Wouldn't dutasteride be worth it if you aren't getting girls anyways?

Hammer

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been on 1mg a day finasteride since December 08, and 1mg dutasteride per week in addition since September 12.

My girlfriend is now 6 weeks pregnant. No difficulties for me.

Thinning Sucks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hammer any changes to your hair? I also started dutasteride same time you did with finasteride daily. I just tried to bump to 2 dutasteride per week but just got testicular pain doing this. We should be seeing regrowth if any about this time. I think the shedding may last up to 4 months.

ladysmanfelpz

Established Member
Reaction score
Shedding stage that long? Is that normal? I was on .5mg finasteride for 3 months and been on for 1.25mg for about a month. Had big shed when starting but I also quit minoxidil at the same time. I know I wasn't inhibiting DHT by the full amount with the .5mg so will I see another small shed from my dosage now?

Hammer

Established Member
Reaction score
Hammer any changes to your hair? I also started dutasteride same time you did with finasteride daily. I just tried to bump to 2 dutasteride per week but just got testicular pain doing this. We should be seeing regrowth if any about this time. I think the shedding may last up to 4 months.

Unfortunately not. I don't seem to be much of a responder to finasteride or 1mg a week of dutasteride. I think it has slowed my loss though.

ladysmanfelpz

Established Member
Reaction score
K so only thing I am worried about is Gyno. I love my chest and don't want to EVER lose its shape. Does anyone have any articles on hormones explained? Also what are some ways to limit estrogen? Looking into ZMA as well as I really think that looks like a good supplement for hormones and even hairloss.

abcdefg

Reaction score
That depends do you value your hair and girls more then your health because if so then yeah I guess dutasteride is worth it. Keeping mind dutasteride is not some magic bullet. I do think androgens though are a way to prevent male pattern baldness completely but the problem is we still have no safe way to do that.

ladysmanfelpz

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey just an update. I did pick up some dutasteride. I think this may be my miracle drug. About 2.5 weeks in and all going steady. I'm only 22 and I've been losing honestly since puberty. I had slight receding hairline at 16 and 17 the thinning was slightly noticeable, bad hairline at 18 and been losing slowly ever since. What really got me is that I noticed I did not look like my peers at my age. Ya I was losing my hair, but I also had crazy greasy skin with bad acne. After learning that dht affects your sebaceous glands I knew I was really on to something. Ya the finasteride stopped my hairloss and I felt great on it (big kick in testosterone), but I knew I needed more. Picked up some generic dutasteride so I could cut it up. Could get a script in the states but they only make gel caps which is stupid and its crazy expensive. So I didn't get the loading stage of dutasteride but I tried it anyway. Did .5mg for a week and felt completely fine. No side effects. Even did a kick of 2.5mg one day and about 30 mins after got a little ball ache that subsided. Been taking .1mg ever since. With finasteride I saw vellous hairs advancing on my hairline, and with this dutasteride i'm seeing vellous hairs on my full hairline. Like near nw1 status!! Don't know if they'll ever mature but at least I think I caught it before the hair follicle is gone. I'm an undergraduate studying human biology and for my pathophysiology class I am researching BPH also affected by DHT and finding a lot of interesting things. See where most people are wrong in that dutasteride inhibits another type of dht not related to hairloss, the type 1 dht that dutasteride inhibits is the one that affects our sebaceous glands, although type 2 is found mostly in hair. Like I said ive had bad acne ever since my teens and derms couldn't even figure it out. Well after reading that I got really excited by dutasteride. After the loading week my skin has never felt this good ever! I ride my bike to school and it was insane. My skin felt completely different. It's actually smooth and not greasy like the rest of my body. My face used to be so oily I would stain through pillow cases and all the way to the pillow. Not anymore. Pillows are shear white. Only 2.5 weeks in like I said, but like the Bernstein study, I hope to report great results at the 6 month mark. I think hairloss is all about finding the right program for your individual body, and dutasteride might be my drug. Will report back in another 2 weeks or so with results.

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just started taking dutasteride 0.5mg from inhouse. I'm also using Rogaine foam in the day time and rogaine liquid at night. I just started this though. Before I was on finasteride 1.25mg by itself for several years, no sides. All it did was slow down my hairloss to a normal rate. Like you i'm hoping at 6months I could see some improvement but i'm willing to give it 12-18months which is more realistic.

struggle

Reaction score
Oh thats right Warlord. You're the big minoxidil guy. I wouldn't blame the drugs that hit the fundamental process of balding, I would blame minoxidil. I think that stuff is poison. You did dose it correctly and probably the best anyone could possible do, but no one really knows how that stuff works. It just puts your hair in the active growth phase. I think your sudden hairloss may have to do something with the minoxidil working over all these years the best it could, but you've ran it til its end. I think dutasteride will help you for sure, but your gonna go through some weird hair loss with the minoxidil being all finicky. Thats why I quit minoxidil and am gonna run finasteride and dutasteride and even if I have thin hair itll be my natural look. I'm only 22 and pretty dam bald but thats my look and now at least I'll bald slowly and maturely and people will be used to my look and bald won't be an overnight thing for me that I myself can't handle.

"i think that stuff is poisin"

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/showthread.php/51744-Grandiin-s-Story-(24-Pics!)?

ladysmanfelpz

Established Member
Reaction score
K need some help guys. First off, didn't read your whole thread struggle but are you agreeing that minoxidil is bad or showing you got good results? And jimmy neutron how is the 0.5 mg every day going?

Why I want to know, is I'm really trying a strong antiandrogen approach because I really didn't get good results with minoxidil. My hair and scalp became gross. So I'm taking dutasteride, currently just over 0.1 mg a day as I'm cutting up 0.5 mg tablets. I also am doing S5 cream with a little alzaelic acid and finasteride mixed in. So i've been dermarolling and applying that twice a day to whole scalp and that stuff is lasting me longer than people say. I'm about a month on it and im applying to whole scalp not just temples. Thing is I can definitely feel the spironolactone. Did it before bed one night and my heart was racing for a bit and it took me a while to fall asleep. That doesn't bother me too bad, but I can't tell if its the dutasteride or spironolactone (thought dutasteride at first but now thinking more spironolactone) but I have been having a few days of major lethargy. I mean major. It really only happens when I drink, but its been so bad where I got the spins terribly bad and had to lay down else I was gonna fall down. And I wasn't drunk, just had a few. Weakness is a side effect of spironolactone, so what should I do? Cut back to once a night? Apply less? I also got side effects such as chest pain from minoxidil, so it seems I absorb topicals very well.

ohmanohno

Established Member
Reaction score
I feel lethargic after popping finasteride. That's def my biggest complaint with the drug. In your case it's probably dutasteride causing the issue. See it if wares off after a while longer.

jokkepappa

Reaction score
Dude no offense but it sounds like you're just praising your own medicine of choice (dutasteride) and bashing minoxidil because you couldnt handle it or whatever. I don't think such is a good idea if you want to give people the truth. Minoxidil is the best bet anyone has for regrowing hair along the hairline from my own experience, although I don't pop dutasteride, but I do take 0,5mg finasteride a day. Been doing both for 8-9 months and the regrowth has been great. Although minoxidil on its own isn't nearly as potent as when it is used with either finasteride or dutasteride, there's that kind of synergy between these medications.

On spironolactone, good luck mate, I wouldn't touch that **** in a million years. You know that transgendered people use it in their transformation right? You are probably getting manboobs somewhere along the road if you keep using it. You should NEVER take spironolactone as a male if you appreciate your body in my honest opinion. Like, I'd rather be bald and fit than have a head of hair but breasts in my chest...It's your choice.