Would you have a hair transplant now or wait for HM?

With all the talk about HM being available in the coming years, would you wait for the HM transplant

• Total voters

Odelay

Established Member
Reaction score
Get a hair transplant now if you feel that you need one because that 08-09 is pure speculation which could easily happen much, much later on than you are hoping for. Really though, when is enough enough at that rate? Because there will always be people on these sites hyping up the next date HM will be available, because there has been in the past and it will continue to go on and on.

Just live your life and make decisions on facts not a few articles and a lot of speculation. :wink:

Greg1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Gees guys, first of all, can't afford the hair transplant now and the other sounds like it will be way too expensive when it debuts :(

hardcastle

Reaction score
Sure, it'll be expensive when it first comes out. However, I haven't heard anything close to $100K or even $40K. I thought I remembered Washenik saying $15K, and Bosley CEO John Ohanesian said something like $12K.

I don't know any more about actual costs than anyone else on this forum. If Bosley is smart, though, they know who the majority of their patrons are going to be, and it won't be Hollywood types who have $100K to toss around. A ridiculously expensive procedure will drive people away and invite competitors to scoop Bosley at what would otherwise be a hugely lucrative opportunity.

Top cost? Maybe $20K - $25K, which is not a joke for most of us but is still the cost of a decent car.

I remain cautiously optimistic that this is a technology that most if not all of us will have a chance to benefit from sometime soon.

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
"due out 2008 - 2009" rofl.
sound familiar with all these "due out 2020" ? ?
of course "it is different this time" "we are so close" when in reality nothing will be coming out.

i think in about 30 years we'll have a cure that is a topical that stops hair falling out, that will be used as a shampoo. us guys who are already bald will be screwed though because with normal people no longer going bald, what is the incentive for drug companies to make a treatment for a group of guys that gets smaller and smaller as baldies die off.

there are some desparate Norwood 5+ on here that are hoping for a cure, but there were the same people saying the same things 15 years ago.

every single one of them now has accepted the fact that no cure will come out for probably decades. they all say "i have accepted baldness, it isn't so bad, i am in my 40's/50's now, just accept it" (while they secretly still hate it)

in a few years all the people on these boards who "know" a cure will be out in 2020; they will have "accepted" baldness too (as they have no other choice) as they are too mentally damaged to take finasteride without giving themselves OCD finasteride sides.

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
There are some for whom finapulling our such threads is truly depressing.

While the members who have been contributing intelligently here, like noisette and that guy, we still are skeptical. And it is very true that we will only know after the trials, probably late next year or early 2020, whether the Tsuji treatment works or not. Till then, most of what we do here is speculate.

People who can get transplants now should go ahead and do it. Coming here and speculating is pointless. But for those who have no other hope, well, Tsuji is the only remaining hope.
There were voices of reason back in 2005 as well:
Get a hair transplant now if you feel that you need one because that 08-09 is pure speculation which could easily happen much, much later on than you are hoping for. Really though, when is enough enough at that rate? Because there will always be people on these sites hyping up the next date HM will be available, because there has been in the past and it will continue to go on and on.

Just live your life and make decisions on facts not a few articles and a lot of speculation. :wink:

cocona

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In HM's defense they did produce new hair and had crazy good results. If Aderans didn't ditch the project HM would already be here.

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
In HM's defense they did produce new hair and had crazy good results. If Aderans didn't ditch the project HM would already be here.
I don’t know much about the past of hair loss research.
Why did adreans ditch the study?

@GeraltOfRivia

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
of course "it is different this time" "we are so close" when in reality nothing will be coming out.

i think in about 30 years we'll have a cure that is a topical that stops hair falling out, that will be used as a shampoo. us guys who are already bald will be screwed though because with normal people no longer going bald, what is the incentive for drug companies to make a treatment for a group of guys that gets smaller and smaller as baldies die off.

there are some desparate Norwood 5+ on here that are hoping for a cure, but there were the same people saying the same things 15 years ago.

every single one of them now has accepted the fact that no cure will come out for probably decades. they all say "i have accepted baldness, it isn't so bad, i am in my 40's/50's now, just accept it" (while they secretly still hate it)

in a few years all the people on these boards who "know" a cure will be out in 2020; they will have "accepted" baldness too (as they have no other choice) as they are too mentally damaged to take finasteride without giving themselves OCD finasteride sides.

Yeah bro u maybe right.Earlier I was damn excited abt so called new treatements coming.Still have false hope though I know nothing till next 10-20 years will be coming.

@GeraltOfRivia

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hype as always been there even before a decade but nothing comes.Its easier to grow hair on a mouse rather than on humans lol.All mouse have now various hair regrowth treatements

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hype as always been there even before a decade but nothing comes.Its easier to grow hair on a mouse rather than on humans lol.All mouse have now various hair regrowth treatements
They finally have one where you can grow human hair on them.
The trials for the same thing on humans are pending. Not all of your hope is false.

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score

i doubt that very much. if it worked, why did Aderans drop it?
look at what Aderans are doing now... they are selling HAIR SYSTEMS.

they tried HM, realized that growing hair on mice is very easy compared to growing hair on humans, realised that all they could do is maybe grow 5 or so hairs on a human and that they were wasting their time and money.
now they are selling WIGS.

at least they are selling something that adds hair, all of these big names in the new treatment boards will likely just disappear forever

Ikkaku

Established Member
Reaction score
I tought that aderans didn't regrowth hairs but gave the opportunity to maintain what you have.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Kek, you seem to have a lot of pent up anger in you, constantly insulting other members and trying to drop blackpills.

Chromedome1990

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

It's kind of weird to think what these old posters from back in '05 are up to now. All these guys who were saying "dude a cure's totally gonna come out before 2010! The future sure is bright!!111!!1" Obviously there's jack sh*t in 2018 compared to even 1998, so it makes you wonder if they eventually relented & got a hair transplant, or went the "just shave it bro!" route and are now posting on Slybaldguys.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
I got a hair transplant because Aderans was meant to produce a cure “in a couple of years” and then they shut down.

On one hand the transplant has served me well.

But 7-8 years on and im almost bald at the back / crown.

So I’m asking myself the same question again!!!!

The ONLY way I’d get another hair transplant is if I have a good master plan and whatever hair transplant I get is conducive to doing a short 1-3 buzz cut.

I’m 40 now so I don’t care as much as I used to about what others think of me. To say I don’t care at all would be a lie.

In fact I look at bald guys with a 1 cut and think I wish I could do that...,

Food for thought!

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's kind of weird to think what these old posters from back in '05 are up to now. All these guys who were saying "dude a cure's totally gonna come out before 2010! The future sure is bright!!111!!1" Obviously there's jack sh*t in 2018 compared to even 1998, so it makes you wonder if they eventually relented & got a hair transplant, or went the "just shave it bro!" route and are now posting on Slybaldguys.
All bald! Even their hair transplants have gone thin and died!

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
All bald! Even their hair transplants have gone thin and died!
Lol see my above post...

BUT it ain’t as bad as that. I got a good one, on a good day I’m happy with the slightly older guy with thinning hair look

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol see my above post...

BUT it ain’t as bad as that. I got a good one, on a good day I’m happy with the slightly older guy with thinning hair look
You obviously had a better result then I did. Mine is thin and doesn't look natural.

Pelopeleon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Wow. This is the most devastating comment in the entire thread.