Would this affect my gains? (finasteride + s5 cream)

omgmygains

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have been experiencing gradual hairloss (thinning) for about 3 years now. I have neglected any treatments up until a few months ago. So far my regimen is as follows:

Nizoral 3x wk (since october)
Minoxidil 1ml 2x daily (since december)
Finasteride 1.25 mg daily (since Feb 1).

I was thinking about adding S5 cream into my regimen to help speed up hair thickening and I was wondering the following:

If I were to experience any side effects from finasteride in the future, would I have any noticeable hair loss even if I continued the s5 cream? S5 cream is said to be just as effective as finasteride as a DHT blocker, so wouldn't that negate any hair loss from my stopping finasteride?

If it helps, I'm a physically active male (I exercise 6 times a week) and I'm in the 18-24 age bracket.

I don't have any pictures of my hair, but it's only very noticeable in the crown under bright lights and can be easily covered up with a few sprinkles of Toppik. The rest of my head is also thin, but not as much as the crown. I have had some recession in my temples, but it's more of a maturation than recession.

Thanks again for any input you have.

maximiliandreams

Established Member
Reaction score
I am not sure that S5 works like finasteride,even if they say so...i dont believe it... ;) so..attack hairloss with all guns. ;) in my opinion

omgmygains

Reaction score
maximiliandreams said:
I am not sure that S5 works like finasteride,even if they say so...i dont believe it... ;) so..attack hairloss with all guns. ;) in my opinion

All the reviews I've seen have all said that it works just as good as finasteride. Thanks for your input.

Chris87

Established Member
Reaction score
When you say S5...is that spironolactone? Forgive my ignorance. don't know much about spironolactone, though I've heard of people getting sides from it and it being kind of a pain in the *** because its a topical cream.

Anyway..just curious...any sides from the finasteride at all so far?

omgmygains

Reaction score
Chris87 said:
When you say S5...is that spironolactone? Forgive my ignorance. don't know much about spironolactone, though I've heard of people getting sides from it and it being kind of a pain in the *** because its a topical cream.

Anyway..just curious...any sides from the finasteride at all so far?

Not so far, but I'm not ruling it out yet. And I do mean spironolactone when I say S5 cream.