Would It Be Worth It For Me To Use Propecia When I'm Older?

Onni

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I'm soon 20yo and I think it's likely that I'll lose my hair when I'm older. I think in that case I would just let it go or use propecia. Propecia has a problem tho, because I live in Finland (I might move abroad later) and I read that in here they don't sell propecia to 42yo or older, so in that case using propecia would mean that I'd lose a lot of my hair at once, after I stopped taking it, rather than over time. It would be more dramatic. I don't know why I'm thinking this, but I guess I like to plan things ahead.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Impying that we won't get anything better in 20+ years

JohnnyB.

My Regimen
Reaction score
This would only be an issue if 1. Even when you are 42, this is true for every doctor and there is still no other medication 2. You stay in Finland 3. You are not able to get the propecia another way (especially the third assumption is ridiculous)

Nevertheless a question I have asked myself as well; Imagine we have two identical twins, both affected equally by hairloss - one starts medication at 20 with propecia and stops being 42 years old while the other doesn't take any medication at all; How would their look differ when they are both let's say 45 or 50?

My understanding is that unlike minoxidil you do have some bonus and if you took propecia for several years you'll always have more hair than that imaginary twin who never started the medication - so in other words, if you put aside sides and money, it is always beneficial to take it

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Look at the brightside, maybe a clinic will forget to copy your id and they'll think you look 42 when your skin clean on top and they'll prescribe finasteride for you.

JohnnyB.

My Regimen
Reaction score
And what about the question I had?

If there are two identical twins, one who does not take any medication, the other one taking finasterid for several years and then stopping it - will the second twin who had some treatment for some years continue to have a benefit over the person who never had any treatment at all?

BTW: There is this crazy dude Scoobysnack, disliking all my posts - seems like this forum is being filled either with maniacs or toddlers, sometimes both lol

Scoobysnack

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And what about the question I had?

If there are two identical twins, one who does not take any medication, the other one taking finasterid for several years and then stopping it - will the second twin who had some treatment for some years continue to have a benefit over the person who never had any treatment at all?

BTW: There is this crazy dude Scoobysnack, disliking all my posts - seems like this forum is being filled either with maniacs or toddlers, sometimes both lol

Where’s your mommy? Pretty infantile for you to bich about it after going through and disliking every post I’ve made. Grow up.