Would you make a clone of yourself and kill it for your hair

Would you make a clone of yourself and kill the embryo or fetus to get all your hair back?

• Total voters

Matt Skiba

Established Member
Reaction score
Theoretically, the science is already there to create a cloned human, and if the clone possesses all the same genes as you, then it shouldn't be hard to transplant all the follicles using current techniques, and there would pretty much be more than enough follicles to go around for a full head of hair.

Now, ethically, would this be okay? I'll leave that up to you, and some people on here are pretty desperate for hair.

You would basically be creating a twin of yourself, and even identical twins are in fact different people many times with different personalities as well, so it is a human.

But at the same time do you think abortion is okay? Is this any different? Does developing to a stage of viability outside the womb matter, or different stages of development? Maybe it only needs to go as far as the cellular stage to extract the developing follicle cells?

It makes me think that perhaps a country like India would be okay with lax legislation on something like this.

Truth is, this is in fact a cure for hair loss that is theoretically possible with current research and technology.

I just thought this would make for an interesting discussion.

Pyro

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, interesting thoughts but man that will NEVER EVER EVER happen as a possible solution to hairloss. f*** me, humanity really is doomed if that's the lengths we would take to be willing to cure hairloss lol.

Technical

Reaction score
Matt Skiba said:
Theoretically, the science is already there to create a cloned human, and if the clone possesses all the same genes as you, then it shouldn't be hard to transplant all the follicles using current techniques, and there would pretty much be more than enough follicles to go around for a full head of hair.

Now, ethically, would this be okay? I'll leave that up to you, and some people on here are pretty desperate for hair.

You would basically be creating a twin of yourself, and even identical twins are in fact different people many times with different personalities as well, so it is a human.

But at the same time do you think abortion is okay? Is this any different? Does developing to a stage of viability outside the womb matter, or different stages of development? Maybe it only needs to go as far as the cellular stage to extract the developing follicle cells?

It makes me think that perhaps a country like India would be okay with lax legislation on something like this.

Truth is, this is in fact a cure for hair loss that is theoretically possible with current research and technology.

How did you just ask about 20 different ethical questions but arrive at one topic? Also this is NOT theoretically possible with current research and technology.

Hair cloning will be possible long before human cloning. This is just such a stupid topic.

Matt Skiba

Established Member
Reaction score
Technical said:
Matt Skiba said:

How did you just ask about 20 different ethical questions but arrive at one topic? Also this is NOT theoretically possible with current research and technology.

Hair cloning will be possible long before human cloning. This is just such a stupid topic.

Are you kidding me? Human cloning is totally possible.

You ever heard of Dolly the sheep that made headlines back in 1996?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolly_(sheep)

They just haven't done it with humans because of the laws and ethical reasons and whatnot, some say it has already been done in secret.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panayiotis_Zavos

You would just need 1 or 2 women to donate egg, and to carry your baby for the sake of giving you hair follicles lolololol

What, did you think I was talking about creating clones in some sort of cloning chamber? Cloned animals or people for that matter are born to age much more rapidly as well, so of course it is not a perfect clone with the life clock starting at 0, but 100% of the horseshoe donor area should be more than enough for 100% thickness of a full head of hair, since the horseshoe area on the head is already pretty much like 60% of all the hair on your head you're born with (don't quote me on this, it's a guess).

Sadly, I feel that there would be no shortage of poor women, especially in 3rd world countries and somewhere like India that would be willing to do something like this for a price. They do in fact have surrogate mothers in India that give birth to children for people in other countries and from 2 seperate people donating sperm and an egg. They do this because some people insist on having a baby of the white race. I saw a documentary on this on HBO or something and it straight up shows a brown Indian lady giving birth to a white child with blue eyes. It weirded the hell out of me to see that, I probably should've changed the channel haha. To kill the child and harvest it for parts opens up a whole new can of worms haha.

I actually voted no on this, because I don't think I could carry around my full head of hair knowing well the f-ed up kind of biological experiment it took for me to get it. I'd like to hear responses from the people that voted yes!

I just wanted to make a point on how in fact it really is physically possible, and yes with current science, to regain a permanent full head of hair with 100% density.

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
It wouldn't be like abortion whatsoever. An embryo in the womb has no sense of awareness; it doesn't know it is alive and therefore doesn't care. Cloning yourself (don't forget you'll be waiting years for your clone to develop as you can't exactly clone yourself at your current age- it would be the same as conceiving a child) would provide a totally new human being which would by no means have the same thoughts and ideas as you- just like identical twins. Taking his hair by force (you wouldn't go to all this effort just to ask him nicely) would be unethical in itself, let alone killing him. It would be no different to killing any human being- once someone is alive, they have a right to life.

I know the point of the question was to see how desperate people were for hair, but still, no.

Matt Skiba

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm not really sure on this but doesn't a baby have to develop to the point of being a fetus to develop hair follicles?

I think there is a pretty big difference between embryo and fetus.

I was kinda talking about harvesting the hair follicles themselves, like a regular hair transplant process, off the scalp of perhaps a fetus, since taking things at the cellular level and transplanting them is still under development. So it would be simpler than transplanting, say, a kidney or a heart.

You could take the hair follicles and let the child live, but it would be a life of rapid aging, health problems, and total alopecia.

But for real I thought I was pretty desperate, but I guess some people on here truly will go to any lengths.

Also I really want the hair cloning treatments to become available, I think it's definitely not a matter of if but when, and about 6 months from now we should have some answers after companies like aderans and replicel get results.

DavisNY

Established Member
Reaction score
no offense however if we really did have the technology to clone a human we wouldn't need to do any killing. we would just clone the hairs and have them survive the hair cycle process...

Thats what icx was trying to do and some of the companies out there now

Matt Skiba

Established Member
Reaction score
Well it's not that simple, cloning an entire human is actually easier than cloning specific body parts, since a zygote, after being created, just goes off and develops into a full person on it's own when implanted into the naturally suportive habitat of a mother's womb.

With specific cells, like hair stem cells, I think the main thing they're working on is things like the medium they need to put it in to make it replicate outside the body, and the best way to reimplant these cells into the scalp, but they're pretty hush hush on it so who knows.