Wound Induced Hair Follicle Neogenesis

charcoal

Reaction score
I wound to draw blood. Not heaps, just enough to come up to the surface of my scalp. I don’t have it dripping off me. I think that’s how it should be done
Yeah Same.
So dermastamp is good enough to wound the scalp? What if the needles go blunt? I need something like dermapen to use it at the backside of my scalp.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah Same.
So dermastamp is good enough to wound the scalp? What if the needles go blunt? I need something like dermapen to use it at the backside of my scalp.
I personally prefer the stamp to anything else. The pen is not only more expensive but also covers a smaller scalp surface area, so it would take forever to do my whole head.

I think you need to get a new stamp/roller every 4 months or so because wounding with blunt needles is bad for your scalp.

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
While we are on this topic:
It looks like the more I use dermaroller the more I see blood and it feels more “painfull”(same routine:dermarolling for a 1 year and buying 1 new roller every 6months). I guess this is all about fibrosis vs vascular system. right? Now about regrowth(or neogenesis): I can't say this is miracle and I agree with the above (you would need coumpound: btw dunno how guys using licl/vpa are doing. But all in all positive signs. I would be curious to see if there are others members who had same experience regarding blood/pain.

the smoking baby

Established Member
Reaction score
While we are on this topic:
It looks like the more I use dermaroller the more I see blood and it feels more “painfull”(same routine:dermarolling for a 1 year and buying 1 new roller every 6months). I guess this is all about fibrosis vs vascular system. right? Now about regrowth(or neogenesis): I can't say this is miracle and I agree with the above (you would need coumpound: btw dunno how guys using licl/vpa are doing. But all in all positive signs. I would be curious to see if there are others members who had same experience regarding blood/pain.
I am seeing more blood the more I dermapen but with the pen, it is a lot less painful than with the dermaroller. I have the setting at 2 mm.

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
that's not what I meant. Actually In my case in the beginning(first sessions) it was like 1.5 needles were touching the skull bone which is impossible we know .and I was seeing just few drops of bloods. Now (actually even more than 1year later) with same intensity I see more drop of bloods.

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
that's not what I meant. Actually In my case in the beginning(first sessions) it was like 1.5 needles were touching the skull bone which is impossible we know .and I was seeing just few drops of bloods. Now (actually even more than 1year later) with same intensity I see more drop of bloods.
Any results?

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
VPA/LiCl users - how are you preparing it? Dose and solution? Thinking of trying VPA.

baldlygoing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So dermarollers are ok to use? I stopped once I saw some of the bad posts about micro-tearing. Was thinking about get the derminator. Is there any consensus about which is the most effective of all the ones mentioned? (Excluding the one that costs $4K)

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
What dermastamp would you guys recommend for starting out with?

I roll lightly throughout the week without wounding but I am interested in adding in wounding maybe 1x a week. Want to try it with a stamp. Need product recommendations from the more experienced

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
What dermastamp would you guys recommend for starting out with?

I roll lightly throughout the week without wounding but I am interested in adding in wounding maybe 1x a week. Want to try it with a stamp. Need product recommendations from the more experienced
All the studies involve wounding 1 x a week. Proper wounding. You can get fairly cheap 1.5mm stamps from eBay.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
All the studies involve wounding 1 x a week. Proper wounding. You can get fairly cheap 1.5mm stamps from eBay.

That's why I want to add it. I currently just roll to increase minoxidil absorption and it has enhanced things slightly but not given much overall cosmetically relevant improvement, so I am thinking to possibly add wounding as well

Is this one the right sort of thing?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01M...+stamp+1.5&dpPl=1&dpID=31KL2-9WuPL&ref=plSrch

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's why I want to add it. I currently just roll to increase minoxidil absorption and it has enhanced things slightly but not given much overall cosmetically relevant improvement, so I am thinking to possibly add wounding as well

Is this one the right sort of thing?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01M...+stamp+1.5&dpPl=1&dpID=31KL2-9WuPL&ref=plSrch
That’s a derma pen. I don’t use one those because I do my entire head and it would take the whole damn day to do.
This is like the one I use
https://m.ebay.com/itm/DRS-140-Medi...hash=item361a210be5:m:mQgiznZzOSpme9XG_eEsFsA

Greater surface area, great scalp penetration. Hurts like absolute hell to the point that it makes my eyes water but that’s the point of wounding I guess.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score

Dennis Garber

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder if different parts of the head need differing mm. Also, different mm for different purposes.

Not seen enough studies to convince myself to hurt that badly with these. I prefer wounding my head by trying to communicate with the thick headed people in my family.

As far as ripping hair out, I cannot role back and forth, like a previous poster, without tearing out all my hair. Unlike the demo videos, only rolling in one direction works.

I did have a hard time reading this thread, because of all the immature, off topic posting. Some relevant, intelligent posts though.