanent impotence once you stopped taking it.

What part of this logic do you not understand?: If you are experiencing sides just simply stop the drug and it will leave your system in three days. Its not like signing up for the army were you are trapped in for years after you decide to take the plung, so to speak.

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
WorldofWarcraft said:
haunted-ballroom said:
Nobody here can say for sure that finasteride dosnt cause the things people are saying. Obviously not crippled penis or whatever but impotence. And If it can cause permanent impotence then is it really worth it. And the examples you list dont discredit the sides some people complain about. Libido/erectile function etc are listed as sides of finasteride so obviously it does have some effect on this.

Yeah I can say for sure that finasteride doesn't cause permanent impotence. 99.9% of finastride leaves your body after 3 days of non-use.

If you know anything about how finastride works, its impossible that it would cause some sort of permanent impotence once you stopped taking it.

What part of this logic do you not understand?: If you are experiencing sides just simply stop the drug and it will leave your system in three days. Its not like signing up for the army were you are trapped in for years after you decide to take the plung, so to speak.

Thats the way I was thinking, but when I did a search to find more info because I was having some side effect from something (possibly unrelated to finasteride as ive only been on it a short time), I noticed all the adverse effects people were reporting and I also noticed that on some websites where you can ask online docs questions about medication, the questions about permanent problems people were haveing were the only ones not being answered which causes me to question this medication and the trials.

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
roki said:
but this time your not
i agree 100%

I, too, completely agree with roki. Wow, i disagree with many things you say, but i am with you 100% on this one.[/quote]

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
sphlanx2006 said:
roki said:
but this time your not
i agree 100%

I, too, completely agree with roki. Wow, i disagree with many things you say, but i am with you 100% on this one.
[/quote]

So what do you guys think is happening to the people complaining of permanent or long term sides? All in their head?
I dont particularly want to stop finasteride but surely you can understand my concern from reading about these effects...

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i could explain long term loss of libido with depression, as we here all know hair loss is depressing. the idea of finaseride is great, but what if it doesn't work for someone? they might continue to lose their hair and become overall depressed, have little self confidence and be in a negative frame of mind. people like this don't often get sexually aroused, and also, sexual dysfunction is a side effect of 500 different things. it could be caused by something completely unrelated.

LOTS of people around the world use finasteride, that leaves the possibility of someone developing sexual dysfunction while on finaseride reasonably high.

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dietcola said:
i could explain long term loss of libido with depression, as we here all know hair loss is depressing. the idea of finaseride is great, but what if it doesn't work for someone? they might continue to lose their hair and become overall depressed, have little self confidence and be in a negative frame of mind. people like this don't often get sexually aroused, and also, sexual dysfunction is a side effect of 500 different things. it could be caused by something completely unrelated.

LOTS of people around the world use finasteride, that leaves the possibility of someone developing sexual dysfunction while on finaseride reasonably high.

This would explain why people in the regrowth.com forums think that abstaining from masterbation will regrow your hair.

Here is a true example paraphrased:

"I was in the hospital, had many drugs pump through me through an IV, and could not masterbate. I noticed that I have shed less in the past week. Clearly masterbation causes male pattern baldness!"

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well I went to my doctor today (I bought finasteride on the web without prescription) and he assured me its ok to take so Im putting my trust in him. Phew!

G

Well, a few months ago I was in a psychiatry (Yes, I am a true psycho :lol: )and the docs there wanted me to stop taking finasteride since they claimed that it is a heavy drug and might cause my depressions. Of course, I didn´t listen to them and threatened to start a Hungerstrike if they wouldn´t allow me to take finasteride.

AssignmentZero

Established Member
Reaction score
dietcola said:

This is what happened to me. About 2 months ago I realized by looking in a mirror-mirror image that I have a small bald spot developing on the back of my head. No word of a lie, but for the next 1-2 weeks I didn't want to masturbate and when I tried I was very limp and I just wasn't into it. I think for those 1-2 weeks I was just very depressed about losing my hair (21 years old) and it hit me hard.

Now however, I have sort of "accepted it" and just bought some Rogaine foam on ebay. I also bought Nizoral and even though nizoral doesn't do much for hair loss I feel very confident in myself that I'm doing something good for my hair loss. I have regular urges to masturbate now and everything is fine. The mind can play some good tricks on one's psychological state.

By the way, I am on no meds for hairloss so my loss of sexual desire was in no way affected by any drug.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
Taugenichts said:
Well, a few months ago I was in a psychiatry (Yes, I am a true psycho :lol: )and the docs there wanted me to stop taking finasteride since they claimed that it is a heavy drug and might cause my depressions. Of course, I didn´t listen to them and threatened to start a Hungerstrike if they wouldn´t allow me to take finasteride.

I hope you keep going to your psychiatrist. You need help, man.

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
newcell said:
dietcola said:

This is what happened to me. About 2 months ago I realized by looking in a mirror-mirror image that I have a small bald spot developing on the back of my head. No word of a lie, but for the next 1-2 weeks I didn't want to masturbate and when I tried I was very limp and I just wasn't into it. I think for those 1-2 weeks I was just very depressed about losing my hair (21 years old) and it hit me hard.

Now however, I have sort of "accepted it" and just bought some Rogaine foam on ebay. I also bought Nizoral and even though nizoral doesn't do much for hair loss I feel very confident in myself that I'm doing something good for my hair loss. I have regular urges to masturbate now and everything is fine. The mind can play some good tricks on one's psychological state.

By the way, I am on no meds for hairloss so my loss of sexual desire was in no way affected by any drug.

True, ive been been takeing antidepressants for about 5 years now, (not hairloss related lol) and when im at my worst, the thought of sex wouldnt enter my head at all.