Would Dutasteride be Effective if Finasteride stopped working

Aqalp

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,
Finasteride seems to have lost effectiveness for me. Originally it slowed male pattern baldness & thickened hair, but now I'm not sure anymore. When I started 6 years ago I was Norwood 2.5. I'm prob now Nw4 with crown thinning. Would Dutasteride be a better treatment option ?

bsmith

My Regimen
Reaction score
For androgen related hair loss, it would be better. It also has a higher chance of side effects than Finasteride does. If your baldness is not androgen related, then it would have no effect.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Hello,
Finasteride seems to have lost effectiveness for me. Originally it slowed male pattern baldness & thickened hair, but now I'm not sure anymore. When I started 6 years ago I was Norwood 2.5. I'm prob now Nw4 with crown thinning. Would Dutasteride be a better treatment option ?
Your genetics are winning the battle. You can try it and see if you improve but chances are your genetics will always win until we have something way better to counteract our genetics.

Aqalp

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thx for replies.

Is there anywhere to get Dutasteride online ? I'm in Canada.

Aqalp

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly dutasteride is unlikely to give you regrowth. Your best bet is to look into getting a transplant.
I plan to get one, but my goal is to save the hair that I have. Finasteride did work in slowing the baldness, I'd be more than happy if Dutasteride does the same, anything more would be a bonus.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I plan to get one, but my goal is to save the hair that I have. Finasteride did work in slowing the baldness, I'd be more than happy if Dutasteride does the same, anything more would be a bonus.
There was one study with one person where they used dutasteride with finasteride one day per week and it did improve. Too bad we have not seen too many cases online with the same success. I tried it and it made no difference. You would be better off trying oral minoxidil first.