wow this is pathetic

jimjohn

Established Member
Reaction score
ive actually reached hte point where i actually drove 10 minutes tonight to see the place that i was planning on taking this girl to tomorrow for a first date to see what kind of lighting they had there. if the lighting was bad enough that i would look way bald then i was going to choose a different place. wow thats pathetic.

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
their is nothing wrong with a little recon before a date

but if you like this girl she will most likely see you in less flattering light sooner than later

if she runs off due to your hair loss then she wasn't the one for you

not all women care about hair loss

your not pathetic

metropolis

Established Member
Reaction score
jimjohn said:
ive actually reached hte point where i actually drove 10 minutes tonight to see the place that i was planning on taking this girl to tomorrow for a first date to see what kind of lighting they had there. if the lighting was bad enough that i would look way bald then i was going to choose a different place. wow thats pathetic.

There's nothing pathetic about it but you shouldn't worry too much about that. All that women want in a man is a hard dick and a full wallet, they don't care about male pattern baldness.

Apparently, you and I have something in common: we both like to plan things in advance. That's great. The more I plan things (trips, dinners), the better they turn out to be. And I hate it, I just hate it when some fuc*** as*hole ruins my plans (e.g. latecomers).

Thinneritgoes!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
metropolis said:
All that women want in a man is a hard dick and a full wallet, they don't care about male pattern baldness.

That's not true at all. A lot of women care about male pattern baldness.

So many guys on here try to group every woman in the world in to one category and its pretty sad.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
metropolis said:
jimjohn said:

There's nothing pathetic about it but you shouldn't worry too much about that. All that women want in a man is a hard dick and a full wallet, they don't care about male pattern baldness.

Apparently, you and I have something in common: we both like to plan things in advance. That's great. The more I plan things (trips, dinners), the better they turn out to be. And I hate it, I just hate it when some fuc*** as*hole ruins my plans (e.g. latecomers).

Laughably false.
Does this sound true: "All men want is a blowjob and a sandwich. They don't care about your fat stomach."
Beyond that, I wouldn't ever repeat that theory in front of a woman. You're basically saying that women are stupid (a hard dick) w****s (a full wallet).

thetodd

Established Member
Reaction score
You're not pathetic, but the situation your find yourself in is.
Woman can rap all they want about how looks aren't important and they are more concerned with how sensitive we are, but it's a load of b.s.
Sure, you can find the rare female who will accept you as you are, but that's not the norm.
Looks do matter, regardless of what anyone says. We guys are guilty of it, too. It's just human nature to seek out the things we are visually attracted to. That's why good looking guys can treat women like dirt and still keep them by their side while not so great looking dudes can be stellar in their treatment of women and still not get any attention from them. My wife is much younger than me, which by itself causes a certain amount of paranoia. I'm always wondering if she'll decide to leave me for someone younger, though she assures me that won't happen. Then I started really losing my hair. So now along with going to the gym every day and counting every calorie, I'm going nuts trying to fight baldness.

GNUist (formerly FC)

Established Member
Reaction score
BodyDysmorphic said:
their is nothing wrong with a little recon before a date

but if you like this girl she will most likely see you in less flattering light sooner than later

if she runs off due to your hair loss then she wasn't the one for you

not all women care about hair loss

your not pathetic

There's a new invention, it's called a "period", "."

thetodd

Established Member
Reaction score
dudemon said:
thetodd said:
You're not pathetic, but the situation your find yourself in is.
Woman can rap all they want about how looks aren't important and they are more concerned with how sensitive we are, but it's a load of b.s.
Sure, you can find the rare female who will accept you as you are, but that's not the norm.
Looks do matter, regardless of what anyone says. We guys are guilty of it, too. It's just human nature to seek out the things we are visually attracted to. That's why good looking guys can treat women like dirt and still keep them by their side while not so great looking dudes can be stellar in their treatment of women and still not get any attention from them. My wife is much younger than me, which by itself causes a certain amount of paranoia. I'm always wondering if she'll decide to leave me for someone younger, though she assures me that won't happen. Then I started really losing my hair. So now along with going to the gym every day and counting every calorie, I'm going nuts trying to fight baldness.

I agree with everything you say. But EVERY time I say anything on this board that even remotely resembles what you just said in your post, I am ostracized and some guys will really lay into me, and rip my head off on this website for doing so.

So, thetodd, outside of HP, UM, and a few others here (including myself), get ready to have people MAJORLY disagree with you now and ostracize the crap out of you for saying that "looks do matter" in your post.

Get ready...here it comes! :mrgreen:

I no longer post such things on here because it is a complete waste of time and effort. But I do agree with you thetodd, looks are important to MOST women, whether they admit it or not.
Well, people can ridicule me all they want. Sometimes the truth hurts, I guess. I've just learned to deal with life as it is instead of living in some fantasy world. It would be nice if looks didn't matter, but that's just wishful thinking.

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i don't think it's pathetic. you want to make a good first impression, arguably the first date is very important. once you get more comfortable the hair loss won't be such a factor, but if you can hide it in low lighting it's probably not as bad as you think anyway

thetodd

Established Member
Reaction score
One issue I have is that women do all kinds of things to enhance their appearance. High heels, make-up, girdles, wonder bras...
When it comes to their own hair, please.
They spend hours trying to make themselves look better than they really do. Why should we men feel bad about concealing our thinning hair?

s.a.f

Reaction score
thetodd said:
One issue I have is that women do all kinds of things to enhance their appearance. High heels, make-up, girdles, wonder bras...
When it comes to their own hair, please.
They spend hours trying to make themselves look better than they really do. Why should we men feel bad about concealing our thinning hair?

Because for a woman to enhance her beauty is feminine, for a man to do it is vain and unmasculine and possibly insecure. Thats the way its always been.
Forget this metrosexual bullshit women are not impressed by men who moisturise.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Jimjohn - She probably has already noticed you have thin hair, chill man, the more comfortable you are the better the date will be. She probably does not care anyway.

metropolis

Established Member
Reaction score
ClayShaw said:
metropolis said:
[...] You're basically saying that women are stupid (a hard dick) w****s (a full wallet).

I didn't say that. Women prefer rich men not because they're w****s or shallow but because they're smart and practical and want to find the best possible 'nest' for their future children.

s.a.f

Reaction score
ClayShaw said:
metropolis said:
[...] You're basically saying that women are stupid (a hard dick) w****s (a full wallet).

I didn't say that. Women prefer rich men not because they're w****s or shallow but because they're smart and practical and want to find the best possible 'nest' for their future children.

Something we're failing to consider here is that 'rich men' or successful men will more than likely have much more going for them besides their money than poorer or less successful men.
After all any loser can be unsuccesful/poor but a guy who earns good money due to having brains and ambition and other benificial qualities is an all round winner.
Its not just a case of women choosing a rich man for his money alone.