Would Switching From finasteride To dutasteride Cause Shedding?

con1000

Reaction score
Hi folks,

As per title, noticed more shedding and i've switched to dutasteride about a month now...

Cheers.

Folliman

Established Member
Reaction score
I haven't done it but people have reported shedding for a year, you have to ride it out.

rafiles

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello, how long did you use finasteride. How is your situation now with dutasteride (shedding).

con1000

Reaction score
Used finasteride for about 4 years . .. worked OK but think my diffuse thinning was getting worse still... heard dutasteride was stronger so switched but have noticed more shedding. . think the diffuse thinning is still getting worse also... only on it about 2 months though so will stick with it

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Used finasteride for about 4 years . .. worked OK but think my diffuse thinning was getting worse still... heard dutasteride was stronger so switched but have noticed more shedding. . think the diffuse thinning is still getting worse also... only on it about 2 months though so will stick with it
Are you using finasteride and dutasteride together?

con1000

Reaction score
hi all, thanks for replies..

not using finasteride and dutasteride together... i stopped using finasteride and went on to dutasteride

Whenever there is an abrupt change in hormone levels a telogen effluvium can trigger so to answer your question yes.

just wondering why would there be a change ... dont finasteride and dutasteride do the same thing???

definitely think my diffuse thinning is getting worse since i switched... but the photos i have are sorta inconclusive...

could i be losing gains or stability i got with finasteride?
Should i go back on finasteride and keep taking dutasteride as well?

thanks for help... really considering FUE transplant now as i can only see thinning getting worse and cant seem to stop the hair loss progressing....

SaitamaSensei

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If your hairloss is aggresive, consider the change bro it can work better for some ppl.

con1000

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.... just final question..

is there any point going back onto finasteride now? as in taking finasteride and dutasteride together?