Would dutasteride MWF provide better results than every day?

LogiblueUK

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been on finasteride 1mg for over 15 years before I switched to Dutasteride 0.5mg every day in 2015. The result is a massive shed in the frontal area. I stayed on dutasteride, and a to two years later, the rest of the hair saw improvement over finasteride. However, the frontal area remained weak. The hair in the frontal area was much shorter than the rest, because it couldn't stay growing.

So I switched back to finasteride after trying dutasteride for 5 years. In 2020, I switched back to finasteride, but after 2 years, the overall hair quality and thickness seemed much worse, while the frontal area only saw little improvement.

So I switched back to dutasteride in 2022. After 1.5 years on dutasteride again, now, Nov 2023, I noticed the frontal area is like before, it's much shorter than the rest.

I've seen a lot of reports of dutasteride damaging the frontal area. I'm wondering, if I lower the dosage to every other day on dutasteride, instead of every day, would it provide a better result? Has anyone experienced something similar on dutasteride?

Also, I have never had any side effects during all these years on finasteride/dutasteride. 20+ years now.

Thanks

thatslin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why did you switch to dutasteride in the first place? Because finasteride lost its efficacy?