Wow, finding a reputable salon is tough

Wyldbanana

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,
I’ve been looking for a salon who can supply and fit my first system in the UK and wow I didn’t realise this would be so difficult.

Just when I think I’ve found one, I then read several bad reviews then it’s back to the drawing board.
I've found places that make a template then just cut this from a stock system (is this normal?) and have never heard of custom systems.
I found a place in Manchester that just fits poly systems the day after your consultation.

This really is a minefield, I do feel if there was a section where we could share good experiences of salons etc that would be most beneficial to prospective wearers like myself.
Feel free to DM me any recommendations for the UK.
Thanks

Wyldbanana

My Regimen
Reaction score
MG Ford(Mike) in Bristol

Hair4all

Are two UK companies with great reputation that spring to mind.
Thanks I’m currently looking at MG Ford just trying to make a template atm. It’s quite a distance from me too but hopefully worth it. This guy seems genuine.

Just checked out Hair4all too again another further afield, I just wish there was somewhere a little closer.

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks I’m currently looking at MG Ford just trying to make a template atm. It’s quite a distance from me too but hopefully worth it. This guy seems genuine.

Just checked out Hair4all too again another further afield, I just wish there was somewhere a little closer.
MG Ford does online too and remote cut-ins...

Wyldbanana

My Regimen
Reaction score
MG Ford does online too and remote cut-ins...
I’m in contact with him and he’s been really helpful, for my first system I would like him to cut in and style it for me.
Do you know if he has any issues with supplying atm? I know others are having supply issues.

hair4meTomorrow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I used to go to hair4all, but I did have some issues with them (I get the impression they let that stylist go in the end, but there were some other issues too).

I ended up at another in the Manchester area and that was a total disaster. I couldn't recommend you avoid this certain salon more.

I was pretty nervous about my next salon in the greater Manchester area but honestly I went home after my first fitting and it was on so well. It's a shame I'm not so nearby now because it was a pretty perfect experience at that salon. I got no clue about if they supply etc but I can only imagine so. They've been great to me. Let me know if you want the details etc.

Edit: I should say my issues with hair4all certainly weren't with the systems. Purely customer service and with the stylist I had. Ymmv

Wyldbanana

My Regimen
Reaction score
I used to go to hair4all, but I did have some issues with them (I get the impression they let that stylist go in the end, but there were some other issues too).

I ended up at another in the Manchester area and that was a total disaster. I couldn't recommend you avoid this certain salon more.

I was pretty nervous about my next salon in the greater Manchester area but honestly I went home after my first fitting and it was on so well. It's a shame I'm not so nearby now because it was a pretty perfect experience at that salon. I got no clue about if they supply etc but I can only imagine so. They've been great to me. Let me know if you want the details etc.

Edit: I should say my issues with hair4all certainly weren't with the systems. Purely customer service and with the stylist I had. Ymmv
I’ve read a few reviews about a certain Manchester salon and it has certainly discouraged me from contacting them. But if you could DM me details of the other salon, that would great. Thanks

albar05

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I’ve been looking for a salon who can supply and fit my first system in the UK and wow I didn’t realise this would be so difficult.

Just when I think I’ve found one, I then read several bad reviews then it’s back to the drawing board.
I've found places that make a template then just cut this from a stock system (is this normal?) and have never heard of custom systems.
I found a place in Manchester that just fits poly systems the day after your consultation.

This really is a minefield, I do feel if there was a section where we could share good experiences of salons etc that would be most beneficial to prospective wearers like myself.
Thanks
there is a place in manchester i used to go , but since covid i have taught myself how to do all my own stuff. but i used them for nearly 3 yrs and they where good... Hairsystems Manchester https://www.hairsystemsmanchester.com/

if you go tell them Alan B sent you :)

Chill dude

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks
Maybe Taylor Ferguson in Glasgow city centre?

HairsonUnique

My Regimen
Reaction score
I hate to contradict you. But hair systems Manchester is the worst salon I have ever used and will ever use without a doubt.

Their model is to sell stock poly systems. What they do is they give you to one member of staff to remove the unit, then they hand that off to the back room to clean, and while that is happening a third or fourth member of staff cuts your hair, then gets your system and plonks it on you with zero attempts to line it up.

If that sounds OK to you, then you should realise that it is like a production line and everything feels rushed. You do get moved from one room to the next for the removal and the fitting. I should also mention they wash your hair with washing up liquid (dish soap) and the place stinks of C22, absolutely stinks of the stuff because they abuse it and then rely on fish soap to remove it.

The way they clean the hair seems to be with washing up liquid. It strips the hair so bad. One guy I saw walk out had blonde hair but the system was really weird and light, I suspect it was cleaned very harshly. It looked awful. Oh but don't worry, they dye it in the worst possible way and keep the lights dimmed so you don't notice how bad it looks.

The owner is just sat around doing basically nothing. Not a problem, but he doesn't lift a finger considering how rushed it all is.

Because they fit from front to back they will screw the back up every single time. It almost always had a huge section that wasn't actually attached (the stylist would say it was because the glue needed to settle.. But it wasn't attached because it wasn't fitted properly.)

I once had the system come unattached at the back. Days after fitting. They had stretched it so much that it just snapped away. I was with my girlfriend at the time and thankfully noticed quickly enough to hide it and then fixed it when we got back to where we were staying.

Look at their YouTube videos. Notice how they literally pixelate the hairline to hide their shoddy work.

They refuse to tell you what adhesives and tape they use. I actually specified no tape for ages before they admitted to using it. They will straight up lie to you if you ask for certain products. They don't care because again, they offer a rushed service.

I may have my criticisms of someone like Phil from hair4all but I genuinely believe he is good at what he does, knows his stuff and wants the industry to be viewed well. I cannot say the same for hair systems Manchester in any way, shape or form.