Would Minoxidill Dependent Hair Be Permanently Depend On It?

Distressed

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just something I've been thinking about. If you were using minoxidill and then stopped, then try new treatment that would potentially regrow hair, would the hair dependent on minoxidill be permanently gone and dependent on just that for good?

AllerganSaveUs

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Possibly. For example, if you were using Minoxidil and Finasteride for a year, and then quit Minoxidil, there would definitely be at least SOME hair that Finasteride could not save because they were only surviving because of Minoxidil. The studies show that Minoxidil discontinuation after a long period of using it causes a lot of hair loss. It is possible that another treatment could grow it back, but I would say unlikely. It really depends on what that other treatment is.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Of course if you suddenly stop it, there will be a shed but I never hear about anyone trying to gradually reduce it

Maxxorr

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
no more dangerous than any other drug currently available that helps with hair. its not a wig or a hair transplant.

A friend of mine applied minoxidil for about a year with catastrophic results... he never regained the initial shed and after discontinuing minoxidil he shed a second time loosing even more... (minoxidil put him from NW2 to NW4 territory *lol*)

That's why I am hesitant about trying minoxidil.

meagainsttheworld

My Regimen
Reaction score
minoxidil is working fine for me. but as soon as i stop. the hair loss is crazy. i started wit minoxidil 1 year ago. i applied it for about 3 months and got prettey good results. nearly perfect hairline. than i stopped for 9 months and in that time my hair got thinner ans thinner so i decided to start minoxidil again. i am now 3 months back again with minoxidil and i can see that my hair is slowly getting back. also im currently using expired minoxidlil. and im just applying a very little of it. just like 3 finger tips of the foam. and it i working. i will post pictures of my hair when my hair is fully regained. you will be suprised. thats for sure.