Would like to consider adding Revivogen??

StoptheMadness

Established Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of adding Revivogen nightly now that Xandrox is off the market......

Can Revivogen be safely added for night treatment when already using Propecia, spironolactone cream (temples at night) and minoxidil?

Or should another treatment be considered instead of Revivogen??

Any comments would be helpful. thanks.

Browny

Established Member
Reaction score
There would be no harm in adding it, there is a consensus that Rev generally didnt get enough persistence with users in the past, some of it will be them not seeing great results but i know alot of it was because of how messy and smelly that formula was and they gave up.

There is a new formula of rev that i started 2 weeks ago, not messy or smelly easy to apply and dries quickly, so far my shedding seems to have decreased and im gonna continure for the next 6 months and see how things go.

As Finfighter says though, the two topicals he mentioned are probably more effective but the natural ingredients and generally more testing thats been done on Revivogen would make that the safer option

Good luck

Jacob

Reaction score
I think he was asking though if it'd make sense or even be wise to use it along with what he's already using. I personally wouldn't combine such topical products..in the same evening.

Browny

Established Member
Reaction score
Yep i should have read it properly

well if he is wanting to add another topical at night would it be wise to shift one to the morning? as using three topicals at night might be overkill plus the hours in between applications might take up too much of his time.

maybe consider using minoxidil foam in the morning and spironolactone / revivogen or any of the 2 topicals Finfighter mentioned at night?

StoptheMadness

Established Member
Reaction score
Browny said:
Yep i should have read it properly

well if he is wanting to add another topical at night would it be wise to shift one to the morning? as using three topicals at night might be overkill plus the hours in between applications might take up too much of his time.

maybe consider using minoxidil foam in the morning and spironolactone / revivogen or any of the 2 topicals Finfighter mentioned at night?

Yes, I was leaning revivogen at night also really have no idea if it's a good compliment to what I am already taking:

I should have been a bit more clear as far as regimen....

morning topicals are minoxidil on whole head (and foam on hairline)

night topicals are Xandrox on scalp and minoxidil on crown/hairline. 10 min later spironolactone on temples

all this plus propecia

As I said I had been applying xandrox at night so it was basically an extra does of minoxidil (plus azelaic acid for what that's worth). So now, given my regimen, what should be substituted for Xandrox? finasteride Fighter's suggestion, while probably effective, is not realistic as I would like to simplify something that is already quite involved.

Browny

Established Member
Reaction score
Well ypu seem to already have a good regimen, i think most on here would chip in and suggest Nizoral too, but there is nothing wrong with adding rev, as i said earlier the general consensus in the past was that the stuff was smelly and messy so many people didnt give it a proper chance, those that did had some decent results - see DoctorHouse for example

For me i have been lurking on the forums a while and always stayed away from rev purely cos of the bad rep it had with the smell etc, when the new formula was announced i jumped straight on board, the natural ingredients and no side effects was what attracted me.

I cant tell you any results yet as i have only been on it 2 weeks, but its a nice easy topical to apply

Let us know how you get on mate

StoptheMadness

Established Member
Reaction score
Browny said:
For me i have been lurking on the forums a while and always stayed away from rev purely cos of the bad rep it had with the smell etc, when the new formula was announced i jumped straight on board, the natural ingredients and no side effects was what attracted me.

I cant tell you any results yet as i have only been on it 2 weeks, but its a nice easy topical to apply

Is the REV sold on this website the new formula you speak of (as opposed to dr. house)?

(oh I do 2% nizoral once a week too)

Once I stick with something, I stick with it indefinitely without fail (Rogaine 7 yrs, Propecia 6 yrs, Xandrox, 5 yrs, etc.). So if I decide to add REV (or whatever else) then I'll let you know how it helps me maintain - but it would be at least 6 months minimum to a year I guess.

Browny

Established Member
Reaction score
StoptheMadness said:
Browny said:

Is the REV sold on this website the new formula you speak of (as opposed to dr. house)?

(oh I do 2% nizoral once a week too)

Once I stick with something, I stick with it indefinitely without fail (Rogaine 7 yrs, Propecia 6 yrs, Xandrox, 5 yrs, etc.). So if I decide to add REV (or whatever else) then I'll let you know how it helps me maintain - but it would be at least 6 months minimum to a year I guess.

Not sure if they sell it here, i live in England and buy mine from Tricotec (apologies if im not meant to name names) , it says on their website that they now only have the new revivogen formula which has 2013 expiry dates on, i guess any bottles with 2013 or more expiry dates are gonna be the new formula.

Good to hear that you stick with treaments, if you go ahead with revivogen then we will have a good number of people on here trying out the new formula at roughly the same time, check out the "new revivogen formula" thread on the 2nd page of this section