Would you rather?

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
I read one of those internet top 10 lists yesterday....

I was watching Fam Guy on Hulu about peter having a conjoined twin in his shoulder (Parasitic Twin)

I then googled this as I always do when I have not been fully grossed out that day.
I found a list like top ten body deformations
http://listverse.com/2013/03/26/10-people-with-shocking-and-extreme-deformities/

Well Ill tell ya I stopped thinking about my hair for 10 mins lol

DoneWithIt

Established Member
Reaction score
I read one of those internet top 10 lists yesterday....

I was watching Fam Guy on Hulu about peter having a conjoined twin in his shoulder (Parasitic Twin)

I then googled this as I always do when I have not been fully grossed out that day.
I found a list like top ten body deformations
http://listverse.com/2013/03/26/10-people-with-shocking-and-extreme-deformities/

Well Ill tell ya I stopped thinking about my hair for 10 mins lol

Haha yes or at least 10 seconds. the only one I would take instead of hair loss is 1#, the boy looks completely normal and they managed to remove the twin inside him so what the hell. lol. Can't be comfortable but he didn't even know haha :p

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Its a sucky thing when you have to try and find "those worse off than yourself" to feel normal. Something no person ever should have to do from someone losing their hair to a girl with 2 heads (WAIT I CALL BS, how did she NOT make the list?). I mean really at what point does EVERYONE IN THE WORLD just go "Well hey at least Im not Steve!"

verysad

Reaction score
I have been told I am body dysmorphic too about my hair, by doctors and even a fellow Androgenetic Alopecia sufferer at another forum for women's hair loss. This what back when my hair didn't look too bad, but even then it was thinner than before and my part was wide. Even now when I've lost like 40% of my hair in the most hit areas people tell me "well maybe your hair is going through a chance or it's always been a little thin" WTF I was born with a freaking lions mane. Literally almost half the hair is gone and you tell me It's all in my head? I truly wish it was, but it's not.

Yes I've been told "wear a wig" too. When I told my friend about my hair loss she told me I could wear a wig, they look natural etc. Yes maybe some wigs look natural. But it will never be real hair, I will always have to remove it and look myself in the mirror, be scared of people noticing or the wig falling off, can't do normal activities like swimming and even sex would be difficult with a wig. Although a wig covers up the problem it is nowhere near a solution. I cry by the thought of getting in the shower and washing my bald head instead of the thick locks I used to have. A wig is like a prosthetic leg; it will always be fake and most likely look fake too. It just feels fake to put on hair, even a topper.

How bad is your hair loss, verysad? Is it bad so other people comment about it or just bad so you can tell? How has the rogaine gone for you btw? I remember you saying something about it working, when did you start to see improvement and how many % of your hair would you say you got back? I'm on month 3 and my hair is thinner than baseline, but I see lots of hairs poking up now. But they look thin. Had some thin growth before rogaine too but there's lots of them now. But it could also just be the terminal hair I've lost turned into miniaturised, which I feel more likely as my hair feels thinner all over (except the back). Also have some new terminal hairs at my hairline yet it seems like I can see the hairline recede and it is much worse than before rogaine. The crown and top of the head I think is the same as before rogaine, maybe a bit tighter (or maybe wishful thinking). But the hairline truly bothers me. Thinking of a transplant or forhead reduction with transplant. I will NOT live without a hairline :(

- - - Updated - - -

True, but they could grow their hair back though. Although they would probably not shave even then. If I would get my hair back by shaving I would have a bald head in no time. I have long hair and it would take forever to grow back but at least it would grow.

well my hair is nowhere perfect. i do see improvements but not good or normal still. i have been using rogaine for six months since may till now.

wigs are not the solution. i was on another hairloss for women forum, one lady is her teenage years rebelled by shaving off her head and now in her 30s she is suffering from Androgenetic Alopecia. she was wondering why did she not give a damned when she shaved off her hair in her teens ( because her hair could grow back as opposed to now ). you really have to lost to appreciate.