Would I Be A Good Candidate For hair transplant?

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
I've attached my photos. I know that I will not get full density, but I want a result like this

http://www.footmercato.net/images/a/guardiola-veut-a-tout-prix-prolonger-keita-et-alves_48628.jpg

http://www.nationalturk.com/en/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Pep-Guardiola-stress-nationalturk.jpg

What would happen with my natural hairline if I get a procedure? Will the hair transplant follow it or will the new hairline be set higher? I was worried that my natural hairline is too low for a hair transplant. Thanks for your help. IMG_20170218_221440840.jpg IMG_20170218_221929156.jpg Untitled.png Untitled2.jpg

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Especially the vertex would benefit. As for the mid part of the scalp and the hairline, you need a really good surgeon who can implant hair without affecting negatively what is already there.

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You would be a good candidate if you got on medication and it stopped the loss. You need about 5000 grafts for starters to get coverage front to crown.

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
You would be a good candidate if you got on medication and it stopped the loss. You need about 5000 grafts for starters to get coverage front to crown.

I don't want to use finasteride or dutasteride. minoxidil gave me heart palpitation side effects. I might try it again, but it's just a temporary solution anyway. One online consultation said that I have 3500 grafts available.

nohairnohair

Reaction score
I advise that you get advised by a professional. For me, I can say that i dilly dallied at first. In hindsight I should have gotten help right away, then I would have saved more when I finally opted for hair transplant. My hair loss would not have progressed that much if I made a move right away.

Wolff

Reaction score
So you´re 26 years young, balding towards NW6, has what looks like an average donor, and do (wisely) not want to use Propecia. The answer to your question is : no. You´re not a candidate for a hair transplant. If proceed anyway you may end up with issues 100 times worse than what your having today. Do yourself a favor, abstain from hair surgery. It's not for you.

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
So you´re 26 years young, balding towards NW6, has what looks like an average donor, and do (wisely) not want to use Propecia. The answer to your question is : no. You´re not a candidate for a hair transplant. If proceed anyway you may end up with issues 100 times worse than what your having today. Do yourself a favor, abstain from hair surgery. It's not for you.

Thanks for your advice. What issues 100 times worse could I end up with? I thought that, in the worst case, I'll just have a bald crown with hair in front. That's a natural look, I thought.

shookwun

Reaction score
At first I thought it would be a costly procedure under the merit of being a NW5, but after looking through the back shot you are pretty much a NW7.

Unfortunately you are not a good candidate if you are looking for full restoration.

At this point, a side weighted hair transplant is the best you can expect to restore your hair.

Grafting your entire scalp will result in a pluggy appearance. hair loss is to aggressive, crown is entirely gone... and your horseshoe is almost touching the safe donor area.

be realistic about your expectations, and prepare to spend 10,000-20,000 USD on (transplant surgery, travel costs n such)
depleted-supply-fig3.gif
depleted-supply-fig4.gif

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
i wouldnt do it mate

like shook saids youll just have a pluggy look. having that buzz cut look like guardiola just cant be done. youll just have thick looking roots spread across your head. youll look like a cactus.

pllyy.jpg

i think for this idea to work youll need to grow the hairs out a touch, like on the left. when buzzed short, itll look pluggy like on the right

but being a nw6/7 you just dont have the donor to pull it off.

your hairloss is weird. you got high sides but seriously f*****g low crown. bad donor

26 years old is rough

but on the bright you seem to have all the other things you need to pull the balding buzz cut/shaved look off. you look like you are dark skinned. good head shape, well built, strong jaw with facial hair and a decent sense of fashion.

i would just shave it/buzz it close man

hair transplant just wouldnt be worth it

what you want to look like cant be achieved imo. i wish it could, its the look id want too

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's what I think. Wouldn't do it if I were him.

Look at the U.S. President. He has a failed transplant. The density looks so stupid
all around his head now.

Not saying this to be political. It's about hair. It's the truth.

Tano1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for your advice. What issues 100 times worse could I end up with? I thought that, in the worst case, I'll just have a bald crown with hair in front. That's a natural look, I thought.
Don't forget about scarring. If your hair transplant fails you're left with scars regardless of the procedure you chose. FUT has higher yields but even in a case like yours it's just not possible to cover your entire head. Aside from all that, you'll spend tons more money trying to repair the scar after having spent a lot already. Don't let the internet fool you, even the tiniest scars from FUE are visible with a shaved head. Don't give up though just have patience because the new technology is already here and several new possible cures are within our reach. Shave it for now since you have a good head shape.

shookwun

Reaction score
He can achieve density, but he needs to accept that he will have a bald crown, and posterior part of the scalp.

Frontal restoration in a side weighted transplant fashion with a comb over is the best you can expect to have density, and not look like a pluggy moron.

proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bernsteinmedical.com%2Fimages%2Fdepleted-supply-fig4.png

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
He can achieve density, but he needs to accept that he will have a bald crown, and posterior part of the scalp.

Frontal restoration in a side weighted transplant fashion with a comb over is the best you can expect to have density, and not look like a pluggy moron.

proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bernsteinmedical.com%2Fimages%2Fdepleted-supply-fig4.png

he may be able to achieve what you suggest, but hes talking about keeping it buzzed. which doesnt work imo. no matter the density, it will always look pluggy when buzzed that short

he would have to grow it out to look normal and do something you suggest. but would this look better than just keeping it buzzed? i dont think so

Starscream

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are norwood 5 going to 6. Probably in not many years you will be around norwood 7. If you don't want to take medications even a good hair transplant will be spoiled in about ten years.

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
Are you guys saying that if I were to count the number of hairs on top and transplant this many hairs on a slick NW6, it wouldn't look like mine? I.e. that grafts don't look natural when buzzed down, unless there is sufficient density? What exactly does this 'pluggy' look refer to?

I was inspired by Fred; he only wanted to make the transition from 'bald' to 'not bald' because of the discrimination he faced. Is there any way for me to do that with a transplant? I don't want to do this side weighted transplant + combover route because I wouldn't realistically have the option of cutting short. I'd have to wear it long with the combover or, if things go wrong, shave it with no guard as an exit strategy.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you guys saying that if I were to count the number of hairs on top and transplant this many hairs on a slick NW6, it wouldn't look like mine? I.e. that grafts don't look natural when buzzed down, unless there is sufficient density? What exactly does this 'pluggy' look refer to?

I was inspired by Fred; he only wanted to make the transition from 'bald' to 'not bald' because of the discrimination he faced. Is there any way for me to do that with a transplant? I don't want to do this side weighted transplant + combover route because I wouldn't realistically have the option of cutting short. I'd have to wear it long with the combover or, if things go wrong, shave it with no guard as an exit strategy.

Check what a doctor thinks about your donor zone and how many available grafts you have. Even your horseshoe looked diffused and like sh*t to be honest. You should get on finasteride to keep what you have first of all.

Starscream

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you don't want to take finasteride don't think about the transplant, it will not satisfy you.

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
Hey guys I've been using minoxidil and I got some improvement. Am I still a poor candidate? Thanks.

Attachments

• 6843 cropped with effects.jpg
    6843 cropped with effects.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 829
  • SAM_6837.JPG
    SAM_6837.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 801