wow @ this thread about baldness

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing Exodus2011.

One of my favorite parts that I read was when the OP responded to a quote stating "Hair is just hair" by replying "Until you lose it, you don't realize how crucial it is to your looks. Trust me: if you lost your hair, you would realize the stupidity of the statement "hair is just hair."".

So beyond true, I'm amazed, I never thought of it that way.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
One somewhat reasonable conversation (there's still plenty of morons in that thread) doesn't make up for the daily barrage of humiliation and denigration of baldness across the globe.

Only solution is a cure, society will NEVER respect baldness until you either break down mentally completely OR regain your hair... and they'd rather see you fold in order to perpetuate the positional good theory; PEOPLE ARE SELFISH ASSHOLES.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
yea but its still nice to see understanding people hellouser. i wish the world was more like this, i swear if it was baldness wud feel a lot better

xetudor

Established Member
Reaction score
What is great about that thread? "It's just hair", "just shave it off", "Jason Staham, Bruce Willis", "you've got issues bro", "it's common", "doesn't matter as much".

My favorite one is "at least you don't have a disease or had a car accident". What if I told that baldness doesn't make you indestructible? You still have the same chances of dying a horrible death as all the others.

No, it's not so common to be bald in your early 20s. Balding, maybe but not NW5+ bald. Jason Staham and Bruce Willis weren't even bold in their early 20s and they are handsome men that are worldwide famous due to playing bad *** action heroes.

Yes, there are some forms of treatments. Not perfect by any means but if your life is affected so much then you can make a rational decision to weight the risks and benefits and do something. At least you will feel like you've given a fair fight and accept it easier.

All the bald people that don't care at all have all my respect but that doesn't mean the only solution is to try and not care. It's like saying depressed people should try to stop being depressed. Jason Alexander had all the confidence in the world playing George Constanza and having to endure all that baldness mocking but he still wears a wig. Why? Because it looks better and it's perfectly fine to do something about it. How is that different from having to go to gym and eat clean to have a good body? Or wearing makeup and nice clothes and shoes as a woman?

Actually the world would be a lot better is we all stopped caring about so many things yet we don't live in a utopia.

xetudor

Established Member
Reaction score
OP even stated he was severely depressed. Some advices seem out of place for someone depressed. We don't know if he's depressed because of his hair loss or it just adds to an already existing depression.

He should get his depression checked out, this is not something you can always deal on by your own. As someone who was just sad about my chronic back pain and everyone was calling me depressed I can tell you it doesn't help when people dismiss your suffering. Pain, whether physical or mental should be acknowledged and treated, no matter the cause.

blackg

Reaction score
"It's all about your mentality. Most people, especially women, judge you on your personality."

A quote from some dude who advises us to just "Work out and get big." To be fair..he claims to be balding himself. Maybe its early days for him or maybe he just has a nice head shape.
But...I must stress: Most men don't have a good head shape!!!!

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
yea i was only commenting on the first page, i was too nervous about it turning to **** after that so i stopped looking x.x

**** at least the first page had understanding people though

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont know about you, but I do judge most people on personality and their actions. Never on looks to be honest.
I mean it's not ALL about mentality, but mentality does play a key role, wont you agree? I was always that shy, awkward kid in high school. Full head of hair but not confident at all. Pretty good looking too. Lots of girls thought i was cute, but women judged me by calling me a creep, because I pretty much was. I always had anxiety issues

IN college, I'm starting to go bald, shaved my head... pretty sure all my friends, family, everyone else knows. But I fixed up my "creepiness." I am now that type of dude who goes crazy, sings hella loud in the car, makes jokes, always got a smile on my face. Pretty much just happy and confident, and now I've got amazing friends! I had a handful of girls like me. In high school, I only talked to two girls. Hooked up with no one. Now in college I've hooked up a couple of times. By no means am I a player lol, but I would say confidence and personality is huge, especially for us baldies!
what norwood are you?

resu

Reaction score
The responses seemed cruel, either by blaming him or saying that his issues with balding were not valid. Also just because balding isn't an issue to someone doesn't mean that it can't ruin someone's life, there's no empathy for a balding man.